Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

[SPOILERS] -- The Ending...

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By msdss

In regards to the ending cinematic.... Did anyone else get an adrenaline rush and a nerd boner when.... 

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

He'll probably come back, if not him some simliar guy... 

And yes, the part where they show up is awesome, even if you don't actually see them, and it's only for like half a second. I played though the whole game waiting for that very moment, to have it be the very last thing that happens in the very last second was epicly awesome.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Seppli

All I thought was...

'Secret of Mana'...

and...

*YEEEEEESSSS!*

I smiled throughout the entire final bossfight and the cutscene. A BIG SMILE. Not that the fight was especially difficult or anything. But it was visually extremely epic. And the payoff in the final cutscene.... *dreams of Darksiders 2*

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shirogane
    @Seppli:
    Been a long time since i played that game, it was awesome. 
    However, i don't see how that's at all relevant, is there something i'm forgetting? I assuming so, it's been like 10+ years since i last played that freakin awesome game.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seppli
    @Shirogane said:

" @Seppli: Been a long time since i played that game, it was awesome. However, i don't see how that's at all relevant, is there something i'm forgetting? I assuming so, it's been like 10+ years since i last played that freakin awesome game. "

Secret of Mana is the best crossover RPG/action/adventure game I've ever played. You didn't control just one guy. You had a party of three. Each played somewhat differently, depending on how you leveled/played them. For me it was like this - Mainguy was the Meleeguy, Chick was Buffs and Healing, Little Mouse-Dude was the Black Magic Damage Dealer. You were able to switch on the fly or play it with local coop. Played like a Zelda-style action/adventure mixed and a realtime RPG (telling a great story) at the same time. It was way ahead of it's time. Almost something like a japanese Fallout 3 or Mass Effect. One of the very first Cross-Genre RPGs. The characters you didn't control were controlled by the AI. The RPG progression in Darksiders is very similar to 'Secret of Mana' - only less robust. Leveling up and upgrading weapons for the win.

I wait for Squaresoft to finally recreate the magic I felt playing 'Secret of Mana' and 'Final Fantasy III aka VI' - they failed me so far and I lost hope long ago. Especially their trademark glossy artstyle will never match my imagination of yesteryear - Squaregames were so much better, when I myself had to enhance the graphics with my imagination. Now it's all Ladyboys - unmistakeably ;D. Darksiders 2 could be the next best thing to a current generation 'Secret of Mana', if some some tweaks are made - in direction of optional co-op gameplay  - and the ending very much hints at that.

Party Action Adventure Hack 'n Slash RPG... and maybe season this all with some Monster Hunter style overworld and crafting system please?

Like the council stripping the Horsemen of all their power and their gear and they got kill demons to eat their hearts for power and turn their demon bodies into weapons and armor... that be so sweet...

offtopic... all japanese developers should take a hard look at Street Fighter 4. Now that's an artstyle recreating the feel of the glorious 16bit days.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shirogane
    @Seppli:
    I can see that happening. 
    Looking around, i've seen some things where the developers intended to have 4 player co-op in the game, but it got cut cause it was to much. 
    They probably intended to make the game much longer, but figured that would be best saved for another game, considering how it went, the other horsemen didn't show up at all, so no co-op until that part of the game? That doesn't sound right.
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Metroid545

just beat it on apoclypto (spelled right?) and yes that battle was epic but SO DAMN EASY, also i hate the armegeddon blade one of the things I really liked about the combat was theattachments to give you advantages but you can't equip any on the final blade :(

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Just to point out...Pestilence and Famine have been renamed to Strife and Fury. 

Given the way this game plays, I doubt that they would be doing co-op.  Puzzles are a key thing, so what do you do when you have no one to play with? 

I already thought of the co-op thing.  It would be cool, but I just don't know how they'd do it without taking away from the game. 

I'd also like to point out that I agree with Jeff's sentiments on the recent Bombcast wholeheartedly.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli
    @jakob187: 

Imagine stuff like - Fury has the whip and the whip works like the hookshot. So in Dungeons you might end up doing different wings of the dungeon with different characters. So instead giving one character all dungeoneering utility, distribute it over all four characters. Would clean up the crowded controls and item management too. Also - it would open up a well of fresh puzzle and dungeon design.

Combat could be something like mix between Mass Effect, Darksiders and Secret of Mana. Toggling characters on the fly to use their fighting style (you need to figure out which guy can beat the boss at hand and switch to play that character actively) in realtime and pausing the action to micromanaging spells - for crowdcontrol, debuffing, buffing, healing and direct damage. Instead of having just a finisher, weakend enemies could get opened up to combo attacks/finishers.

I certainly can imagine controlling all four horsemen as a possibility - which might open up the game for actual coop gameplay.
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JokerClown88

Uriel - You cannot hope to win this war alone. 

War - No.  Not alone. 

War drops a piece of the broken seventh seal and the three remaining Horseman fall to Earth. 

Credits. 

Best setup for a sequal with an open ending ever.  Sure its a cliffhanger, but the game did answer all of the questions it posed.  More games need to take cues from this story.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Rhaknar

JUSt finished it, the ending put a HUGE smile on my face... i hope to GOD like I never have for a game to sell good enough for THQ to give the ok to the sequel, because this game NEEDS a sequel. Can you imagine more of this, hopefully with more dungeons, but using...err...dont want to spoil it, using what happens at the end :D Loved this game, 18 hours on apocaliptic well spent Early GOTY contender for me, and it will be in my Top 10 of 2010 FOR SURE

jvsexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jvsexy

I finished on Apocalyptic with Abyssal Armor and I couldnt find one legendary attachment..bt it ddnt matter cz I hd to use the armageddon blade (which looks weak compared to Chaoeater)...it took me about 40hrs......

have to say i kinda suck at puzzles...bt in the end i did it on my own !

n seriously waiting for DARKSIDERS 2 WRATH OF THE FOUR HORSEMEN !!!!!

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By MildMolasses

Just finished it this morning, and that ending is awesome. I never thought that I would be so stoked by a semi-cliffhanger. But when that sequel hits, its going to be badass
    Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Ferginator4k

Just finished, loved the ending. Looking forward to Darksiders 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.