Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DayZ

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 13, 2013

Beginning as a mod for ArmA II, DayZ has players attempting to survive a zombie outbreak in a large fictional post-Soviet country.

any word on a quick look?

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

seems weird the number 1 game on steam for the last few weeks has had little attenton

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AMyggen

@spyder335 said:

seems weird the number 1 game on steam for the last few weeks has had little attenton

Well, they did a QL of an earlier version of the game (which was an absolute disaster since they did it live, and people watched the stream and just killed them over and over and over again). I know the game has changed a lot since then, but still. The game is also in early access, and GB has always mainly done QLs of games they care about that are in early access.

If someone's to do it, I guess it'd be Drew. Can't see anyone else caring about Day Z. I would expect a QL when the game's actually released though.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Vinny and Drew did a 2 hour livestream a while back

Since the standalone game is pretty much a completely different beast, I can see them doing another QL in the future or just playing it on an UnPro Friday, but yeah, like @amyggen said, it's probably dependent on which crew members care about the game. Also, the internet isn't exactly starving for DayZ coverage so that might have something to do with it. I don't know though. Mostly just kinda talking out of my ass here...

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll prob wait till it's done

Where's the Rust QL though?

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SharkEthic

I might be wrong on this, but I seem to remember @jeff saying that they don't do official Quick Looks of games still being developed. They've looked at plenty of alphas on Unprofessional Fridays, so they might take a look at it on there, though.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SlashDance

I'd rather see them play it for a bit on the friday show and only do a proper quick look when it's finished.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart: Brad played it on Unpro Friday apparently and everyone got mad at him for playing it 'wrong' so I'm not sure how down he'd be to do a QL of it.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razielcuts: Yeah, people reacted like Brad killed their child or something with that segment.

I might be wrong on this, but I seem to remember @jeff saying that they don't do official Quick Looks of games still being developed. They've looked at plenty of alphas on Unprofessional Fridays, so they might take a look at it on there, though.

They did do a QL of Starbound though, and probably other games in early access that I can't remember. But you're right, they don't do a lot of QLs of games in early access, and when they do it's mostly about a game one of them really cares about. They have a pretty ad hoc policy about this, but the bottom line is that they don't do a lot of QLs on games in early access.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart said:

Brad played it on Unprofessional Fridays and it was just as disastrous as the Day Z mod quicklook.. The game isn't in a state that is complete enough to even warrant a quick look.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Akyho

What everyone else has said. I even play Dayz and can tell you...its not a game to be quick looked right now.

So dont ask because there is no point.

When its finished yes. A QL would work right now nooooooooooooope.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sooty

@chiablo said:

@mcfart said:

Brad played it on Unprofessional Fridays and it was just as disastrous as the Day Z mod quicklook.. The game isn't in a state that is complete enough to even warrant a quick look.

@akyho said:

What everyone else has said. I even play Dayz and can tell you...its not a game to be quick looked right now.

So dont ask because there is no point.

When its finished yes. A QL would work right now nooooooooooooope.

Disagree with both of these. The hilarity the game produces in its current state is still enough for some content.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By RonGalaxy

Dont they have a personal policy of not quick looking early release games? I know theyve done them in the past, but it seems like they kind of look down upon giving serious attention to unfinished games nowadays... Which is why they play them on UPF, which is their fuck around with random games stream

Edit: Nevermind, I forget they QL'ed starbound's beta. Still, I think they only pay attention to early release games if they're... Actually interested in them. I dont think dayz is really their thing

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Loading Video...

Will a Node video suffice?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.