Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

Dead Island is Dead to Us

• 60 results
    countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By countstex

We booted up Dead Island last night having had it delivered in a timely fashion by the excellent ShopTo, however we were immediately disappointed by the game as it lacks any local co-op options what so ever! After all the hours of fun we’ve had playing the likes of Borderlands, Gears of War and Left4Dead split screen, whilst also joining up with others online this came as somewhat of a shock. The only other game to let us down in this way in recent years was Red Dead, however given that’s more of a single player game with added multiplayer modes it was less offensive.

I’ve taken the step of emailing DeepSilver over the matter but I’m doubting we’ll get much of a response. Here is the contents of that mail:

Hello, my wife and I have been looking forward to playing Dead Island together since seeing the trailer, and have had the game on pre-order for some time. Well it arrived last night to our home and we booted it up expecting to find the same sort of co-op fun we’ve enjoyed over countless hours in other largely multi player games like Borderlands, Left4Dead 1&2, Gears of War, the Halo series, and so on. We were immediately let down by the fact that the was absolutely no split-screen option! Whilst we have come across this before in other games, most recently Red Dead Redemption, they have always been largely single player games and so we can forgive them somewhat. But in a game squarely focused on multi player it seems an absurd oversight! 

I realise that in the minds of many the idea of same room multi player is in decline, but the number of couples who game together is on the rise and so this is a market that really shouldn’t be over looked. 
    Obviously this is an extreme long shot, but I don’t suppose there is any chance of Split screen being patched into the game? Would imagine retro fitting it would be difficult, which to be honest only adds to the surprise that it wasn’t considered earlier in the development cycle. 
    Looking forward to hearing an explanation of why this was not considered a requirement for a modern multi player game.
    Should we get any kind of response I’ll be sure to share it.

Annoyingly we tested the game out a little in single player and it looks like it would have been a very fun game for the two of us. How such an option can be overlooked in a world where the number of gaming couples is on the rise is a mystery to us. 

Original Source: http://playtogetherstaytogether.co.uk/?p=477 

Edit : After reading through the majority of responses here the main point people have is that I should have done my research on the game. This I can not argue. I made an assumption based on an expectation I myself created, based on other games I've played, that a split screen mode would be core to a co-op game. I assumed a dev would want to allow you to play with other people in whatever way you would choose to encourage you to play. It would appear we've just been lucky in our choices of games in recent times to have not run into this problem before. 

Another point was that it comes across that I am 'attacking' the devs or sounding like I was tricked into buying a game I wouldn't have otherwise bought. That was not my intent. In fact what I've seen of the game is very promising and we will be playing this a little online, and then a lot more later when we are comfortable with the price of a second copy. If anything it's the promise of the game that made me care enough to contact them about it. Had it have looked like a broken game we would have just walked away.

I guess we had just fallen into a pattern of buying a copy of a game, playing splitscreen, and then if it proved to be 'a keeper' then investing in that second copy. Something we have done many times in the past couple of years In future we will be more cautious!
    countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By countstex

We booted up Dead Island last night having had it delivered in a timely fashion by the excellent ShopTo, however we were immediately disappointed by the game as it lacks any local co-op options what so ever! After all the hours of fun we’ve had playing the likes of Borderlands, Gears of War and Left4Dead split screen, whilst also joining up with others online this came as somewhat of a shock. The only other game to let us down in this way in recent years was Red Dead, however given that’s more of a single player game with added multiplayer modes it was less offensive.

I’ve taken the step of emailing DeepSilver over the matter but I’m doubting we’ll get much of a response. Here is the contents of that mail:

Hello, my wife and I have been looking forward to playing Dead Island together since seeing the trailer, and have had the game on pre-order for some time. Well it arrived last night to our home and we booted it up expecting to find the same sort of co-op fun we’ve enjoyed over countless hours in other largely multi player games like Borderlands, Left4Dead 1&2, Gears of War, the Halo series, and so on. We were immediately let down by the fact that the was absolutely no split-screen option! Whilst we have come across this before in other games, most recently Red Dead Redemption, they have always been largely single player games and so we can forgive them somewhat. But in a game squarely focused on multi player it seems an absurd oversight! 

