On a Scale from 1-10, How Excited Are You for Darksiders 2?

• 112 results
#51 Edited by CaLe (3916 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

i.

Why do you make me scroll up to see which number i. is? I'll never get that time back. Never ever.

#52 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

Excited, but I use a lesser, different scale for all other games than Guild Wars 2 for which I use a really large scale that takes up the whole of my basement.

#53 Posted by Video_Game_King (36109 posts) -

@CaLe said:

@Video_Game_King said:

i.

Why do you make me scroll up to see which number i. is? I'll never get that time back. Never ever.

It's your own fault, because I meant the number, not the letter.

#54 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

i.

ahh so this is where the 20k+ posts come from.

#55 Posted by Video_Game_King (36109 posts) -

@Jayzilla said:

@Video_Game_King said:

i.

ahh so this is where the 20k+ posts come from.

Blogs, actually.

#56 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Not really excited but I wanna play it. About a 6

#57 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

7-ish

I really loved the first one and I'm looking forward to this.. but the fact it's releasing a couple of days before Guild Wars 2 has pushed it way down my list. The amount of DLC is also pretty off-putting. I'll be waiting for some sales or a GoTY version.

#58 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

9 after they showed off the PC version in the quicklook.

#59 Posted by Carryboy (633 posts) -

About an 8 for the fact its a sequel to darksiders, about a 6 from what ive seen so far.

#60 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

7, I'm definitely getting it, but it isn't on my mind!

#61 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Im turned up to 12. That's not that high because i start at 10.

#62 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

8. While Darksiders is better than any modern Zelda game I'm curious to see what Darksiders 2 brings to the table.

#63 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

I didn't know Darksiders 2 had loot until recently so 7.

#64 Posted by Hailinel (23973 posts) -

I'm a 1, I guess. Never cared for the first one, don't care for the second. I just find the premise too silly to be a "dark Zelda," especially when the designers can't even be arsed to use the actual four riders and feel the need to replace Pestilence and Famine with Fury and Strife.

I mean, really. What the hell?

#65 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

7 or 8, I guess.
The game is looking pretty sweet, but I've taught myself never to really feel all that hyped about video games anymore-- I've been disappointed quite a few times lately, so I feel it's best this way ^^

#66 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I picked 3. I myself don't want to play the game but i'm curious to hear what fans and Jeff think of the game.

#67 Posted by BeachThunder (11724 posts) -

I've preordered and I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm not exactly jizzing all over my pants - so, I went with a 7.

#68 Posted by Bulby33 (550 posts) -

10. The wait is killing me.

#69 Posted by me3639 (1730 posts) -
@Positrark said:

I said 8. I enjoyed the first one and I really want to play the game, but I can't justify playing it until next year seeing as to how I have a bunch of Steam summer sale games I also want to play. It just doesn't make fiscal sense to buy the game at full price now.

I'm hyped to the nth degree as i loved the first, BUT like you backlog and steam games are probably going to hold me over for a while. Plus, winter sale it will(maybe) be half price!
#70 Posted by Zaccheus (1789 posts) -

I played Darksiders recently and it was... ok. So maybe level 5 excitement for the sequel.

#71 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

About a 5, I'll pick it up when its cheap.

#72 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

Around a 7. Don't think I'll get it at launch but I will play it at some point. Probably wait for the price to go down a bit. I think I'm done buying games at launch to be honest.

#73 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

I preordered the game, which I rarely ever do. So.....11

#74 Posted by Raven10 (1740 posts) -

I am moderately excited. I liked what I saw in the Quick Look enough that I decided to finish the first game. Assuming the console versions are okay I'll probably rent the second. If the PC version turns out a lot better I'll probably wait for the next Steam sale to pick it up.

#75 Posted by ProfessorEss (7283 posts) -

I loved the first one and though I am excited for the sequel I'm a little concerned that some of the added "depth" will actually hurt the game more than it helps. We'll see.

