Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DayZ

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 13, 2013

Beginning as a mod for ArmA II, DayZ has players attempting to survive a zombie outbreak in a large fictional post-Soviet country.

Unofficial Giantbomb DayZ SA Steam Group

serverfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By serverfull

Duders,

I started an unofficial dayz group to play with other bombers. This forum seems a bit dead but as time goes on, I think we could have a fun large community of good people to play with. I really have enjoyed playing with other groups in the GB community (like the BF4 group).

Link to Group

Thanks,

Jason

PS. I plan on dressing out the group page once I get home from work.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm super surprised to see that there aren't far more duders here looking for people to play with! I was hoping to find a full and vibrant group here! Oh well, I will be the change I want to see and join your group.

serverfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I thought DayZ would be a huge hit with GBers but such as life. Thanks for joining. I saw you on lastnight playing Anno. I will try to get around to adding some graphics to our group today. Christmas with the kids has been crazy!!

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm waiting for DayZ to mature a bit more before I buy it. I never played the mod, but from what I've seen in gameplay videos and discussions on the Steam forums, it's in a very alpha state.

serverfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. It is very very alpha. Still great but has tons of issues.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By noizy

I'm blown away how this game is consistently in the Steam top 10 for online players. 40 000 people playing right now.

I was almost tempted to grab the Arma II pack for 5$ during the Steam sale to see what this is all about, but I presume everyone migrated to the stand-alone DayZ game now.

serverfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't play the MOD at this point. It seems much more dead then before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
    deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I've been hoping to get some GB community action in on this as it's kind of a drag to play by yourself.

Shall join the group when I get home from work!

will_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined up. I'm enjoying the game but it's really dumb when maniacs run the streets shooting at anything that moves. Makes The Last of Us look like Disney Land.

fleshribbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By fleshribbon

I have a question for you guys. I have neither played an Arma game nor DayZ but how are servers handled? Is this group setup to be on its own server or are there only dedicated servers from Bohemia?

I ask because I'm considering picking this up at least eventually and would rather not get on an open server where I'm just going to get steamrolled by random people when I have no idea what I'm doing rather than help show a fellow player the ropes.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a question for you guys. I have neither played an Arma game nor DayZ but how are servers handled? Is this group setup to be on its own server or are there only dedicated servers from Bohemia?

I ask because I'm considering picking this up at least eventually and would rather not get on an open server where I'm just going to get steamrolled by random people when I have no idea what I'm doing rather than help show a fellow player the ropes.

if youre waiting, there will be private servers that are friendly only.

exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fleshribbon said:

Right now is the best time to play if you don't want to be getting killed on sight all the time. There are a lot of new players, so they're not super proficient at the game and gearing up quickly. Also, there are only a few guns in the game right now, with all of the over-powered military sniper rifles that made the mod a killing ground gone completely. There are a few new mechanics that improve the player interaction a lot too such as handcuffs.

The threat of other players is integral to the game (and currently there is only a threat from players at the moment as zombies are very, very sparse and not fully implemented), so you will get killed from time to time. If you were to play on a server that discouraged banditing or any other form of aggressive play, you'd be missing out on the majority of the game, especially in the alpha since there are a fraction of the zombies than there even were in the mod.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Anyone want to coach a newbie? I have a mumble server if you guys are interested

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By spraynardtatum

...alright, I am too intrigued. I just bought this on the steam app, I'll be downloading when I get home. I'd love to find some giantbomb brethren to play with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.