Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island Riptide

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Apr 23, 2013

Crash-land into another zombie-infested tropical island in this direct sequel to the 2011 survival horror action RPG, Dead Island.

Riptide get its own depressing CGI trailer!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

It doesn't quite hit as hard as the original, though. Especially since now this is much more predictable and easily identifiable as 'just another Dead Island CGI trailer that will most likely fail to capture what the game is actually about'. We're basically going through the (e)motions, only this time time it doesn't pull on the heartstrings quite as much. Besides the fact that this is the second one of these, the music, the backwards narrative and of course watching a child kill her own family made for a more haunting and sombre trailer than this one I think. But hey, least now people won't be suckered in by this like they were the first.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Coafi

Yeah, sadly this one does not provide the same impact as the first one did. I think they are trying to establish a style, which is not even present in their game. I wonder, do they even know what their game is about?

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zaccheus

@Coafi: Yeah the difference in tone between the trailer and the actual game was just ridiculous. I think it's still an amazing trailer and more importantly a beautiful short film that stands on it's own better then it does as an advertisement.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By minotaka

Defo' not as much of an impact of the first, but still decent.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sploder

I muted it and was listening to Kreayshawn over the top, it was an ok trailer. They should have twerked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.