#76 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -

like a 7. pretty stoked. not like HOLYSHITFUCKOHMYJESUS excited, but i'll get it when i have some cash

#77 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Darksiders is one of my favorite games ever, so pretty damn hyped (10.) I'm not going to be able to buy it for at least a month after release though :(

#78 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

I'm not excited, so 1.

Yeah, I wasn't interested in the first game.

#79 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

10. It's gonna be amazing.

#80 Posted by Schmollian (259 posts) -

I'm going to be playing Sleeping Dogs because I have yet to play the first Darksiders (which I DID get during the steam sales but have yet to get around to playing it)

#81 Posted by Fearbeard (825 posts) -

I played quite a bit of the first but never ended up finishing it. I need to go back to it.

Darksiders 2 looks like it'll be pretty awesome though.

#82 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1002 posts) -

11,000,000. I cannot fucking wait.

#83 Posted by Calosin (5 posts) -

So far past 11, it's ridiculous. I haven't been this pumped for a game since Witcher 2, and that game exceeded all my expectations tenfold. This one's shaping up to do the same. Bring it!

#84 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10566 posts) -

I put 11 because this is the first game I've pre-ordered since 2006. It didn't feel right putting any other number after I went through the trouble to do that before any sort of reviews are out.

#85 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

8. Unfortunately, I have to pass on it. All my money is being saved to go towards ACIII.

#86 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

One, i'm going to buy Sleeping Dogs instead.

#87 Posted by believer258 (11682 posts) -

Seven.

It looks great, and I plan on definitely getting it at some point, but not necessarily at launch.

#88 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11498 posts) -

Like... 2? The thing is, I'm not really a big fan of Zelda to begin with, so when you tell me that they made that but dark and edgy I will say "ok, that sounds alright" and be on my merry way. Also, I've been burned a few too many times to really get SUPER CRAZY ULTRA HYPED about anything. Even stuff I'm looking forward to and will theoretically buy at full price like XCOM Enemy Unknown and Dishonored.

#89 Posted by yoshisaur (2668 posts) -

About a 7. The first game didn't blow me away, but was a lot of fun. The story is something that caters to my interests and the second looks to be no exception. I find it hard to get "excited" over games any more. I miss being younger when I had that feeling :(

#90 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -

Mostly interested...so, a 7 out of 10 on the scale. Looks good so far.

#91 Posted by NTM (7286 posts) -

One. I didn't play the first one, unless you consider playing for less than 30 minutes of it on OnLive playing it, and this one just doesn't look that great to me, I guess. I don't care about Darksiders, that's all.

#92 Posted by obscurefan (282 posts) -

7 - Enough for me to get it, but low enough to wait for a price drop.

#93 Edited by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

6, I guess.

I hadn't really considered it until the QL EX. I'd heard great things about Darksiders but haven't gotten my hands on it myself. My brother expressed interest in buying Darksiders 2, though, so if he buys the 360 version, I'll just borrow his when he's done.

#94 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

A damn 11 son. I can´t WAIT for this game.

#95 Posted by MegaLombax (384 posts) -

Consistently a 10. After the ending of Darksiders 1, I remained hyped, up until this day.

#96 Posted by Ezakael (917 posts) -

I'd say a 6. It's a game I'm definitely interested in but there are quite a few games I still want to get before I buy Darksiders 2. Hell I still need to finish the first one.

#97 Posted by BeachThunder (11724 posts) -

Upgrade me to 8 >_> I'm counting down the hours D:

#98 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

@CaLe said:

@Seppli said:

@Giefcookie said:

I'm excited for it but at the same time I am trying to decide whether to pick it up or not since it comes out the same week as GW2 in Europe.

Nah. 16th in Europe for Darksiders 2. GW2 early access is on the 25th.

16th? Steam tells me 20th.

It's 24th here for retail(me) and 20th(Steam). Cheers. EU always fucked.

#99 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Maybe like a 6? It looks good, but I feel obligated to play the first game (which I'm also interested in). It's not high on my list of wants.

#100 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

TWENTY BILLION.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.