I realise that in the minds of many the idea of same room multi player is in decline, but the number of couples who game together is on the rise and so this is a market that really shouldn’t be over looked. 
    Obviously this is an extreme long shot, but I don’t suppose there is any chance of Split screen being patched into the game? Would imagine retro fitting it would be difficult, which to be honest only adds to the surprise that it wasn’t considered earlier in the development cycle. 
    Looking forward to hearing an explanation of why this was not considered a requirement for a modern multi player game.
    Should we get any kind of response I’ll be sure to share it.

Annoyingly we tested the game out a little in single player and it looks like it would have been a very fun game for the two of us. How such an option can be overlooked in a world where the number of gaming couples is on the rise is a mystery to us. 

Original Source: http://playtogetherstaytogether.co.uk/?p=477 

Edit : After reading through the majority of responses here the main point people have is that I should have done my research on the game. This I can not argue. I made an assumption based on an expectation I myself created, based on other games I've played, that a split screen mode would be core to a co-op game. I assumed a dev would want to allow you to play with other people in whatever way you would choose to encourage you to play. It would appear we've just been lucky in our choices of games in recent times to have not run into this problem before. 

Another point was that it comes across that I am 'attacking' the devs or sounding like I was tricked into buying a game I wouldn't have otherwise bought. That was not my intent. In fact what I've seen of the game is very promising and we will be playing this a little online, and then a lot more later when we are comfortable with the price of a second copy. If anything it's the promise of the game that made me care enough to contact them about it. Had it have looked like a broken game we would have just walked away.

I guess we had just fallen into a pattern of buying a copy of a game, playing splitscreen, and then if it proved to be 'a keeper' then investing in that second copy. Something we have done many times in the past couple of years In future we will be more cautious!
    ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ThePaleKing
    countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By countstex

Sure, however just because it is so doesn't exist mean I don't have the right to complain that that choice was made. Plus in the world of pre-orders often that information isn't available at the time thus adding to the sting. Or to enquire why it was overlooked.

Mentalnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mentalnova

Are you kidding me?  

Herp derp all devs need to do is toggle a drop-down menu for splitscreen

HERP DERP

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By McShank

Your own fault for not looking into the game. If you have not noticed, Very few games have split screen anymore. If you want to play with your significant other then get 2 of the game then join one anothers game like everyone else.

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By countstex
    @McShank said:

Your own fault for not looking into the game. If you have not noticed, Very few games have split screen anymore. If you want to play with your significant other then get 2 of the game then join one anothers game like everyone else.

Add on the cost of a second XBOX and 46" LCD and Surround sound system to the price of the game then? Gets quite expensive that if you hadn't noticed ;) 

And I agree less games have it, but on a game DESIGNED for multiplayer it seems a very strange choice indeed.
    SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Split-screen is something that is dying in this generation. You can't expect every single game that has multiplayer to feature it. You really need to find out beforehand if a game does or not, otherwise you're wasting your time.

With that said, system link is also something that is dying out. A number of games recently have required you to be online if you want to play multiplayer, not even allowing you to do system link. Its a damn shame.

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By countstex

That's why I listed several current gen modern games that DO have split screen. And I don't see why I can't expect a feature that so many others include as standard. AS I say, a Single player game that has multiplayer modes is one thing, but for a game designed with co-op play.. that is something else.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jetsetwillie

there maybe be a few reasons for this  

maybe it was development time or cost restrictions.
    maybe the engine couldn't cope with rendering the second players window. 

or maybe they just didn't to piss you off. 

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By countstex
    @jetsetwillie said:
    there maybe be a few reasons for this   maybe it was development time or cost restrictions.maybe the engine couldn't cope with rendering the second players window.  or maybe they just didn't to piss you off. 
    LOL, it's it's the last option my influence it far greater than I realised ;)
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vodun

@countstex: <sarcasm> As a designer of software I cannot express enough how much I appreciate user communications like this. It brings me great joy to receive user requests for a major revamping of what we have created, merely to fit their own niche wishes. Changes which would require massive amounts of development time and balancing but only end up pleasing 1% of the customer base.

