Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Warning for PC users

• 58 results
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By Dagbiker

Sounds like you need a Mineral Cooled Computer? What, The mineral oil gets super hot and wont dissipate heat as fast as the air will? Non sense.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By mosdl

Looks like vsync is indeed messed up, forcing it from the Nvidia panel keeps it at 60fps

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By Humanity

@Doctorchimp said:

@Humanity said:

@Dourin: There are 7 revisions up until now and some of those were changes like bigger heatsinks or smaller parts which would limit it to roughly 4 major configurations to test on. Having to Q & A 4 different models is infinitely easier and less time consuming than a seemingly endless amount of configurations that any given PC user can come up with. Console gaming is a much more closed circuit thats beneficial to everyone.

Then how does Skyrim on PS3 or that Silent Hill collection thing happen?

The Silent Hill thing is just greed and laziness on Konamis part. I still don't know why things aren't getting coded properly for the PS3 but Bethesda doesn't have the best track record of releasing non-buggy games so thats double trouble.

@Dourin: I will defend the idea behind it sure. If you want to look at the world as black and white then you are definitely welcome to do so.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@llamaegg said:

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

I have an AMD card. How do I enable VSync? I'm staring at my Catalyst Control Center and can't find the option @_@

Under Gaming>3D Application Settings.

Also, maybe it's because I have a gazillion of fans in my case, I haven't had this issue.

So it's Vertical Refresh and set the thing to Always On, right? Sorry, I'm still kind of new to this whole thing.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By llamaegg

@llamaegg said:

I have an AMD card. How do I enable VSync? I'm staring at my Catalyst Control Center and can't find the option @_@

Under Gaming>3D Application Settings.

Also, maybe it's because I have a gazillion of fans in my case, I haven't had this issue.

So it's Vertical Refresh and set the thing to Always On, right? Sorry, I'm still kind of new to this whole thing.

Absolutely good sir.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Sooty

@Cataphract1014 said:

@kidman said:

If your videocard overheats it means it's faulty, nothing to do with the game - simple as that.

Every other game it stays around 60c.

Darksiders 2 without forced Vsync: 90c

Darksiders 2 with forced Vsync: 64c

Clearly my card is faulty and there is nothing else going on that could cause it.

It's literally impossible for my GPU to go above around 75c, so I doubt the game is the problem, it's merely putting more load on than norm I suppose which could happen with any intensive title. Check GPU load graphs, it's probably just putting more on than without vsync.

Battlefield 3 heats mine up the most.

Edit: also, 90c is not overheating, IIRC all graphics cards operate until at least 105c with Nvidia usually around 120. (or so they used to)

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Cataphract1014

@Sooty: I know that 90c isn't over heating but it is the highest I've seen my card reach. Nvidias have a built in shutdown at 120c I think, but older cards may not have that.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#58  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I did notice that vsync wasn't seemingly to work well natively from the game, didn't think much of it and just forced it through the control panel and it runs really really well, silky smooth :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.