PC or 360 version...the choice!

#1 Posted by Tom1243 (49 posts) -

Could I get some views on both versions and which is best. Jeff says the pc version is sharper and has better frame rate but I am reading things about the pc problems, I.e. v synch, screen tearing etc. which would be annoying. Then I was reading about other 'technical' problems from other reviews and I am confused are there only problems when you enable v synch. Would appreciate the help as I am on my way home from a holiday today and stoked to get back and play the best version!

#2 Posted by JoeyRavn (4886 posts) -

The PC version is the best, really, but for the moment wait. Wait at least till the first patch is out and you can see how much they improved the game and ironed out the bugs and issues. Vigil confirmed yesterday that the first patch is bound to be released in the next few weeks, so the wait isn't that long. If by the time the PC version is patched it still doesn't convince you, get the game on 360.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11264 posts) -

I'm not sure why you wouldn't get the PC version if you have a good enough PC...

V Sync can be fixed via nVidia control panel (or AMD equivalent); also, there's supposed to be a patch incoming. Other issues with the PC version are more to with expectations that people have from a PC version, such as low resolution textures - which are only going to be an issue with higher resolutions/the fact people are going to be closer to their monitors than their TVs.

#4 Posted by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -

Always PC version.

#5 Posted by Tom1243 (49 posts) -

Aye my pc is high spec, was just reading lots of different things ( which is bound to happen) just need done confirmation that the pc version want as bad as people were saying in places.

Cheers for the advice

#6 Posted by Tom1243 (49 posts) -

Typos due to god damn iPhone auto correct!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.