Anyone Else Had This Game Freeze On Them?

#1 Edited by Undeadpool (4996 posts) -

I installed it to the hard drive of my 360, but it still freezes before going into the game, or otherwise stalls on the loading screen...anyone else have this happen? 
Edit: Huge shock: deleting it off the hard drive does NOTHING. Still freezes randomly.

#2 Posted by Zombieheadbutt (255 posts) -

I had the game freeze on me twice on a 27 hour run through the game.  I think of one of the Giantbomb crew mentioned on the Bombcast that the game froze on them also.  So yeah, the game locks up.

#3 Posted by Undeadpool (4996 posts) -
@Zombieheadbutt:  
This is no mere lock-up, though. I literally can't get more than 5 minutes into the game without it freezing at different points (usually on a load screen)
#4 Posted by echri (38 posts) -

Maybe your 360 is about to die? I can't remember a single freeze and I didn't install it to the hard drive. Been a few months since I played it though.

#5 Posted by Eaxis (958 posts) -

For me this game freezes a lot. Would boiling the disc help?
#6 Posted by SunKing (686 posts) -

It freezed once when the screen faded to black as I died.

#7 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -

On my 23 hour playthrough it only froze once. It was during the fight with The Destroyer in his dragonform. 
For some reason, once I activated my horse my PS3 just locks up and I need to physically turn it off.

Game was still awesome though.

#8 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

No. Then again, I only played about 5 hours of Darksiders.

#9 Posted by Kazona (3095 posts) -

Speaking of, has anyone played this on the PC, and is it any good?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.