Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Eurogamer gives Darksiders a 8/10

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/darksiders-review

8 out of 10 in Eurogamer is like 15/10 in other sites :P but seriously, its a good read, basically saying the game is more zelda than gow, which is all I needed to know... Ive been excited about this game for awhile now, and I cant wait to get it

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheFreeMan

Good review. I've got very hyped for this game in the last few days and I'm glad to hear the Zelda elements of it get praise. Even if the combat was great, if the dungeons weren't up to par it would have really detracted from the game but it's good to hear that's not the case.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz

Yeah I was cautiously optimistic about this game, since I loved the premise but wasn't sold on the gameplay. Recent reviews have me thinking I should re-examine it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Glad to see even the combat is surprisingly deep and fun to perform, I was imagining the puzzles and exploration were all to hold the game up on its own.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

The game looks solid.  To bad it comes out the same week that Bayonetta comes out, which has my interest.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Seppli

The Eurogamer Review reads more like a 9+/10 to me. Especially since his main gripe, that you can buttonmash your way through the game without ever mastering the deep combatsystem, isn't true for the 'Apocalyptic' difficulty, which is available from the get-go.

Quite a few other reviews have said the same thing, but they've suggested to go with 'Apocalyptic' difficulty to really have an incentive to go all the way with the combat mechanics... resulting in a gaming experience warranting  a 9+/10.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.