Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkstalkers

Franchise »

One of Capcom's most popular franchises, Darkstalkers is a 2D fighting series based on fantasy and myth from Capcom's glory days. Darkstalkers introduced several ideas used in later Capcom fighting games.

Darkstalkers 3 possibly heading to PSN

Oullie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Oullie
    Capcom has announced that Vampire Savior EX ( Darkstalkers 3) along with Cyberbots, Star Gladiator and Mega Man 4 will be heading to the PSN in Japan. There is a chance these titles could be re-released over seas as well, giving a lot of people who originally missed out on playing these games or simply sold there copy another chance to enjoy them. There was no mention of when the games would be up in Japan or the price.

Most fans by now probably already know but Capcom has been pumping out random Darkstalkers' avatars for PSN as well and most recently Hsien-Ko was announced in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 where she'll be joining Felicia and Morrigan.

I'm kind of excited but I'd love a new game in geneneral :/ I hope at least in Japan that interest in the series will get a little spark. Hsien-ko also looks pretty cool in MvC3, its amazing to see 3D versions of Felicia and her.
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ryanwho

Hopefully this is the beginning of the next game coming out.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Kjellm87

DO WANT, Darkstalkers is simply awesome

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By VicRattlehead

to be fair there's a lot of games on the Japanese Playstation store that aren't out in the US or Europe, I really would love it if they did bring it out.. because I really do like the darkstalkers games

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Zippedbinders

I really wish I had that picture of Fry with the handful of money. 

I played the hell out of Darkstalkers on the SNES and our Wal-Mart even had the arcade cabinet WAAAAAAAY back when. Never got to play 2 or 3. I really hope this makes it over to western regions.

EDIT: Well shit, I guess there wasn't a SNES version of Darkstalkers. What the hell am I thinking of then? I absolutely know I played the arcade version though, I always played Sasquatch and Anakris, though I absolutely cannot use Anakris in MVC2 now.

Oullie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Oullie
    @VicRattlehead:  For sure. I think I'm going to look at it in that "expect the worse (port) but hope for the best." But I want this game! [:<

@Zippedbinders:  You might be thinking of the Sega Saturn, Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge came out on it.
    Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Zippedbinders
    @oullie said:
    " @Zippedbinders:  You might be thinking of the Sega Saturn, Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge came out on it. "
    I've never even seen a Saturn in real life, let alone played one. After some research it was probably the PS1 version (it was definitely the first game), I was like, 8 at the time. All I remember is using a controller with 4 face buttons, I remember the arcade version a lot more.
    GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By GunnBjorn

Yoshinori Ono said he would love to make the next Darkstalkers game. Since he did such a good job on SF4, I can't think of a better person to materialize this.    
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

updates or straight rips?

Oullie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Oullie
    Update: On the Japanese Playstation website they list the game as 600 yen or around 7 to 8 USD. The game is coming out in Japan February 9th (5 more days). I'm assuming the game is going to be a direct port of the PS1 EX version, I don't see any mentions of an update or online play.

@Zippedbinders:  Ah! Sorry about that.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By animateria

An HD version would be great but probably not going to happen. 

Oh, and Cyberbots is a fucking great fighting game as well. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.