Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

The last two worlds

najibu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By najibu

Anyone else felt like the last two worlds felt kind of a half assed attempt to make the game longer? Don't get me wrong, i appreciate a long single player game, but the last two worlds certainly didn't match the quality of the first two .

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Nope.

If anything the first two worlds dragged on a bit too much. If they wanted to drag out the game, they already did that x10 during the initial two worlds.

3rd world had my 2 favourite moments, going to earth with it's gorgeous soundtrack and rain and then killing the dick who gave Death the run around; 4th world has probably the single most thematically interesting/fun npc/boss encounter in the game, if you played the first game anyway. The last 2 worlds actually feel truncated like they did not have enough dev time to make them bigger, especially the last one.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Klei

I agree with TC. The third and fourth worlds are indeed half-assed. I liked their art direction, but they're so short and generaly uninteresting. Darksiders 2 is a good game, but it suffers from boring level design throughout. I can't think of playing this game twice without seing it as a chore.

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xMrSunshine

World 4 felt pretty quick for sure. I actually said "That's it? Surely there's more right?" out loud when Samael just dropped the key after the annoying boss fight. World 3 was kinda short but at least earth and the puzzles were pretty interesting.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

They were great but too quick compared to the first two, which overstayed their welcome.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By musubi
    @TaliciaDragonsong
    They were great but too quick compared to the first two, which overstayed their welcome.
    This. Especially the realm of the dead. Fuuuuuck that place. God damn. In comparison the final dungeons were a treat. And the mechanic they introduce in the final one was pretty cool. Not wholly original but...cool none the less.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

This, absolutely.

najibu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By najibu

Yes. I think the first world was fine imo but the second one really got to me as well. I'd just literally go from quest point to quest point hoping to the next world. Carried that same mentality in the third and fourth world and before I knew it the game was over. If there's one thing this game shows, theres a real delicate balance between being too lomg and too short

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By EthanielRain

I thought they were great. They mixed things up with different gameplay mechanics, like the first DS did with the gun & griffin sections, and I thought the dungeons were solid. I definitely didn't expect Samael to just have at it without making me get 3 things...was a pleasant surprise at that point in the game :)

Then again, as has been mentioned - it may have just been fatigue from the 2nd world. The game really stumbled there for me.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

In terms of aesthetics and dungeon design, I thought the last two areas were way better than anything else in the game. Unfortunately, those areas are couched between an overly protracted second act and a sudden and unsatisfying conclusion.

darkwolfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By darkwolfg

i felt that the last 2 worlds were too quick compared to the first ones , i feel that if they took off some of the girth of the first 2 and put it in the last worlds the game in its entirety would have been much better , oo and possibly redo that who getting to the end boss cuz that felt like they just threw it in there out of the blue . i mean i know you were going to fight the end boss but at least make something to get to him or anything .

oo and ps i hated earth >.> i mean the world itself was pretty nice and the theme was right but i was too busy getting interrupted by the weak monsters to be able to enjoy it not to mention that inception noise to announce yet another wave is coming after the first 30

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By mosdl

@darkwolfg said:

oo and ps i hated earth >.> i mean the world itself was pretty nice and the theme was right but i was too busy getting interrupted by the weak monsters to be able to enjoy it not to mention that inception noise to announce yet another wave is coming after the first 30

I didn't like the shooting part in the first game and the 2nd one didn't improve on it much.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Cincaid

Earth was definitely the worst part of the game, mostly because of the endless waves of meaningless mobs you just mow down with your shooter. Other than that I agree with most others; that world 3 and 4 were way too short compared to world 1 and 2. Not a single optional dungeon or any exploration at all, just main dungeons that went by in a flash. Granted, the dungeons were great (well, except Earth, and the demon dungeon was way too small), but it was just so linear when compared to the earlier worlds.

I just need to finish the maze in world 2 and a playthrough on apocalyptic, and then I'm done until DLC is released. Hopefully it will be meaty dungeons, but somehow I doubt that. :(

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zaccheus

I didn't much like the game, it was super boring to me, but the absolute worst was Earth...

"You know what would be fun?"

"What?"

"Giving the player a super awesome killermahinegunkillergun."

"Yeah that would be a cool empowering 5 minute segment."

"No, no, no... We are going to make a whole dungeon around the said gun and throw endless amount of harmless gun fodder enemies at the player and make them so bored that they start to imagine what kind of a maniac would think this is a good idea and how in the hell he got everyone to agree with him."

"That sound like a terrible idea."

"Shut the fuck up, I'm your boss."

darkwolfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By darkwolfg

@Zaccheus said:

I didn't much like the game, it was super boring to me, but the absolute worst was Earth...

"You know what would be fun?"

"What?"

"Giving the player a super awesome killermahinegunkillergun."

"Yeah that would be a cool empowering 5 minute segment."

"No, no, no... We are going to make a whole dungeon around the said gun and throw endless amount of harmless gun fodder enemies at the player and make them so bored that they start to imagine what kind of a maniac would think this is a good idea and how in the hell he got everyone to agree with him."

"That sound like a terrible idea."

"Shut the fuck up, I'm your boss."

well in its slight defense , you didnt have to use the gun , the only enemy you actually needed to were the big monsters and they died pretty fast , plus you didnt need to lug the gun everywhere cuz you could find one anywhere if you wanted to use it or needed it. now im not saying it was good in anyway ( since my post before said i hated it and i ment it ) but it was playable and it was thankfully a pretty short straight through dungeon

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.