I especially enjoy the line where you pretty much declare them idiots "which to be honest only adds to the surprise that it wasn’t considered earlier in the development cycle.". Stuff like that really warms a dev team's heart. </sarcasm>

Next time, assume they've actually done their job properly and ask what led them to the decision without hinting at them being idiots for not realizing how awesome your idea is.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By fattony12000

The developers/publishers/Microsoft/Sony/Valve never made any mention of this game supporting local co-op.
    You bought a game without local co-op, so that's why you can't play the game with local co-op.

It's complete shit fuck, yes. But I didn't buy Railworks 2 on Steam expecting it to be like Smash TV.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Azteck

You actually emailed a developer about them not packing in Split Screen when it was never even advertised? To what goal? I highly doubt they'd patch it in no matter how many emails they got considering the time and money that would have to be spent modifying their entire code to make it work

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By countstex

Oh I agree it's not going to make any difference this time, but I feel they should know that there is a desire for such a feature, a feature which is nothing new and so, one would assume, a well practised techique.  And yeah a) I should have checked first and b) none of their previous games on the engine had it either. Hey ho.. expect support get beaten down, usual internet stuff :D

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By countstex
    @Vodun said:

@countstex: <sarcasm> As a designer of software I cannot express enough how much I appreciate user communications like this. It brings me great joy to receive user requests for a major revamping of what we have created, merely to fit their own niche wishes. Changes which would require massive amounts of development time and balancing but only end up pleasing 1% of the customer base.

I especially enjoy the line where you pretty much declare them idiots "which to be honest only adds to the surprise that it wasn’t considered earlier in the development cycle.". Stuff like that really warms a dev team's heart. </sarcasm>

Next time, assume they've actually done their job properly and ask what led them to the decision without hinting at them being idiots for not realizing how awesome your idea is.

Hmm, I'm unhappy it reads that way, I wasn't trying to suggest they are idiots for not doing it, just that I was genuinely surprised. The theory being they must have thought about it and decided against it, and it's that decision that interests me.
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By bicycleham

You though Red Dead has splitscreen? Are you fucking crazy?

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By countstex
    @Xolare said:
    You though Red Dead has splitscreen? Are you fucking crazy?
    No, I knew that didn't have split screen. But I see that as a largely single player game, with multiplayer modes in addition. Not a game designed from the get go as a co-op experience, which is what Dead Island appears to be. Maybe I am wrong in that?
    Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Buscemi

Split screen just sucks, that's a fact you have to deal with. It sucks and it's harder and harder to do, and nobody wants to play a game on half a screen. I did, in the Gears of War games, the Halo games, and in Borderlands and it suuuuuucked. 

And yeah, buying another 46 inch TV and a surround system is totally necessary for you to play the game. Wait, what?

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By countstex
    @Titus said:
    Split screen just sucks, that's a fact you have to deal with. It sucks and it's harder and harder to do, and nobody wants to play a game on half a screen. I did, in the Gears of War games, the Halo games, and in Borderlands and it suuuuuucked.  And yeah, buying another 46 inch TV and a surround system is totally necessary for you to play the game. Wait, what?

Is split screen as satisfying to play as full screen? No of course not, but it works, and it has worked since we had blocky old games. Yes they have to tone down the effects on current gen consoles to pull it of, but is that really that difficult to pull off? Seems many manage to achieve it. 

As for the second system.. why should one of us have to have a lesser experience just because we both want to play the same game together? 

