What is the main reason you feel the Dead Island: Riptide statue is sexist?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3909 posts) -
#2 Posted by BaconBuTTy (175 posts) -

This thread is a bad idea.

#3 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3909 posts) -

Personally, I thought it might be interesting.  The main thing that I took away from that article is that many of the women focused far too much on WHY the statue was sexist and offensive towards women, instead of just calling it disrespectful to ALL gamers in general.   

I see things like this, and it just reconfirms the fact that I never tell anyone I play video games until I find out that they do first.  Non-gamers see things like this and it just lowers their already low opinion of video games as a hobby, and anyone who enjoys playing them. 

#4 Posted by BaconBuTTy (175 posts) -

Well, maybe.

But much like the bust itself, your intent is a little naive.

This will simply turn into a maelstrom of incessant arguing and people refusing to see eachother's perspective.

I'm also not really sure the subject at hand is as simple as choosing from 10 different choices in a poll. This is a complicated issue - which is part of the problem.

#5 Posted by Morningstar (2266 posts) -

Do we need more of this?

#6 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (853 posts) -

Fucking hell, let it die, flagged.

#7 Posted by BaconBuTTy (175 posts) -

That too.

#8 Posted by MB (13397 posts) -

I know this is a poll and everything, but let's not split the discussion into yet another topic on a subject that most of us are sick to death of already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.