Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DayZ

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 13, 2013

Beginning as a mod for ArmA II, DayZ has players attempting to survive a zombie outbreak in a large fictional post-Soviet country.

DayZ PS4, so is that now a 2016 game?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Are we to assume that DayZ is now more likely to arrive on PS4 in 2016, rather than later this year? I think the final retail PC version is now slated for 2016, so I would assume the PS4 would would be coming out nearer to that, right?

At this point DayZ could be the first announced sandbox-survival game...that actually arrives on shelves last. The PC game was supposed to be out in 2013 right. Its now 2015 and I start to wonder if Bohemia Interactive should have just cut a deal with SOMEONE to get more backing on this game to ramp up production and a lucrative idea. Maybe, they have the money from ArmA games, but they really look like they might be the last game out the door for this idea.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I totally forgot this game was coming to consoles and I honestly that at this rate, H1Z1, despite just hitting early access, will be out long before DayZ.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

2016 sounds likely but I can't imagine it's going to be an acceptable product even then. Dean Hall left and now the rest of his team has to clean up his mess. He took the money and ran and I see him as an immensely selfish coward. He's a quitter that set a shitty precedent for all of these types of games to come. Why finish it when you can make so much money with trash and then leave?

I don't really think it matters when it comes out on PS4 because no one should buy it anyways. There's no chance it comes out this year.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

2016 sounds likely but I can't imagine it's going to be an acceptable product even then. Dean Hall left and now the rest of his team has to clean up his mess. He took the money and ran and I see him as an immensely selfish coward. He's a quitter that set a shitty precedent for all of these types of games to come. Why finish it when you can make so much money with trash and then leave?

I don't really think it matters when it comes out on PS4 because no one should buy it anyways. There's no chance it comes out this year.

Yeah man, what a selfish quitter. He made a free mod that almost single-handedly lifted Bohemia out of relative obscurity and into the spotlight, where it made exponentially more money than it had with its primary product, Arma, while simultaneously becoming the face of the company (though he was only a programmer) and the DayZ product itself. He maintained an available internet presence, issuing updates and remaining present on the forums on a near-daily basis, until the project likely grew to become something much larger, frankly, than he was trained or has the experience to handle, simply because it was a gaming experience so unique it was (and still is) more hotly desired than anyone could have imagined. What a selfish prick. Bohemia really fucked up, giving the necessary resources to one of it's Dean so that he may realize this idea, thereby incurring personal costs and easing those costs by charging a modest price - something that Dean surely decided to do singlehandedly, of course. Dean selfishly let the idea grow beyond anything that the studio itself, let alone the individual who thought it up, is really able to fully develop in the timetable that gamers expect, by virtue of the fact that development has been fully visible and interactive since day one, and the infrastructure for a game of this size is more complex than most games. Couple this with the gaming public's ravenous desire to play such a game that, to this day, still has not been duplicated in full by any game development studio in the world and released as a stable, finished product, and you're right, Dean Hall is a total prick who just took the money and ran.

This is how I see it: Let's say you had a good idea you've been tinkering with. You go to your boss and tell him about it - maybe it's a way to do things a little differently around the office. Your boss says, "Great idea! I'm calling an architect, we're going to build an entirely new office building that maximizes your idea to its absolute fullest!" You are stunned. He goes on: "On top of that, you are now the lead of this construction project! You are now in charge of half of your staff, most of whom are your peers, and some of whom worked above you until now!" You have no managerial skills. But, he seems very enthusiastic, and your idea is really good after all. Then you find out construction is slated to take three years or more - really, as long as YOU take to get it done. The architect and contractors call same-day and demand direction - they are getting paid until this is finished, and you are responsible for making wise use of your boss' money. How long would you last before you simply admitted you didn't have the experience, knowledge, or constitution for such a task?

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the second negative post you've left about H1Z1 & DayZ, both as hyperbolic as each other. Congratulations.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By spraynardtatum

@privodotmenit: Two whole posts!?!? I am a horrible monster.

I'll continue to rethink my opinions but that's how I feel about the output of these types of games. They're scummy and we're training them to continue being scummy by buying into them before they're finished. Myself included.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'm interested in what DayZ could be simply becauseI dig some ofthe open ended sandbox ideas. To be honest, the best style game for me woudl be a single player experiences, but I accept that a limited multiplayer or co-op experience could be cool too. Day Z will be what it will be, but I want it to work out well enough so that a few games actually turn out good,

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watch Lirik on Twitch play DayZ occasionally, and I have been seeing him play it for months, and there seems to be no real significant changes to the game yet - it's still buggy as hell, there's hardly any zombies in the game, and it just looks dreadfully boring (the only reason I watch him play it is because he's a fun host and really interacts with his fan-base). At the rate they're going, I expect DayZ to be done in 2030.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.