Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkspore

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 28, 2011

Darkspore was a Diablo-style action RPG based in the Spore universe, featuring online co-op and deep customization features. It was shut down on March 1st, 2016.

40% off on Steam

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BombKareshi

I have to admit I feel kind of ripped off having paid the full price for Darkspore when it came our less than two months ago. Actually, my friends and I four-packed it, but I still would have waited if I'd imagined they would put this on sale so quickly. Nevertheless, those of you who are on the fence on this one, now's a good opportunity to get it relatively cheap!

Darkspore store page on Steam

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Yanngc33

They're doing probably to try to sell a few before EA takes it down and puts it on Origin

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Origin is killing me :C

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@Yanngc33 said:

They're doing probably to try to sell a few before EA takes it down and puts it on Origin

They won't take their games off steam. They're not that stupid. Origin is basically just a rebranding of their EA store which has coexisted with Steam for years. In the early days of steam they tried to avoid putting their games on it, but they learned that it didn't work and they were losing money. They won't make the same mistake twice.

Dialyctic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dialyctic

I hope they but BF3 up for pre-order on Steam soon, but I doubt it'll happen. :(

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Addfwyn

I well enjoy Darkspore, just the punishing difficulty got a bit much for me. For like $30 though, well worth the price

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Matfei90
    @MattyFTM said:

@Yanngc33 said:

They won't take their games off steam. They're not that stupid. Origin is basically just a rebranding of their EA store which has coexisted with Steam for years. In the early days of steam they tried to avoid putting their games on it, but they learned that it didn't work and they were losing money. They won't make the same mistake twice.

They removed Crysis 2 earlier today.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@Matfei90: I know, but that's just one game. They're going to do exactly what they did with the old EA store and do little things to encourage people to use it. Have a few select games that aren't on steam, better preorder bonuses on Origin & that sort of thing. They aren't going to pull all of their games off steam and only have them on Origin.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By demonbear

There is no way i'm touching a shady dungeon crawler for over 20$. 15 or lower, we'll see.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BombKareshi
    @demonbear said:
    There is no way i'm touching a shady dungeon crawler for over 20$. 15 or lower, we'll see.
    That's fine. You clearly weren't on the fence to begin with, then.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Yanngc33

@MattyFTM said:

@Yanngc33 said:

Yeah but they already took down Crysis 2, it would make sense for them to take the rest down too

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By demonbear
    @BombKareshi said:
    @demonbear said:
    That's fine. You clearly weren't on the fence to begin with, then.
    I played the beta.... so no. Not on the fence on that game at all! Its a big, big maybe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.