Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

War: The Enemy of Furniture

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

Edited By Alphazero
    Dude could mess up an IKEA
    War, arguably the most dynamic of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, carries a ten foot sword, his brother Death's enormous scythe, a dub-horn useful for knocking back enemies and getting the party started, and is tasked with keeping balance between the mighty forces of Heaven and Hell. He does do that, but his real calling seems to be destroying the holy hell out of all of humanity's leftover furniture.

War needs souls, to give to Vulgrim, a demon merchant. Vulgrim needs souls, because he's a pervert. Killing enemies allows War to claim souls, but what surprised me was so did breaking a chair. Or a table. Or a sofa. Or the occasional book shelf. Or fire hydrant.

Here's a brief table of things with souls that surprised me, and a theory on how they got them.

Soul Source
    Possible Reason
    Fire Hydrant
    Dogs leave small amounts of soul every visit, it builds up.
    Sofa
    Sweet loving, proof that every sperm is sacred.
    Table
    Spilled food
    Chair
    One cheek sneaks actually escaping soul. Builds up.
    Book Shelf
    Authors pour soul into book, book pours soul into shelf.
    Gravestone
    It's soaking in it.
    James Brown
    And he's super bad.

Experimentation seems to show that street lights have no soul, which I will extrapolate to mean that traffic lights have no soul, from which we can conclude that I don't need to pay any attention to them anymore. Not that I did. Pffft. Traffic lights. 

Darksiders is a blast to play so far, but has given me pause for thought about the metaphysical world and our place within it. The next time I'm driving around town, smacking mailboxes with a baseball bat, I'm going to stop and think about the soul that mailbox has inside. And then use that soul to buy a sweet-ass scythe.
    Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Alphazero
    War, arguably the most dynamic of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, carries a ten foot sword, his brother Death's enormous scythe, a dub-horn useful for knocking back enemies and getting the party started, and is tasked with keeping balance between the mighty forces of Heaven and Hell. He does do that, but his real calling seems to be destroying the holy hell out of all of humanity's leftover furniture.

War needs souls, to give to Vulgrim, a demon merchant. Vulgrim needs souls, because he's a pervert. Killing enemies allows War to claim souls, but what surprised me was so did breaking a chair. Or a table. Or a sofa. Or the occasional book shelf. Or fire hydrant.

Here's a brief table of things with souls that surprised me, and a theory on how they got them.

Soul Source
    Possible Reason
    Fire Hydrant
    Dogs leave small amounts of soul every visit, it builds up.
    Sofa
    Sweet loving, proof that every sperm is sacred.
    Table
    Spilled food
    Chair
    One cheek sneaks actually escaping soul. Builds up.
    Book Shelf
    Authors pour soul into book, book pours soul into shelf.
    Gravestone
    It's soaking in it.
    James Brown
    And he's super bad.

Experimentation seems to show that street lights have no soul, which I will extrapolate to mean that traffic lights have no soul, from which we can conclude that I don't need to pay any attention to them anymore. Not that I did. Pffft. Traffic lights. 

Darksiders is a blast to play so far, but has given me pause for thought about the metaphysical world and our place within it. The next time I'm driving around town, smacking mailboxes with a baseball bat, I'm going to stop and think about the soul that mailbox has inside. And then use that soul to buy a sweet-ass scythe.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

Ha ha nice blog. I don't know if I'll pause and give thought of the souls of all the inanimate objects around but they have proven themselves to be a most useful source in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.