11 minutes of Gameplay

• 131 results
#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

Some parts of the game look rough (like the stamina bar and the animations) and some of the voice acting sounds terrible, but the game looks nice and it's a neat concept which, like many have said, seems like a first person Dead Rising.
#2 Posted by Yummylee (21498 posts) -
Dat bikini ass.
#3 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

For some reason I expected this to be like Heavy Rain, but with zombies. 

#4 Posted by NTM (7337 posts) -

I'm already a minute in and I can tell that they need to work on the frame-rate. Hm, looks like Far Cry 2 and L4D put together.
#5 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

Also, I'm not really down with first-person melee combat. Ever. Some people might be into it, but I've never found any appeal in it. 

Excitement for this game plummeted something serious. 
#6 Edited by Yummylee (21498 posts) -
@NTM said:

I'm already a minute in and I can tell that they need to work on the frame-rate. Hm, looks like Far Cry 2 and L4D put together.

Along with obvious inspirations from Borderlands and Dead Rising. The dead-faced eye to eye interactions also look similar to something from Fallout, so there's a whole mish mash of elements. Put it all together and it'll hopefully end up as a quality game. It's definitely not looking too fresh as it is now, with the frame-rate, clipping issues (especially noticeable when the character gets knocked and half of her legs like fall through the floorboards) and so on, but putting that aside to mid-development this game does look like it could be something special.
#7 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

The kicking animation looks terrible... Like she has a wooden leg.

#8 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Exciting.  Looks like with a bit of work it could turn out to be a game I love.

#9 Edited by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

FPS melee = poop

Also WTF is wrong with those cars?! Steering on the left, dammit! 
#10 Posted by Sweep (8844 posts) -

Looks stunning, but the animations and combat look fucking terrible. Like a fallout 3 mod or something.

Expectations for this game just plummeted :(

#11 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Oh. So all that artsy, interesting, cool concept survival-horror turns out to be pretty bland open-world zombie game. Still, it's super early.

Looks like Left 4 Dead 2 meets Far Cry.
#12 Posted by Dross (303 posts) -

FACE TATTOOS.

#13 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Still looks like a better game than L4D

Boom?

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -
@Scooper: That was just the two trailers. At this point, no one should seriously expect that from this game.
#15 Posted by Xdsk (268 posts) -

Looks promising, hopefully they will put some serious polish on it before it hits shelves. Loving the open world zombie survival rpg elements, hating the cheesy one liners.

#16 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@Scooper: That was just the two trailers. At this point, no one should seriously expect that from this game.
I didn't expect the gameplay to be anything like the trailers, I just expected it to be a bit more interesting than what this gameplay is. Just my opinion.
#17 Edited by deathfury (531 posts) -
@Xdsk said:

Looks promising, hopefully they will put some serious polish on it before it hits shelves. Loving the open world zombie survival rpg elements, hating the cheesy one liners.

The game seems pretty Polish to me. In that awesome but kinda janky way.
#18 Edited by Vexed (313 posts) -

Been wanting to see some actual gameplay from this.  Looks great to me.

Actually... after watching the whole video it seems a bit slow paced and I'm not sure I like the focus on melee weapons...

#19 Posted by MisterChief (831 posts) -

Reminds me of Postal 2....

#20 Posted by Xdsk (268 posts) -
@deathfury said:
@Xdsk said:
The game seems pretty Polish to me.
#21 Edited by Portis (1287 posts) -

...This game ain't gonna be good.

#22 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Looked alright to me. The animations were really bad though

#23 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

RPG like Zombie bashing, I'm in.

#24 Posted by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
Same here. I'd like to see that done.
#25 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

Looks like they have some good ideas... but the game really needs polish. Framerate, animations, pop-in, the UI... They should take some more time.

#26 Posted by owenneil (124 posts) -

I'm guessing nobody played their other games. The combat, and movement looks the same as them.
#27 Posted by face15 (1289 posts) -

This doesn't look good. Interesting, perhaps.

#28 Posted by buft (3315 posts) -
@Gumby said:
The kicking animation looks terrible... Like she has a wooden leg.
i thought the same thing
#29 Edited by Fudge91 (199 posts) -

Man this look like a sh*t load of fun. Look pretty too. The steering wheel is on the wrong side though but im sure they'll fix that.

#30 Posted by Delicious_Brains (170 posts) -

Melee looks a lot better than I thought. Just hope I can turn off that experience counter that keeps popping up everywhere, looked really annoying, especially when using that gun.

#31 Posted by Damodar (1343 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
Would have been nice though. The trailers gave the impression of their approach to zombies as being more than just cannon fodder to be easily slaughtered in waves. Whether it be connecting more with the fact that these zombies once had lives and were people, or just make them more threatening, something needs to be done to make zombies interesting again.
#32 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

The kicking animation is hilarious.

@Abyssfull said:
Dat bikini ass.
Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhh
#33 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

Mjeh...still not interested.

#34 Posted by Raven10 (1764 posts) -

It looks beautiful, but Techland has a history of making mediocre games so I wouldn't expect a masterpiece.

#35 Posted by GrandMarshal (388 posts) -

left 4 dead?

#36 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Looks like it could be really awesome, 

or maybe not.

It's kind of odd how a game can have such great environmental graphics but such bad looking character models and animations.
#37 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@Sweep said:

Expectations for this game just plummeted :(

Yeah... I was kind of anticipating this game based on the trailer but now that I've seen some gameplay, I have removed all hope for this game.
#38 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

eesh, it's got a fallout air about it, that kicking looked awful.

#39 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

It's much more cartoony than I thought it would be.

#40 Posted by FritzDude (2262 posts) -

I think it looks great.

#41 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

Looks like an open-world first person Dead Rising. Seems to be janky at some spots, but if it's fun to play then that can easily be excused.

@Sir_Ragnarok said:

That would have been great!
#42 Posted by Daiphyer (1333 posts) -
@Xdsk said:
@deathfury said:
@Xdsk said:
The game seems pretty Polish to me.
I think you have to use that picture for yourself. 

The game looks, alright. I really like the idea behind it, but the animations and the textures look awful. Good animations can make mediocre combat great. Put some work into that, and I'll totally be into it. JUST DON'T TAKE DEAD RISING'S SAVE SYSTEM OH GOD
#43 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

Kinda looks like Farcry 2 with Zombies, Looking good imo

#44 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

i laughed a little when half the womans body clipped through the floor near the end of the video...

#45 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -
I love the concept and it seems pretty solid.
 I do see what everyone is complaining about , but I like to reserve final judgement until I've played the game myself or a reviewer I trust gives their opinion.
#46 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Yup. Classic Techland jank in full effect.  Those guys need to stop making tech demos sold as games.

#47 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

I was a lot more interested in this game when I had convinced myself that it would be more of a survival horror game and it would be a lot less action-y.
But it still looks a lot better than Dead Rising, so I guess it's not all bad.

#48 Posted by shinigami420 (640 posts) -
@Enigma777: What the fuck are you talking about condemd 1 and 2 shows that you can make kick ass  first person  melee combat 
#49 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

I'm not going to mention anything janky about the game because it's still awhile from being out, so unless this is the product we're getting in at the end I don't see the point of everyone repeating something someone else said. I actually think at this point it looks a lot less janky than fallout does now.

#50 Edited by redbliss (647 posts) -

After watching that video I can only think of one thing: That island looks like a nice place to go on holiday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.