Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Apocalyptic vs. Normal

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ProfessorEss

Anyone playing on apocalyptic?

I'm finding the bat somewhat tough, not too tough but I'm starting to grow concerned that the difficulty is gonna spiral up and out of control.

Can't decide if I should start over on normal and just enjoy the ride, or continue on hard and risk it getting out of my "enjoyment zone".

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By MildMolasses

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm still really early on, but already a boss is giving me some trouble. I have no doubts that I'll be able to take him down by being more cautious, but I fear a point where I simply won't be able to proceed. It's cases like this that make me appreciate games that let you switch difficulties on the fly. I'd hate to get 10 hours in and then not be able to move forward, because that is just going to make me stop all together
    msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By msdss

The bat is by far the hardest enemy in the game imo.... 
    Well ok thats not true... but he's a real whore... Once you level up the Harpoon ability, things get much easier. (I use it, instead of dodge, you move further, and faster.)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

I'm playing through on Apocalyptic, and I am currently looking for the seven shards of the Armageddon Blade.  Tiamat was definitely beast, but there's patterns to it all.  Once you know the patterns, it gets easier and easier.  Is it difficult?  Yeah, you're going to die more than usual, and things take some pretty nasty damage and keep kicking ass.  However, it's not anywhere near impossible, and completing a boss fight over even a small battle against five or six common enemies feels totally satisfying.  Get used to having little to no life, though.  Some of those common enemies, without Armorskin active, can hit for two lifestones worth of health!!! 

Personally, on Apocalyptic, I think the toughest boss was Tiamat, though.  Silitha can be a bitch if you don't have your timing down well for the dodges from her claws and the abdomen slam, but other than that, definitely Tiamat.  Straga wasn't a walk in the park either, but it took me less than a hour to beat him. 

**I should point out that my Apocalyptic playthrough is my first playthrough as well, so if that helps any.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By MildMolasses

I think I'm about ready to bail on this difficulty. I was reading info on some of the early bosses, and they pop up as regular enemies later on. Granted I will be stronger by then, but I don't have a lot of faith in myself. MW2 was the first game since MK II that I played on the highest level, and that almost drove me to a complete meltdown. Too much stress, not enough fun
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By mordecaix7
    I think i'll enjoy my time through on regular difficulty and then go back after having familiarized myself with the game to try out apocalyptic. 
    yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By yevinorion

I decided to treat this like I did Batman, play on Normal to get the hang of the combat/timing (even if the actual difficulty doesn't necessarily require that depth of play), and then come back through on Apocalyptic when I have a better idea of how to handle myself. Hopefully I'll be able to get the Abyssal Armor as well to help on my second playthrough. I just am not interested in having frustrations on my first run through. I wanna go through, enjoy the story and then challenge myself when I'm a bit better prepared for what I'm going to be facing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.