Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Geez, where are the reviews for this game?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

I really wanna know if its good or not, and the only reviews out now are PLAY and Eurogamer (as far as I know) where are all the other reviews? Game looks interesting and on top of it all Mark Hamills in it with a Jokery kinda voice for the Watcher. How can you go wrong?
    Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Oriental_Jams

IGN gave it an 8.8 or 8.9 from what I can remember.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
    @Oriental_Jams:

wait, when did IGN do a review? I didnt see it on there site.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @Oriental_Jams: wait, when did IGN do a review? I didnt see it on there site. "
    Only the UK and AU branches though and I've never felt that those represented the 'actual' IGN corporation (not that that's necessarily a bad thing...)
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By cstrang
    @Oriental_Jams said:
    " IGN gave it an 8.8 or 8.9 from what I can remember. "
    IGN UK gave it a 8.9, IGN AU gave it a 9.0.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ravensword
    @Vitor:

Not sure why people hate on IGN. Theyre usually on the ball most of the time. Better than Gamespot atleast.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheFreeMan

I imagine that reviews will be rolling in from the bigger sites in a few days, starting tomorrow. The wikipedia page for the game has a bunch of reviews listed for it, though.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Seppli

I expected all major outlets to post their review articles and videos today. Nothing yet.

Well, I'm going to bed soon and tomorrow I'll pick up my copy from the mailbox.

I guess they're all too lazy and hung over after the holidays to work efficiently.

Reviews should really be out before a game hits the shelves. Especially such an under-hyped secret superhit like Darksiders.

If my online retailer wouldn't sell it at 20% off fullprice and advertise it with a 92% rating from the German GamePro magazine, I wouldn't even know that Darksiders is a Zelda-style Action Adventure game.

What a shame! Game looks effin' fantanstic.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

Eh but I never agree with the UK or AU reviews, I'll wait till other reviews come a floodin' in.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Rhaknar

I made a topic with the IGN uk and australia reviews, 8.9 and 9.0 from those. and Eurogamer gave it a 8

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cstrang
    @Seppli: You know, review embargoes do exist.  It's not necessarily the reviewers being "lazy".
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Steve_C
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Seppli
    @cstrang said:

" @Seppli: You know, review embargoes do exist.  It's not necessarily the reviewers being "lazy". "

There's quite a few reviews out there. Only the big United States online outlets don't have anything yet. Kinda wierd.

If there is an embargo still in effect for the US media, that would be very wierd.

The critical reception is great thus far. Usually you only keep up an embargo, if you have to hide something.

Even the prickish hardasses at Eurogamer gave it a nod with a 8/10 score and review article reading like a 9+/10 full of positive adjectives.

19 reviews ranging from 8/10 to 10/10 with an average of 8.8. I believe the average will go even further up. 

It's classic action adventure at it's best, something we haven't seen for years now - outside of Shadow Complex and Metroid Trilogy.  Where's the freaking hype!?!
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cstrang
    @Seppli said:
    " @cstrang said:
    " @Seppli: You know, review embargoes do exist.  It's not necessarily the reviewers being "lazy". "
    Only the big United States online outlets don't have anything yet.
    Guess who the embargoes are usually against.  It's something that is neither weird, nor unusual.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seppli
    @cstrang said:

" @Seppli said:

" @cstrang said:
    Only the big United States online outlets don't have anything yet.
    Guess who the embargoes are usually against.  It's something that is neither weird, nor unusual. "
    Care to elaborate? Why would you keep the American Hype Machine, that is the gaming media, under embargo... 

...when your product receives critical praise from everybody? Some even call it a nearly perfect 'Mature Dark Fantasy Zelda' Action Adventure - a game I have wished for since my earliest childhood.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By EpicSteve
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @Oriental_Jams: wait, when did IGN do a review? I didnt see it on there site. "
    It's an AU review.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Raven_Sword:  I think this was the game the guys mentioned on the live "I love Mondays" earlier today right? If so, someone will be reviewing it soon. I forgot who they decided on.
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cstrang
    @JJWeatherman: They said they need to go out and buy the game tomorrow, first.  So I wouldn't expect a full review from them until sometime next week.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rhaknar
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Raven_Sword:  I think this was the game the guys mentioned on the live "I love Mondays" earlier today right? If so, someone will be reviewing it soon. I forgot who they decided on. "
    Jeff is reviewing it
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By CenturionCajun

Yeah, the way they were talking in today's I Love Mondays they hadn't gotten copies of either Bayonetta or Darksiders. We already know from several major review outlets that Bayonetta is amazing so this might just be a case of the publishers not having much faith in their product or Giant Bomb just doesn't rate with them. Who knows.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ravensword
    @CenturionCajun:

