Darksiders

Posted by Traegan (111 posts) -

I just finished Darksiders and I must say, the game is awesome.  I knew it was a Zelda homage going into it.  When comparing to Zelda, for my taste, I approve of easier puzzles and more sword play/weapons.  Was extremely impressed with the story.  I would definitely pick up a Darksiders 2 if it were to come, especially if it has co-op.  Nice job Vigil.

#1 Posted by Traegan (111 posts) -

I just finished Darksiders and I must say, the game is awesome.  I knew it was a Zelda homage going into it.  When comparing to Zelda, for my taste, I approve of easier puzzles and more sword play/weapons.  Was extremely impressed with the story.  I would definitely pick up a Darksiders 2 if it were to come, especially if it has co-op.  Nice job Vigil.

#2 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Yup, it's a great game. A sequel has been announced, scheduled for a 2012 release.

#3 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

Darksiders was one of those pleasant surprises of last year for me.  I, too, was impressed at how good the story was, and I enjoyed the gameplay despite its quirks.

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

I was psyched for it from the moment they announced it and the game didn't disappoint. I'm certainly buying the sequel day one.

#5 Posted by thaijedi (139 posts) -

Bought it for 10 bucks off steam the other week and would gladly have paid double for it

#6 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I still need to play that, I've had it for ages
#7 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Loved every minute until the final boss fight. I kept dying and traded in the game. Still, I thought it was awesome.

#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@cstrang said:
" Darksiders was one of those pleasant surprises of last year for me.  I, too, was impressed at how good the story was, and I enjoyed the gameplay despite its quirks. "
Same here. I'm just hoping for co-op in the next game.
#9 Posted by Traegan (111 posts) -

The ending just screams co-op to me :)

If anyone out there is considering getting this game, I would recommend in a heartbeat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.