Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DC Universe Online

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

An MMO for the PC and consoles that allows you to fight for and alongside the forces of good or evil from the DC Comics Universe.

Question for those that have been playing since launch

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

Im actually quite excited to get back to this (at least for a month and a half until swtor) as I really enjoyed the game, at least for the free month it came with back in february. But my main issue with the game was lack of proper role play, and i dont mean pretending to be super heroes, i mean people playing their intended roles in groups, and the complete lack of controlers (or prople playing the controler role).

As a healer, i found it next to impossible to heal hard mode dungeons with no controler in the group, since in this game all your "mana" regen comes not from your own character, but from controlers powers, so if there was none, i couldnt heal basically, i only had mana for 4 or 5 heals. Think of the holy trinity, but in DCU its a holy square (you need a tank, a healer, a dps AND a controler).

So my question for those that have played beyond the free month, was this ever adressed? Did non-controlers (especially healers) get any sort of power regen mechanic? Or did people actually start rolling / playing controlers later on? I ask because if im to roll a new character, ill roll a controler if those are still rare, so i can at least do some shit at lvl 30 (which takes like 2 seconds to reach in this game). Hell, arent light powers controlers too, i might even get the dlc and both try a new power that wasnt available at the time AND be a controler.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.