Think of it like this. When you buy Monopoly or Cluedo, do you expect to have to buy a copy of it for every person who wants to play? Why should that be different here? Especially when so many other have shown it is possible to do? 
    Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Buscemi
    @countstex said:
    @Titus said:
    Split screen just sucks, that's a fact you have to deal with. It sucks and it's harder and harder to do, and nobody wants to play a game on half a screen. I did, in the Gears of War games, the Halo games, and in Borderlands and it suuuuuucked.  And yeah, buying another 46 inch TV and a surround system is totally necessary for you to play the game. Wait, what?
     Is split screen as satisfying to play as full screen? No of course not, but it works, and it has worked since we had blocky old games. Yes they have to tone down the effects on current gen consoles to pull it of, but is that really that difficult to pull off? Seems many manage to achieve it.  As for the second system.. why should one of us have to have a lesser experience just because we both want to play the same game together?  Think of it like this. When you buy Monopoly or Cluedo, do you expect to have to buy a copy of it for every person who wants to play? Why should that be different here? Especially when so many other have shown it is possible to do? 
    Oh man, when me and my friend want to play Starcraft 2, we both have to buy the game, what's up with that? Why can't Blizzard implement a co-op feature that splits the screen in half so we can play against each other!? 

Jokes aside, split screen is the very bane of my existance, I have loathed it since I tried it for the first time. The reason why one of you should have a lesser experience is because it's expensive to buy two identical sets. Look at it like this, buying a thirty inch screenand playing on it without a surround system will lessen the experience less than a split screen function will. 
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Scooper

If split-screen Co-op is really important to you and your wife then you probably should of looked to see if it's in the game you're buying. That's like wanting an automatic transmission car and then just buying one without even checking and just hoping it is.

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By capt_ventris

@jetsetwillie said:

there maybe be a few reasons for this maybe it was development time or cost restrictions.maybe the engine couldn't cope with rendering the second players window. or maybe they just didn't to piss you off.

I choose to believe the last point

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By countstex
    @Titus said:

@countstex said:

@Titus said:
     Is split screen as satisfying to play as full screen? No of course not, but it works, and it has worked since we had blocky old games. Yes they have to tone down the effects on current gen consoles to pull it of, but is that really that difficult to pull off? Seems many manage to achieve it.  As for the second system.. why should one of us have to have a lesser experience just because we both want to play the same game together?  Think of it like this. When you buy Monopoly or Cluedo, do you expect to have to buy a copy of it for every person who wants to play? Why should that be different here? Especially when so many other have shown it is possible to do? 
    Oh man, when me and my friend want to play Starcraft 2, we both have to buy the game, what's up with that? Why can't Blizzard implement a co-op feature that splits the screen in half so we can play against each other!? 

Jokes aside, split screen is the very bane of my existance, I have loathed it since I tried it for the first time. The reason why one of you should have a lesser experience is because it's expensive to buy two identical sets. Look at it like this, buying a thirty inch screenand playing on it without a surround system will lessen the experience less than a split screen function will. 
    I'd argue that in SC2 you are probably playing competitively where seeing each others screen would actually be detrimental to the game play? (I could be wrong, maybe you can do 2v2 matches and both be on the same side, also playing with a friend is different, you live in different households I would guess? My wife and I share a house funnily enough :D)  

If no one did this I would have less of an argument, but as originally stated many games have this feature and we enjoy playing that way.  

The main issue might be we came to this off the back of a slew of great XBLA arcade games where we had some excellent same sofa gameplay fun. It just happens to be the way we enjoy games the most.  

Oh and for full disclosure we do already have two XBOX setups, so we will eventually get to enjoy the game when we can pick up a cheaper second copy, it's just a shame I've now paid full day one price for a game I won't get to play for a month or two.  

Lesson learnt: Don't pay full day one price for games, wait until they are cheap enough to get two copies for the price of one.. I'm not convinced that was their intention though ;)
    countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By countstex
    @Scooper said:
    If split-screen Co-op is really important to you and your wife then you probably should of looked to see if it's in the game you're buying. That's like wanting an automatic transmission car and then just buying one without even checking and just hoping it is.
    Hard to argue that point, and I'll be sure to avoid their future games. Think that's what they planned for?? ;)
    Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Buscemi
    @countstex: Well, I suppose there are other reasons for not buying Dead Island on day one, you know mainly because it's very buggy. JOKES ON YOU.
    countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By countstex
    @Titus said:
    @countstex: Well, I suppose there are other reasons for not buying Dead Island on day one, you know mainly because it's very buggy. JOKES ON YOU.
    LOL. Funnily enough in the brief bit of play I did, maybe an hour or so,  it was perfect, even without the day one patch. I could have been one of the few singing it's praises..
    Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Buscemi
    @countstex said:
    @Titus said:
    LOL. Funnily enough in the brief bit of play I did, maybe an hour or so,  it was perfect, even without the day one patch. I could have been one of the few singing it's praises..
    You're lies do not deceive me, you're hurting on the inside.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vodun

