75% off Darksiders Steam Sale

#1 Posted by JCTango (1364 posts) -

Pretty sweet deal on a pretty awesome game =). 75% off atm.. 5 bucks! Can't go wrong with that.

#2 Posted by ManiacMaysin (375 posts) -

That's a great deal! I already own it though.

#3 Edited by Stete (748 posts) -

Cool, always wanted to check that out. How does it play with a keyboard and mouse?

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Get it, its great.

#5 Posted by project343 (2833 posts) -

Bumping for great justice. An excellent Zelda-style title that changes things up with the Zelda formula more than the past decade of titles.

If you haven't played this game, you're looking at 15-25 hours of heart-container-searching (equivalent), boss-key-collecting, mini-boss-killing goodness. Well worth $5.

#6 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Alright, I've been wanting to play this.

#7 Posted by onimonkii (2449 posts) -

this game is always on sale when i'm broke what the hell

#8 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

First all the Star Wars games and now this? Wallet wasn't ready.

#9 Posted by Bribo (605 posts) -

Darksiders is the finest assembly of ideas stolen from other games since the mighty Uncharted series. I heartily recommend it.

#10 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Okay, I wanted this on 360, but I can't pass up the PC version for 5 bucks.

#11 Posted by project343 (2833 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Okay, I wanted this on 360, but I can't pass up the PC version for 5 bucks.

Well, the game has full 360 USB controller support. So you're doing pretty fine. And as long as your PC isn't ancient, I don't think the performance will take much of a hit.

#12 Posted by JCTango (1364 posts) -

@Stete said:

Cool, always wanted to check that out. How does it play with a keyboard and mouse?

I played it with keyboard and mouse and had no issues whatsoever =).

I have a 360 gamepad now, but I think I'd still use the k+m.

#13 Posted by amir90 (2165 posts) -

Already got it from buying Warhammer 40k space marine.

#14 Posted by kagato (944 posts) -

Im on the last boss of the 360 version but its soo tempting to pick this up on PC....id probably play through it again in a year or so, finding it hard to resist lol.

#15 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@project343 said:

@CL60 said:

Okay, I wanted this on 360, but I can't pass up the PC version for 5 bucks.

Well, the game has full 360 USB controller support. So you're doing pretty fine. And as long as your PC isn't ancient, I don't think the performance will take much of a hit.

It's just that I'm an achievement whore on 360 :P

#16 Posted by RobotHamster (4175 posts) -

Definitely worth it for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

#17 Posted by project343 (2833 posts) -

@CL60 said:

It's just that I'm an achievement whore on 360 :P

It has Steam achievements. :)

#18 Posted by RedLycra (46 posts) -

The 10 hours or so I played of it on 360 was alright. Might be good for 5 bucks.

#19 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@project343 said:

@CL60 said:

It's just that I'm an achievement whore on 360 :P

It has Steam achievements. :)

It's not the same! :'(

#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

thanks, bought it.

#21 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -

Awesome, think I'll buy it.

#22 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

Just bought it. does it have ps3 controller support? I don't have a 360 controller. Still worth it even on a keyboard and mouse, I guess.

#23 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@MikeHawk said:

Just bought it. does it have ps3 controller support? I don't have a 360 controller. Still worth it even on a keyboard and mouse, I guess.

Every game that supports a 360 controller supports a PS3 controller if you use motioninjoy with the 360 controller emulator.

#24 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

@CL60: well I have motioninjoy installed, so that works. thanks!

#25 Posted by Nintendude (283 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@project343 said:

@CL60 said:

It's just that I'm an achievement whore on 360 :P

It has Steam achievements. :)

It's not the same! :'(

True but Giant Bomb combines everything quite nicely. Thank's to this I'm fine with either copy.

*ding* Steam games: +1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.