Looking for a game to play when there are none?

#1 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -

With the last couple of months being filled with almost no notable releases console-side, I've been pretty bored lately.  I decided to check out Darksiders, which I never got a chance to play, it being released around the same time as both Mass Effect 2 and Bayonetta.  People should really give this game a shot, it's the most impressive under-the-radar game I've ever played, it starts strong and keeps piling on new mechanics all the time, so it never gets old.  You can find it for pretty cheap now used too, it's definitely worth your time

Anybody else got any suggestions for games to play during these summer drags?

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

I disliked Darksiders, actually.  Not my kind of game. 

And I've never understood why some games are better suited to be recommended during the Summer time instead of other times.  I'd say just play any good game.

#3 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I loved Darksiders. I played it when it came out and it is still one of my favorite games of this year.

#4 Posted by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

I really wanted to play and enjoy Darksiders, but the whole "It's like Zelda...but edgy!" vibe turned me off of it real quick. I don't need all of my games to be "dark" or "edgy". Especially if you're trying to do something like Zelda. 

I may still give it a shot sometime though when I can find it <$20.

#5 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

i didnt like it cause... just wasnt fun... personally i would recommend you dantes inferno. its great! if you have a choice get the ps3 version (has free dlc)

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21202 posts) -

Darksiders was fakin brilliant. And I'm very much lookin' forward to its inevitable sequel. As for games to play through the summer...Dead Rising seems like a winner for some unexplainable reason.

#7 Posted by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

Ha! I'm playing through Dead Rising right now.

#8 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: It's not really a "summer" thing and more of a "there's nothing good coming out and won't be for a while" thing, so it's a good opportunity to check out things on the backburner.
#9 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Darksiders is one of those games that desperately needs a sequel. 

I thought it was alright but it needs a cohesive style and polish to make it truly stand out

#10 Posted by nirokogaseru (149 posts) -

I'm playing Deus Ex.  Can't wait for Human Revolution.  I'm also going to give Front Mission Evolution a shot.  Front Missions other forays into the Real Time arena were pretty good.

#11 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Darksiders was great. I really enjoyed that game except for the stupid Portal segment. :P

#12 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Loved it.  Can't wait for the sequel.

#13 Posted by jkz (3998 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" Darksiders was great. I really enjoyed that game except for the stupid Portal segment. :P "
My feelings exactly. That game really needs a sequel where they pull together all the great mechanics, give it a more polished art-style, and improve on its weaknesses (namely the parts of the game that dragged).
#14 Posted by Nate (702 posts) -

Playing Darksiders as well - couldn't pass up 19.99 brand new at gamestop. I'm liking it so far - though Red Dead Redemption keeps calling me back. Multiplayer, ambient challenges - this game has some excellent replay value.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.