@countstex said:

@Vodun said:

Hmm, I'm unhappy it reads that way, I wasn't trying to suggest they are idiots for not doing it, just that I was genuinely surprised. The theory being they must have thought about it and decided against it, and it's that decision that interests me.

It's a valid point you bring up, it's just that you come off as a bit douchey. And it makes it too easy for someone like me to write it off as "stupid user request".

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Bones8677

Dead Island having split-screen co op, would have been a nice feature. I don't like that it's dying. Have companies forgotten that multiple people in one household may want to play a game together?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@countstex said:

@McShank said:

Add on the cost of a second XBOX and 46" LCD and Surround sound system to the price of the game then? Gets quite expensive that if you hadn't noticed ;) And I agree less games have it, but on a game DESIGNED for multiplayer it seems a very strange choice indeed.

Your take on multiplayer seems firmly rooted in the middle of the last decade.

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By countstex
    @SeriouslyNow: I agree that things have moved to more online only solutions, which made sense as those of us who grew up with gaming moved out of our childhood homes and were more likely to play our friends remotely, and I love that that is the case. But I believe same room multiplayer, in particular co-op multiplayer is on the rise again as gaming becomes more accepted. Hell didn't the Wii succeed purely on this point? It was that which sold those consoles, not the wavey davey controls. Odd that the other two copied the 'alternative control' part and not the actual reason the Wii sold so well.  

Hmm, maybe I should have waited for Dead Island Kinect Dance Party!? ;)
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CptBedlam

Of all the complaints I've heard about DI, this one is the least valid.

As others have already mentioned: you can't just assume a game has splitscreen coop. There are significant technical hurdles to overcome in order to implement scplitscreen coop - especially if it's an open rpg-ish game with a high degree of graphical fidelity. Yes Borderlands offered splitscreen coop but it also had way less demanding graphics.

Bottom line: if you only want to buy a game for splitscreen coop, you should do some research before buying.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By babblinmule

Doesn't it say on most online retailers whether the game will have split screen or not? I dont mean to be a jerk, but you probably should have read up on the game first.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@countstex said:

@SeriouslyNow: I agree that things have moved to more online only solutions, which made sense as those of us who grew up with gaming moved out of our childhood homes and were more likely to play our friends remotely, and I love that that is the case. But I believe same room multiplayer, in particular co-op multiplayer is on the rise again as gaming becomes more accepted. Hell didn't the Wii succeed purely on this point? It was that which sold those consoles, not the wavey davey controls. Odd that the other two copied the 'alternative control' part and not the actual reason the Wii sold so well. Hmm, maybe I should have waited for Dead Island Kinect Dance Party!? ;)

People socialise online these days, it's where the big money is and really that whole rant was pointless, filled with misconceptions and far too long as a response to a simple statement.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Scooper
    @countstex said:

@Scooper said:

Hard to argue that point, and I'll be sure to avoid their future games. Think that's what they planned for?? ;)

I don't know why you'd avoid the company's future games. Their next game may have splitscreen co-op in it. I think instead you should spend 2 minutes researching the next game you buy. This isn't the devloper's fault.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#36  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Even with all the shit you are getting from other people in this thread, I do agree that this game should have split screen.

If Borderlands can manage it, so could this. The decline split screen gaming has seen over recent years, really makes me sad. No matter what anybody says, split screen gaming is 10x more fun than online gaming. You can banter with the people around you, and have a much more sociable & fun experience. WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY ANOTHER COPY!

