Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DC Universe Online

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

An MMO for the PC and consoles that allows you to fight for and alongside the forces of good or evil from the DC Comics Universe.

Played up to the buddy level cap, waffling on whether to buy

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chokobo

The one thing that concerns me is that the level cap is so low.  I assume that the time to level gets exponentially longer, but considering I got 1/6th through the levels in about an hour of play time is worrisome. So I have one question that will dictate whether or not I buy the game (although the FUCKING AWFUL chat is still bothering me a bit, but I doubt they'll change it).

How long does it take to reach max level and is there enough end game content to justify the seemingly low level cap?

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zombie2011

Listening to the bombcast Jeff really doesn't like the game.

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By ColinWright

Took around 6-7 hours in beta. Not sure if much changed since then. Unless they changed a lot of gameplay aspects it wasn't close to being ready for release.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Rhaknar
    @zombie2011 said:

"Listening to the bombcast Jeff really doesn't like the game. "

which of course means it must be bad... anyway. 

its pretty fast to get to the cap. I dont know in hours, late levels take abouta hour, hour and half to get or so. There are big chains that take about 40mins to an hour to complete, and you do about 2 of those and you get a level.There is a surprising amount of end game content from the start, 4 duo dungeons (for 2 ppl), 6 party dungeons (4 people) and 2 raids (8 people). It uses a system exactly like wow (or how wow used to be until recently), you get different marks for everything you do (pvp, dungeons or raids) to buy gear sets and what not.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @zombie2011 said:
    " Listening to the bombcast Jeff really doesn't like the game. "
    to be fair jeff doesn't like alot of things 
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " Listening to the bombcast Jeff really doesn't like the game. "
    to be fair jeff doesn't like alot of things  "
    to be more fairer he also likes a lot of different things. 

Yeah, im suprised to hear that people are leveling up so fast. Isn't the purpose of a level cap is that in order to reach it you needed to ahve done almost everything or a lot of shit?
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The game is focused more on end-game. The level grind isn't really the point. It's possible to get to the level cap in a few days, judging from other people.

Also the chat is apparently going to be fixed in the next patch. I agree it's fucking awful right now (especially the profanity filter), but that is my biggest complaint about the game at the moment. Everything else is awesome. It's a great game.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Chokobo

Thanks.  I'll probably wait until the chat change patch to purchase.  

Thanks to all those who played it and answered my Qs rather than those who said, "Well, Jeff didn't like it so it sucks, obv."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.