Does GB actually get games sent to them from Publishers, or do they have to wait and buy the game in stores and than review it? or does it all depend? I know they got Batman sent to them.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @CenturionCajun: Does GB actually get games sent to them from Publishers, or do they have to wait and buy the game in stores and than review it? or does it all depend? I know they got Batman sent to them. "
    depends aparently
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ravensword
    @Rhaknar:

that kinda bugs me because I usually use this site in conjunction with others to make a Purchasing decision, and if they have to go and buy the game when it comes out that means we have to wait like a week later. I really wish Devs would take this site seriously.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CenturionCajun

It depends entirely on the game in question. Often times a copy will be sent early either in the form of a burnt disc or in some cases a retail copy. Other times the reviewer has to go out and buy the game themselves. Either because the publisher doesn't think it's very good or doesn't want to go through the effort. This doesn't just apply to Giant Bomb as Gamespot and IGN talk about having to do this as well.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cstrang
    @CenturionCajun said:

" It depends entirely on the game in question. Often times a copy will be sent early either in the form of a burnt disc or in some cases a retail copy. Other times the reviewer has to go out and buy the game themselves. Either because the publisher doesn't think it's very good or doesn't want to go through the effort. This doesn't just apply to Giant Bomb as Gamespot and IGN talk about having to do this as well. "

That's exactly what Activison did with RIDE; they didn't send out any review copies and forced reviewers to purchase the game themselves.
    Prok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Prok

My mate reviewed it over at Australian site www.gamearena.com.au and gave it 10/10 :)

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Whisperkill
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @Vitor: Not sure why people hate on IGN. Theyre usually on the ball most of the time. Better than Gamespot atleast. "
    The staff at IGN are cool guys but they do way too many lists and top 'x games of x' features. Probably not their choice since those things generate a lot of clicks.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CenturionCajun

Indeed. IGN and Gamespot are owned by large corporations and they are all about the advertising and "clicks". In much the same way that television is all about viewers so they can charge more for ad time. So, they will write up all kinds of "Best of", "Top 10" and other opinion pieces. They also have huge staffs that rely on that advertising income to continue operation. Giant Bomb is in some ways fortunate in that they have so few employees that they can apparently survive on the limited amount of advertising they allow.

Tony Hawk: Ride is a great example of the not sending out review copies. Activision wanted reviewers to come to a regulated "review event" to play the game and write up a day one review under their watchful eye. Naturally, Gamespot, IGN, Giant Bomb, and many others declined.

jvsexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jvsexy

People !!! since most gaming sites have given this game atleast an 8 and above.....dont bother reading the reviews now !!!
     IMO it will just spoil the fun when reading reviews and its clear now that its quite an awesome game.

GO PLAY DARKSIDERS !!!

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CenturionCajun

Most? Giant Bomb, Gamespot, and IGN have yet to weigh in. I don't buy anything until I hear several reviews from major sources.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By JJOR64
    HERE is the Metacritic page.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ryanwho

Well,  Da Gameboyz ,  WonderwallWeb and   Console Monster seemed to love it. 
    Seriously, is that some kind of joke? Are we just looking the other way when a random dude who likes games makes a blog and gets equal footing with Giantbomb if they give us a number we like? 

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CenturionCajun

Metacritic has always vexed me as to how they determine criteria for who gets to have their scores put into the equation. At the very least they should have a "Cream of the Crop" style section where it's just the major reviewers (Game Informer, Gamespot, IGN, Giant Bomb, and a few others) compiled scores.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By demontium
    @Oriental_Jams: They did not review it.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ryanwho
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " Metacritic has always vexed me as to how they determine criteria for who gets to have their scores put into the equation. At the very least they should have a "Cream of the Crop" style section where it's just the major reviewers (Game Informer, Gamespot, IGN, Giant Bomb, and a few others) compiled scores. "
    I wasn't even looking to bait anyone. That's literally the largest cluster of retardedly named sites I've never heard of on a single game I've seen yet. Is it really worth bragging that "Da Gameboyz" floated your average above 8.9? If I were more cynical I'd think some of these sites were made by the publisher just to bolster the rating. Either way, the consumer's getting played.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iamjohn

Metacritic is dogshit, what else is new?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ryanwho

I can't get over Da Gameboyz. It haunts me.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By ttocs
    @iAmJohn said:
    " Metacritic is dogshit, what else is new? "
    Besides GameRankings, is there any other site that works in the same manner?  I use metacritic because it's convenient.  I put my own filter on it.  I always look for the big boys first before seeing what everyone else has to say...and on that level, I think the site succeeds. 
    sprocketbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sprocketbot

IGN gave it a 78 which seemed reasonable, but the metacritic score for this game is an 86. That's pretty high. I hadn't really heard much about this game until very recently but I'm super intrigued and now seeing all this positive feedback, I really want to pick it up. 

Would you guys recommend grabbing this one? I'm kind of waiting on Jeff's review to push me over the edge to purchase it. This game's concept just sounds so damn cool.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By Rowr
    @JJOR64 said:
    " HERE is the Metacritic page. "

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By Snail
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lard

Go to www.gamerankings.com - there are quite a few reviews for it, and they are all positive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.