Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Pre-order through shopTHQ, get all DLC free

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JoeyRavn
    The DarksidersII will entitle customers who pre-order the game via the shopTHQ to download the 2 and 3 DLC packs when they become available at no cost. All pre-orders will also automatically be upgraded to the Limited Edition version of the game which includes the first DLC drop, Argul’s Tomb. These DLC packs will include significant new single player content. The first drop, Argul’s Tomb, will become available roughly one month after the game ships.
    On top of the DLC content packs users who pre-order via the shopTHQ will also receive a code to unlock the exclusive Maker’s Armor and Scythe set. Featuring upgraded stats and a unique design this will help players make a start on Death’s quest.

Source

So, to sum up: pre-order anywhere, get the first DLC for free, you can buy the second and third later (individually or through a Season Pass); pre-order at THQ, get all three DLCs free.

I've already pre-ordered the game on Steam, but since the game is confirmed to be using Steamworks, I guess that preorders from THQ's shop will be able to be redeemed on Steam, right? Does anyone know if I can cancel a pre-order on Steam?

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Samaritan

That's kind of a neat way to incentivize a direct publisher-to-consumer "relationship".

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By joshthebear

Will probably go through their store then. I can't say no to free dlc that I'd probably end up purchasing anyways.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

Hopefully their store is better then Capcom's own store.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

you cant cancel steam pre orders (unless you get in contact with their costumer service i guess)

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Rhaknar said:

you cant cancel steam pre orders (unless you get in contact with their costumer service i guess)

I opened a support ticket, hopefully they'll cancel my pre-order. I did it some months ago, before Darksiders II was move from June to August, and a lot has changed since then. For $50 (€40) on the THQ Store I'm getting a lot more than on Steam for €50 ($63).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I don't really do much DLC anymore, most of it isn't the same quality as the 60 dollar game... But sure THQ, I'll dance your dance.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By WMWA

I have no problem with this. Seems like a good deal for publisher and us consumers

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By demonbear

I preordered at THQ's. Its a good deal, free shipping and all the dlc? why not.

I like THQ games. I'm a big Warhammer 40k fan, Company of Heroes, Darksiders, etc. If this helps THQ to get through these tough times, sure, i'll get my games from there. Plus Usually, all THQ games are redeemable on steam, can't go wrong!

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By rockinkemosabe

This seems like a good idea.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Rafaelfc

Just preordered, can't wait for this game.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaLe

Hopefully it will be just as simple as putting a key into Steam which recognises that you've got all the DLC. I pre-ordered just now, the first time I've pre-ordered anything since Mass Effect 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I can't not have steam achievements. Guys, steam achievements have their hooks in me.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By gaminghooligan

that's awesome. def doing that then

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ch3burashka

On the one hand, FREE DLC! On the other, how can they afford free DLC when their ship is steadily sinking? I'm not advocating greed or unjust practices, I just figured Darksiders would be a good vector for some extra DLC cash that they can totally use right about now.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ComradeKhan

I will do this

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By mosdl

@CH3BURASHKA said:

On the one hand, FREE DLC! On the other, how can they afford free DLC when their ship is steadily sinking? I'm not advocating greed or unjust practices, I just figured Darksiders would be a good vector for some extra DLC cash that they can totally use right about now.

If you order through them they get a bigger chunk of the $ than if you bought it through another retailer. Plus they hope this results in more preorders.

SpydrMrphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpydrMrphy

@CH3BURASHKA: Because it's direct, the publisher gets the cut a retailer usually gets, they can use that to afford the free DLC.

zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zungerman090

Any idea whether they ship outside of US?

EDIT: I guess they do, but I have to pay 60 bucks for shipping. Amazon it is then.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

I can't not have steam achievements. Guys, steam achievements have their hooks in me.

The game is Steamworks, I believe.

I definitely support THQ doing this, rewarding the early adopters, rather than those who will wait and pay £20 for a GoTY version makes a lot of sense. But it's coming too close to Guild Wars 2 and Borderlands for me. Maybe next year these games companies will finally learn to take advantage of the barren summer period, instead of cramming every release into a few months.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SomeDeliCook

This is way better than season passes or online passes. It encourages buying the game early and at full price and it gives the consumers a bunch of free content!

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JoeyRavn

@zungerman090 said:

Any idea whether they ship outside of US?

EDIT: I guess they do, but I have to pay 60 bucks for shipping. Amazon it is then.

You could get the "digital download", though. I know it sounds stupid, but, hey, that's what they've been calling these versions. It's what I did. I just want the game, it registers on Steam, I don't need no fancy DVD case, yo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WinterSnowblind so can you confirm it will be redeemable on steam?
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JoeyRavn

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@WinterSnowblind so can you confirm it will be redeemable on steam?

THQ confirmed it was a Steamworks title, so pretty much yeah.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By demonbear
    @CH3BURASHKA said:

What's better, sell more games, 60$ a pop, or sell more dlc? Come on.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pweidman

Great idea on THQ's part, and I hope people buy it through them. THQ needs all the help they can get right now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeyRavn: Having a steam account is listed under the system requirements for this game...I should've figured.

When do the pre-orders on THQ shop end?

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#28  Edited By ADAMWD

Is this deal just for the PC version?

Edit: Looks like it is for all versions. This is a great deal, but what are the chances THQ gets me the game on release day like I know Amazon will.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By benspyda

I preordered on steam because the THQ store is $15 dearer than steam preorder (in my region) and I get the first DLC atleast. But yeah good deal for those who can get it at the identical price.

shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By shikon

I will not be using the THQ store as its in german and refuses to go to english! good job thq.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

This is genius and something I'll gladly support. If this is the kind of business practice THQ plans to continue I wish them the best and brightest future.

