Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Things I learned from videogames

fleppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By fleppie

War, Horseman of the Apocolypse
    So I am alone for a big part during this Christmas-break. And with the Steam sales I am spending waaay to much money. I bought Darksiders since it was on sale. I had eyed it before release, but after release everybody talked about how it emulates different other games. And my brain went: rip-off. But it was cheap and had steam-achievements to boot, so I bought it. But my God, I LOVE this game! It does emulate a lot of games like God of War, Zelda, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, Devil may Cry but to me it's greater than the sum of its parts. I really enjoy the art-style, the game-play is fluid and it looks great. The fact that I love mythological stuff and i immediately recognized the voice actor of the main protagonist to be the one that voiced Illidan as well kind of helped too.  (and armored angels!? That's just awesome!)

The game has great pacing, changing things up continually and at the part that made me think of Panzer Dragoon, I came up with a new post about Games & Philosophy. 

The last time I talked about  Games & Philosophy I talked about how videogames improved my English and since I am from the 8-bit era it also taught me perseverance. (savepoints? What the heck are those?) 

Some flying thing
     Some flying thing
    When I got to the point where you take flight and you control the armored winged wyvern-like thing with the left stick and aim with the right. So essentially a dual joystick shooter. This made me think to back when I first had to use two analog sticks at the same time. Some wire up there has to be made to do this correct since I grew up with a d-pad and some buttons. Which also made me think about what people do when they try to control some on-screen dude for the first time. Yup they swing the controller like mad trying to get the on-screen dude/dudette to do stuff. (which is how the Wiii was born) it takes some getting used to for sure, Everything new takes getting used to, but eventually I did.  

Which made me think of the time where I transitioned from console gaming into pc-gaming. I actually thought of buying the monstrosity called the Sidewinder dual strike  to play FPS games 

imagine how much I would have gotten pwned in Quake 3 Arena if i actually had bought this. So the point is that I had now gotten so used to dual joysticks, I wanted this to also be part of my pc-gaming experience regardless of the fact that these games were and are specifically designed for a mouse & keyboard. 

In videogames human beings are usually portrayed as highly adaptable and able to react to changes quickly. In my experience, looking at my own behavior as well as those around me, I must say that we are absolutely not the creatures of change we think we are, We hold on to habits as long as we can and only change when we NEED to. I finally adapted to the mouse & keyboard controls because I wanted to play Baldur's gate. And that game just couldn't be played with a controller.  
    fleppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By fleppie

So I am alone for a big part during this Christmas-break. And with the Steam sales I am spending waaay to much money. I bought Darksiders since it was on sale. I had eyed it before release, but after release everybody talked about how it emulates different other games. And my brain went: rip-off. But it was cheap and had steam-achievements to boot, so I bought it. But my God, I LOVE this game! It does emulate a lot of games like God of War, Zelda, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, Devil may Cry but to me it's greater than the sum of its parts. I really enjoy the art-style, the game-play is fluid and it looks great. The fact that I love mythological stuff and i immediately recognized the voice actor of the main protagonist to be the one that voiced Illidan as well kind of helped too.  (and armored angels!? That's just awesome!)

The game has great pacing, changing things up continually and at the part that made me think of Panzer Dragoon, I came up with a new post about Games & Philosophy. 

The last time I talked about  Games & Philosophy I talked about how videogames improved my English and since I am from the 8-bit era it also taught me perseverance. (savepoints? What the heck are those?) 

Some flying thing
     Some flying thing
    When I got to the point where you take flight and you control the armored winged wyvern-like thing with the left stick and aim with the right. So essentially a dual joystick shooter. This made me think to back when I first had to use two analog sticks at the same time. Some wire up there has to be made to do this correct since I grew up with a d-pad and some buttons. Which also made me think about what people do when they try to control some on-screen dude for the first time. Yup they swing the controller like mad trying to get the on-screen dude/dudette to do stuff. (which is how the Wiii was born) it takes some getting used to for sure, Everything new takes getting used to, but eventually I did.  

Which made me think of the time where I transitioned from console gaming into pc-gaming. I actually thought of buying the monstrosity called the Sidewinder dual strike  to play FPS games 

imagine how much I would have gotten pwned in Quake 3 Arena if i actually had bought this. So the point is that I had now gotten so used to dual joysticks, I wanted this to also be part of my pc-gaming experience regardless of the fact that these games were and are specifically designed for a mouse & keyboard. 

In videogames human beings are usually portrayed as highly adaptable and able to react to changes quickly. In my experience, looking at my own behavior as well as those around me, I must say that we are absolutely not the creatures of change we think we are, We hold on to habits as long as we can and only change when we NEED to. I finally adapted to the mouse & keyboard controls because I wanted to play Baldur's gate. And that game just couldn't be played with a controller.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.