Question about pre-order bonuses releasing as future DLC.

#1 Posted by Spiritgod (210 posts) -

I was never fully interested in Darksiders 2, so forgive me for being late to the party. After watching and reading to my hearts content, I now have the urge to play this game. Sadly, I can't afford a $60 at the moment and will have to wait for a price drop, or until my financial situations becomes more solid than it is now. In the meantime, does anyone know the track record of THQ pre order content being released as future DLC? I actually really liked the Angel of Death bonus from Bestbuy, and am hoping to purchase (if not too expensive) when I finally am able to purchase this game.

#2 Posted by Silver-Streak (1377 posts) -

As far as I'm aware, the Harvester Weapon for Darksiders 1 was never made available for resale, however it was just a code you could use in the game (Same code for all). I don't know of THQ's preorder bonuses for SR3, so I can't speak to that effect.

#3 Posted by Spiritgod (210 posts) -

I guess it doesn't matter. I can't get the game now, and I've missed the opportunity for the gear I want. I suppose I have nothing to do but to just wait and hope it releases as future DLC. If it doesn't no big deal, but one can hope.

#4 Posted by Tennmuerti (8172 posts) -

@Spiritgod: Don't worry the pre order gear is low lvl and can be quickly replaced with better stuff. It's just a neat bonus for the first few of hours of the game (past the tutorial).

#5 Posted by Spiritgod (210 posts) -

@Tennmuerti: Thanks! Now that you mention it, it probably won't be worth whatever they'll sell it for, if they sell it that is, especially if I only keep it equipped for the first few levels of play. I guess I just heard Jeff talk about health regen and automatically wanted it. I'm sure there are others in the game much higher level, or if I'm lucky will be able to enchant armor with the ability, though I haven't a clue what all you can do in Darksiders 2.

#6 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Seems like a no-brainer for THQ to offer that stuff as microtransactions down the line. I mean they need to scrape together all the income they can, and it can't cost anything substantial in maintenance to have it put in the Steam store. Hell, the actual data's probably already inside the main game.

#7 Edited by eloj (501 posts) -

Is it only items over there?

"Nordic Limited Edition content:

Consumers that pre-order the Nordic Limited Edition receive ARGUL’S TOMB PACK and DEATH RIDES PACK completely free of extra charge.

ARGUL’S TOMB PACK - A whole new dungeon to explore, further extending the Darksiders II experience.

DEATH RIDES PACK - Featuring multiple exclusive side-quests, this pack allows the most fearless adventurers to explore more of the Maker’s Realm and Dead Plains and earn additional experience and loot. Aid an ancient Construct, battle The Bloodless and retrieve Karn’s lost treasure in this unique game play content."

(edit: I guess Argul is buy-new bonus? Whatever. I'll hold out)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.