"Give us no extra money out of your pocket and we'll give you 30$ more game."

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By joshthebear

I'd love to order through THQ, but have no idea if it would arrive on release day or not. Whereas with Amazon I'd be guaranteed to get it day 1, but no season pass. Anyone know if THQ would have it one day 1?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Shikon said:

I will not be using the THQ store as its in german and refuses to go to english! good job thq.

Yeah, it automatically switched to your language/country. But with a mix of Internet ingenuity and hard work (read: a VPN), you can shop in the American site and pay in dollars :D

@joshthebear said:

I'd love to order through THQ, but have no idea if it would arrive on release day or not. Whereas with Amazon I'd be guaranteed to get it day 1, but no season pass. Anyone know if THQ would have it one day 1?

Probably not. But I much rather have to wait one or two days to play the game and get all the DLC for free than getting it on day 1 and having to pay €20-€30 more later on...

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By butano

Well, after hearing that Vigil would have to sell between 4-5 million copies of the game for there to be a third, I don't mind preordering the PC version from their store if it includes all the DLC for it. Gonna have to wait for my paycheck to come in next week though before ordering it.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Nubster

@joshthebear said:

I doubt it'll be at your home one day 1, but you get all of the DLC for free, codes for new weapons and armor, and you're directly supporting THQ when they need it the most. I'd say that's worth waiting an extra day to play.

Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sunspots

Hmmmm.... I didn't know about this until recently, and I preordered via Amazon. I just wish that Darksiders2 was to be released in July was it? instead of being pushed to August. At any rate, I am eagerly awaiting the games drop date, and I am running through the first game to pump myself up while I wait. I am playing through again on Apocalyptic difficulty and I am trying to get the Abyssal armour set. Does anyone know how much of a difference in combat the Abyssal armour set has? Or is it purely cosmetic in nature?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By napalm

Isn't this how Saints Row: The Third operated? Preorder through ShopTHQ and get the season pass for free? Regardless, it's a damn good deal, and THQ needs to build as much good stock as they can.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Butano said:

Well, after hearing that Vigil would have to sell between 4-5 million copies of the game for there to be a third, I don't mind preordering the PC version from their store if it includes all the DLC for it. Gonna have to wait for my paycheck to come in next week though before ordering it.

Ouch that figure is kinda rough.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Sunspots said:

Hmmmm.... I didn't know about this until recently, and I preordered via Amazon. I just wish that Darksiders2 was to be released in July was it? instead of being pushed to August. At any rate, I am eagerly awaiting the games drop date, and I am running through the first game to pump myself up while I wait. I am playing through again on Apocalyptic difficulty and I am trying to get the Abyssal armour set. Does anyone know how much of a difference in combat the Abyssal armour set has? Or is it purely cosmetic in nature?

Abyssal is great for reducing damage. With that and the stoneskin (i think it was called) buff you were almost invulnurable.

Korosuzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Korosuzo

Just purchased the Xbox version as someone already mentioned it gives you the free season pass on the console versions too. Good deal and if it helps them make another game all the better.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hatking

Damn, wish I knew about this before. Oh well, I have it entirely paid off elsewhere. I'm assuming their DLC won't be too expensive.

Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sunspots

@Tennmuerti: Cool, I just got 5/10 pieces of the Abyssal set. I'm chugging though the campaign at a pretty good clip considering I am trying to suffer my way through on Apocalyptic difficulty

zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By zungerman090

Can't find UK in the country list on their website. When I tried to use Vietnam (where I am at currently), they informed me that I won't be getting Argul's Tomb DLC. Any ideas about this?

KingofClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KingofClassy

I am in the UK and noticed the deal they have (Game+Season Pass+Argul’s Tomb DLC, Maker’s Armour and Scythe set, and Metro 2033) but I don't have the Armour and Scythe, or Metro 2033 in my invoice: has anyone else? I asked support but they gave canned answers. not even near what I asked.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I just want to find the Collector's Edition for PC somewhere in the UK :( The only one I can find is the XBox 360 version and LOL to that.

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By StingerMK2

if they had the Xbox version available like this in the UK, i would go for it, great idea from THQ, ill just have to pick it up by more traditional means

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By darklight

I don't think it's worth it if you live in North america but outside of the united state. On one hand you have a delay of 10 day + 3 weeks (for outside USA) if you take the international post, on the other hand if you take the UPS express delivery it will take less time but will cost 30$ or more to get the order.

I guess as long as you don't mind waiting then it's a good deal but if you want to play it one or two weeks after release maximum, then the express is not worth it since it will cost as much/more than buying it locally and each expansion individually afterward. Or I'm missing something that make it worth it?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#48  Edited By alistercat

@Darklight: Digitally, for PC, it is an amazing deal. That's what PC users are most excited about.

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By darklight

@AlisterCat: You're right about that, was only thinking about Ps3 when I wrote this comment and forgot about digital download for PC. Maybe I should go with the PC version if I can run it.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mellotronrules

for those wondering about steam integration, if you go to the thq store page for the digital download and check the 'system requirements,' you'll find it says 'online steam account' at the bottom. so there's your answer.

http://shop.thq.com/store/thqworld/en_US/pd/Darksiders%C2%AE_II/productID.241232700/categoryId.57907600

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.