Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Whats your thoughts on Darksiders?

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Mexalen

I got the feeling that Darksiders could be pretty awesome. Of course, I am blinded by some nice and flashy trailers, and the designers all going like "this is going to be the bestest game evaaaarrrr!". But I guess they realy like the game, because the make the kind of game the want to play ...and it seems I wanna play the same game. 

To put it short: I am looking forward to it, and I think it looks awesome and has some pretty nice ideas.
    Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Nate

This is one of the games I'm most looking forward to at this point.  As a fan of the God of War games, I'm hoping it will be at least that good. What I've seen so far tells me - YES, it will be, but hey-  it's early.  The fact that Joe Madureira, did all the concept art for this game is awesome. I loved his visual style (have a bunch of his X-Men stuff) and  I think they've done a great job translating it into a 3D game world.  Again, this game is probably on the top of my list. If you haven't seen much about it before - check out the E3 videos, or go to Game Informer's preview here.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Nate

IGN.com has some of the E3 videos.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Discorsi

This game looks very interesting so far.  Already looks like I have to get this @_@

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

The game looks interesting, but extremely small scale. I don't know why I get that impression, but nothing I've seen makes me think "holy shit, this is truly a horseman of the Apocalypse". And I understand he's had his powers taken away, but it just doesn't look "epic" enough for this kind of setting. I imagine the game will be filled with many quick-time events too.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Jayge said:
    "I imagine the game will be filled with many quick-time events too. "
    There's actually a dev interview video somewhere on the THQ site where he specifically states that there are absolutely ZERO Quick-time events in the game. :) :)
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By shadows_kill

This year is great for 2d fighters and next year looks great for hack & slash/action type games with GOW3, darksiders, dantes inferno, and baynetta.

the darksiders is definatly on the better side of the list :P

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Julmust

I can see myself getting this, depending on the reviews it will get. I hope GB does a review for it so I can judge it by that, because so far I've liked what has been shown.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By CaptainObvious

I think i'm gonna place a pre - order for that. 

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I don't like the look of the main character, Death, he looks too much like the bad guy from Warcraft III. Combine that with the fact that it's going for Zelda and God of War 'inspired' gameplay, looks mediocre at best: rental.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Pie

Huh, I saw the live demo of it at E3 on gamespot and thought it looked like a very "meh" god of war game, kinda suprised that you guy's are looking forward to it but then again im not into hack and slashers that much anyway

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Damian

Been watching this game for ages it feels. 
    I look at this game and it feels to me like it's been a long time since someone made a game like this. Some people see a God of War riff. But I see a style of game that seems to have died with Primal and the Legacy of Kain series. 
    Actually if you run down a list of all the games Darksiders reminds me of that would be one sick list of games.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By Icemael

Why do people compare this to God of War? This looks nothing like God of War... it's more like Zelda May Cry. 

As for my thoughts on the game, it looks really, really neat. It seems like that Zelda game I long for, but that's never going to be made because of Nintendo's immense fear of change. I'm looking forward to it a lot... 

...however, it's being released the same month as Bayonetta. 'Nuff said.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.