Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Question about screen tearing patch.

cb1115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cb1115

Has the 360 version of Darksiders been patched yet? Also, has there been any news of the PS3 version getting patched for screen tearing?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Haven't heard any word that a patch was in the process.  =  /  Personally, it didn't occur that often with me.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

I read on Eurogamer that the patch was being worked on to fix the issue as quick as possible, It hasn't been released yet... I had awful screen tearing  every single time I moved the camera.... It also froze up on me about 6 times in one playthrough. 

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@jakob187 said:
    " Haven't heard any word that a patch was in the process.  =  /  Personally, it didn't occur that often with me. "
    It didn't happen much to me either, I read on the site though a patch is in the works.
    cb1115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cb1115

Does anyone have the PS3 version? If so, did you experience a lot of screen tearing?

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eclipsesis
    @cb1115 said:
    " Has the 360 version of Darksiders been patched yet? Also, has there been any news of the PS3 version getting patched for screen tearing? "
    I heard its only the 360 version which suffers from the screen tearing and not the PS3, if i remember correctly the Darksiders review on Gametrailers did say that a fix was in the works  
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By mordecaix7

So far the only news about it has been that a patch is in the works but that's it.  No other info.  Game froze on me last night but luckily it did it a few minutes after a boss fight so I didn't have to refight the boss.  Still annoying though.  I've gotten used to the screen tearing actually.  Doesn't bug me anymore.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chummy8

Mine keeps freezing at the weirdest times. 

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By CenturionCajun

I haven't had any freezes but the screen tearing is pretty apparent. Hasn't ruined the experience for me but still annoying.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By DanielJW
    @cb1115 said:
    " Does anyone have the PS3 version? If so, did you experience a lot of screen tearing? "
    I have the PS3 version, I haven't seen any issues. Nor have I heard any word of issues with the PS3 version.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By shirogane

I have the ps3 version too, i havn't noticed anything with screen tearing, however, there is some amount of framerate dropping sometimes. 
    And  the game froze for me once.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By apathylad

Yes, I read that a patch was coming, but I'm not sure when it'll arrive.

Jettblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jettblackk
    Weird about the freeze ups, Ive got a Jasper 360, not a freeze up one..... But i can see the tearing, would be nice to see it fixed, but its really not that distracting....
    Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chummy8

At this point, the game is virtually unplayable for me.  I hope the patch is coming soon. 

Avatar image for burnin_squirrrl
    burnin_squirrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By burnin_squirrrl

I think i'm going to hold off on getting this until the patch comes out just to avoid the issue.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mordukai
    @cb1115:  
    The PS3 version doesn't suffer from the same issues as the 360 one. 

@TekZero said:
    " At this point, the game is virtually unplayable for me.  I hope the patch is coming soon.  "
    Is it that bad???
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mordukai said:
    Is it that bad??? "

If you're anal I suppose it could be. But I think it's pretty minor.
    Monoxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Monoxide
    @Mordukai: It's not as bad as some people make it out to be. I've started my 2nd playthrough w/out any sort of freezing.
    ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By ApolloJ85

From http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/01/18/feature-afterwords-darksiders.aspx     

In the 360 version we noticed a fair amount of screen tearing; why did this happen only on the 360, and will we see a fix to this in a patch?

This is just one of those things that managed to slip past the radar. It’s quite extraordinary when you think of all the effort that goes into testing a game: we have studio level testing, corporate level testing, first-party testing, etc. The reason it occurs on the 360 is because the 360 is not v-synched, so the frame-rate will often jump well above 30 (closer to 60 in many places), and it’s in those really high frame-rate areas that you start to notice the screen tearing. The PS3 version is v-synched to 30 fps, so the screen tearing is almost negligible. We are definitely putting out a patch to fix this (and it should hopefully be live by the time anyone reads this!) 

Sooo.. is it fixed yet?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By handlas
    @ApolloJ85 said:
    "

From http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/01/18/feature-afterwords-darksiders.aspx     

In the 360 version we noticed a fair amount of screen tearing; why did this happen only on the 360, and will we see a fix to this in a patch?

This is just one of those things that managed to slip past the radar. It’s quite extraordinary when you think of all the effort that goes into testing a game: we have studio level testing, corporate level testing, first-party testing, etc. The reason it occurs on the 360 is because the 360 is not v-synched, so the frame-rate will often jump well above 30 (closer to 60 in many places), and it’s in those really high frame-rate areas that you start to notice the screen tearing. The PS3 version is v-synched to 30 fps, so the screen tearing is almost negligible. We are definitely putting out a patch to fix this (and it should hopefully be live by the time anyone reads this!) 

Sooo.. is it fixed yet?

"
    Nope.  I've been playing today.  I never really understood what screen tearing was.  Now I do.  It hurts your eyes a little sometimes but personally it doesn't ruin the game for me.  Hope they get out the patch before I finish the game up tho.  Also still wondering what the hell the code is that came with the game.  I'm hoping it is that other design of War that I saw in a video....he looks pretty sweet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.