What platform should I get Darksiders II for?

#1 Posted by ill_communication (12 posts) -

I'm thinking PC right? Probably better looking, faster load times, and I assume it will support the 360 controller.

#2 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

do you have a pc that will run it?

#3 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

There are some perks tied to the first game, so if you played the original on one console you might want to stick to that. Unless, you don't care about the upgraded weapon you get.

#4 Posted by laserbolts (5324 posts) -

I'll be picking it up for 360 because it's my favorite controller. I think it's going to be amazing whatever you play it on. If I had a good pc I would get it on that since I'm sure it will have 360 controller support and for the reasons you already pointed out.

#5 Posted by VoshiNova (1694 posts) -

you should ignore the weird goth kid in the corner of the classroom. His Spawn lunch pale is full of skull merchandise and Metallica albums.

pc

#6 Posted by deox (218 posts) -

If your PC will run it, that's the obvious choice.

#7 Posted by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

I am picking it up on the XBOX 360. But if your PC can run it then get it . for the pc.

#8 Posted by ill_communication (12 posts) -

PC it is, thanks guys.

#9 Posted by mosdl (3229 posts) -

@ill_communication: The original supported the 360 controller (and honestly it controlled better using it)

#10 Posted by Raven10 (1809 posts) -

If people recall the first one had major tearing issues on the 360. I ended up playing the PS3 version because everyone said the tearing was pretty awful and graphical glitches like that really bug me. I would hope they fixed their engine by now, and it seems probable since Space Marine ran on the same engine and didn't have the issue. So, yea, I'd wait for some tech analysis before choosing a version. Though I guess if you are getting it day one, the PC version probably is best assuming you have a PC that can just power over any flaws. For me, I always wait for the Digital Foundry Face Off before deciding on a version. They go into extreme detail on tech specs, often going down to measuring controller response times on games where that is important, so I never get a game before that verdict comes out. You can find their articles on Eurogamer.

#11 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -
@Raven10 said:

If people recall the first one had major tearing issues on the 360. I ended up playing the PS3 version because everyone said the tearing was pretty awful and graphical glitches like that really bug me. I would hope they fixed their engine by now, and it seems probable since Space Marine ran on the same engine and didn't have the issue. So, yea, I'd wait for some tech analysis before choosing a version. Though I guess if you are getting it day one, the PC version probably is best assuming you have a PC that can just power over any flaws. For me, I always wait for the Digital Foundry Face Off before deciding on a version. They go into extreme detail on tech specs, often going down to measuring controller response times on games where that is important, so I never get a game before that verdict comes out. You can find their articles on Eurogamer.

The tearing was patched a few weeks after launch.
#12 Posted by Demoskinos (14885 posts) -

Played the first on 360 will play this one on 360 as well.

#13 Posted by CaLe (3996 posts) -

I'm playing through the first one on PC now and it does look good, but nowhere near as good as the screenshots for 2 look. They've really put a lot of work into the visuals for 2 so if you've got a PC that can play it at a high resolution then it's a no brainer.

Recommended:
    • Processor: Any Quad-core AMD or Intel Processor
    • Memory: 2GB
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 512MB Video Card or AMD equivalent

Pretty modest really.

#14 Posted by warpedzappa (73 posts) -

PC if you can run it. The first one looked great and had Xbox 360 controller support.

#15 Posted by AlisterCat (5593 posts) -

If you get it on PC get it from the THQ store. Still a steamworks game and you get the DLC season pass.

#16 Posted by Raven10 (1809 posts) -

@ajamafalous: Well that's good to hear. No help to those that played and beat it the week it launched, but still good that it was fixed eventually.

#17 Posted by coaxmetal (1623 posts) -

The Personal Computer of course.

#18 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

@zombie2011 said:

There are some perks tied to the first game, so if you played the original on one console you might want to stick to that.

Are they worth skipping out on the PC version for?

#19 Posted by Mr402 (144 posts) -

I'm playing on PC right now and it's great.

#20 Edited by Marz (5655 posts) -

from the reviews it seems consoles have a bit more problems at the moment, i'd play the PC. you don't need a beastly PC but you should at least have something that is from the past couple of years to run it.

#21 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@zombie2011 said:

There are some perks tied to the first game, so if you played the original on one console you might want to stick to that.

Are they worth skipping out on the PC version for?

From Jeff's review i would say so.

Here's a link to what you get.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.