Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DC Universe Online

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

An MMO for the PC and consoles that allows you to fight for and alongside the forces of good or evil from the DC Comics Universe.

DC Universe Online: Your questions answered! (Video Blog)

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By matt

Thanks to everyone who asked questions in this thread hopefully this video answered all your questions!

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By matt

Thanks to everyone who asked questions in this thread hopefully this video answered all your questions!

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fourby

Thanks for this, very informative.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By management

Have anyone tried this game out on the ps3? I really want this game but I do not have a gaming rig at the moment and I am interested in how this plays on the ps3.

Gavinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Gavinn

Thank you very much, I Would like to see the video series continue but aimed more to the actual current subscribers and questions picked that relate to different skill based players. Appreciated Matt, keep it up and thank you for the link to the thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

cool

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DeeGee

Very nice! The lack of landscapes that aren't 'flat city' has really turned me off this game now.

virtua_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By virtua_ben

Hey, awesome video.  Sorry I'm late with the question, but how long do you envision yourself playing this game?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaLe

This turned out better than I expected, well done sir.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By matt
    @GAZERK:  It's hard to say but end game content would have to be really compelling for me to keep playing.
    Scribbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Scribbly

Great video, thanks for providing more info about the game!

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dunchad

Actually, Zatanna wears fishnets so I'd be inclined to believe that the style could be gained at some point.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By fox01313

Neat video, between this & the QL & the gamespy online impressions, gives me a clear idea that whatever the delays were on this game were needing more time to hammer out some of the controls & better write some of the overall game missions/scripts, seems that with the levelcap being 30 that if I did get this game it'd only last for about a month (was tempted to get it when I saw the special edition that has the Batman statue so I'll probably wait & hope that it drops down to $20-30 as Star Trek Online has done with it's special edition).

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By jeff
    @Matt said:
    " @GAZERK:  It's hard to say but end game content would have to be really compelling for me to keep playing. "

Considering how lame all the four-person alerts I've tried have been, I can't imagine that doubling that number to eight is going to make a meaningful difference. Seems like most of the level 30s on my server are just sort of sitting around, chatting, either waiting for their 30 days to run out or waiting for Ring War to reset.
    matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By matt
    @Jeff: I have to agree. The alerts seem to be a complete zerg with little to no tactics required. On a side note, yay quest complete! Thanks Jeff.
    virtua_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By virtua_ben
    @Jeff said:
    " @Matt said:
    " @GAZERK:  It's hard to say but end game content would have to be really compelling for me to keep playing. "
     Considering how lame all the four-person alerts I've tried have been, I can't imagine that doubling that number to eight is going to make a meaningful difference. Seems like most of the level 30s on my server are just sort of sitting around, chatting, either waiting for their 30 days to run out or waiting for Ring War to reset. "
    Well then...that has changed my mind about getting the game.  Besides that, I wonder what they spent all of their development time on if there isn't anything to do at the top levels.
    matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By matt

Weird thing is that DCUO is making me want to try Champions Online again. It has far superior character customization and is going free to play soon. Saying that I am going to play out my free month with DCUO and maybe something amazing will happen.

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By TheLark

Yh i've been saying this to my two friends i've been playing with, seems theres nothing to do but fight and level up, but it has been enjoyable, reminds a little like crackdown, and is great fun if u can get a couple of guys, i dont c it as a mmo, and i feel i've payed 30 pound for a game thats gonna give me 40 plus hours therefore i do reccommend it highly.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By mikemcn

Good video, again!

lancer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lancer75

You've really been pumping out the quality content dude.  I really don't see any compelling reason to play DCUO over Champions online or my personal favorite; City of Heroes.  The combat is the worst, the worlds look bland, the art style looks terrible and the animations don't look smooth.  The only thing that it looks like DCUO has going for it is its brand, although what I've been hearing about how the DC characters are involved in the universe, even that isn't a glaring reason to even check out the game.  Looks like a total bust for those that have played DCUO's predecessors.  Still confident that the Star Wars MMO will be great!

Terranova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Terranova

I don't have a subscription myself my cousin does and I have had a go to see if it was worth getting one,  it just doesn't grip me as much as I thought it would even though a DC MMO is a neat idea the execution is off, i think they really need to make some changes in updates / patches to get me interested in a paying subscription as mentioned Champions online goes F2P on the 25th and that's far more fun than DCUO is at the moment      

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Bouke
    @Matt: Great video! I want to start playing this game, but the only thing thats holding me back is the price. I don't have a gaming pc and would buy this on the PS3 since some of my friends already did, but the 60$ + 15$ each month after the first really bums me out. The total lack of a demo or trail version seems pretty dumb to me and i'm just not sure yet if its worth it for me.  

I'll probably end up buying it anyway, but i hope SOE will do somthing about the price or at least put out a trail version for people to try.
    RubberFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RubberFactory

Thanks alot, and congrats on the community spotlight!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.