Nothing beats 4 player local multiplayer. Get the beers & pizza in and have a blast.

But, yes, you should have done some research on what you were buying before you did. Shopto doesn't force you to put any money down until the week of release, so the information would have been available to you.

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By countstex

As I've admitted, yes my mistake for making an assumption about a game based on a feature that most other developers of games with heavy co-op game play have included.  

I still maintain I have a right to make them aware that such a feature does have some demand in the community, or is at least worthy of investigation into inclusion in future works. 

(Edit: That response was based of the few before Creamypies)

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By countstex
    @SeriouslyNow said:

People socialise online these days, it's where the big money is and really that whole rant was pointless, filled with misconceptions and far too long as a response to a simple statement.

Forgive me, I considered you response to be of worth and thus responded accordingly.
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GunslingerPanda

That sucks, I guess.

What sucks even more is the amount of dicks in this thread. The man's just disappointed that the game didn't have a certain feature, and none of you can say you've never felt that way.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By TwoLines

On the PC, nothing is ever split screen co-op, even when it's the same game! Like, all Valve games! Neither L4D nor Portal 2 had split screen on the PC! And when I rage about it, people don't care. Sadly nobody gives a shit about split screen anymore. Siiigh.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Christ, some of the replies in here are unnecessarily harsh. Yes, countstex should have checked whether the game supported split-screen co-op before buying it, but he already admitted that was his bad and it still doesn't make his complaint invalid. The comment about the consideration of split-screen in the dev cycle is a little misinformed, yes, the devs may have actually considered adding split-screen early in the dev cycle but it didn't make it in for whatever reason, however, at least he actually went to the effort of contacting the developer with his complaint when he had a problem with a game. It seems to me that we could all have a potentially larger impact on the games we play if we used that kind of mentality.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CptBedlam

@GunslingerPanda said:

That sucks, I guess.

What sucks even more is the amount of dicks in this thread. The man's just disappointed that the game didn't have a certain feature, and none of you can say you've never felt that way.

Being disappointed is one thing, making it sound like the devs tricked him into buying the game another. He should've just looked up some info about the game before buying. Splitscreen is not a feature as common as he obviously thinks it is.

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By countstex
    @CptBedlam said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

That sucks, I guess.

Being disappointed is one thing, making it sound like the devs tricked him into buying the game another. He should've just looked up some info about the game before buying. Splitscreen is not a feature as common as he obviously thinks it is.

Yeah, I guess I've just been lucky in the games I've chosen to play so far, thus leading me to have the expectation for such games. I still bought the game, and it will still get played. If anything if I thought the game was terrible I would';t really care either way but  looks like a game we could have had a lot of fun playing together on the sofa. Shame. 
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@CptBedlam said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

That sucks, I guess.

Except he never made it sound like "trickery," you and the rest of the tits in here are just being needlessly confrontational and combatitive, making mountains out of mole hills in order to gang up on someone making a slight complaint about a game that's well loved by GB because of the disgusting bubble you all live in.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CptBedlam

@countstex said:

@CptBedlam said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

That sucks, I guess.

Yeah, I guess I've just been lucky in the games I've chosen to play so far, thus leading me to have the expectation for such games. I still bought the game, and it will still get played. If anything if I thought the game was terrible I would';t really care either way but looks like a game we could have had a lot of fun playing together on the sofa. Shame.

I'm with you there. Every game with some kind of MP mode should include a splitscreen option. Sadly it's not always possible for various reasons (sometimes it's a very limited production budget, other times it's technical stuff).

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By countstex

I have added an edit to the end of the blog post which I hope takes onboard the majority of the opinions given in response to my post. Thank you all for your feedback so far.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By laserbolts

Pretty pointless for you to mail them that letter.

countstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By countstex
    @laserbolts: Well if I'm the only one then they know not to bother about it. Is it's more then it's something worth looking into. Isn't that the way the western world should work?
    FraggingRights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By FraggingRights

At risk of being redundant (and sounding like a dick), there is nothing quite as funny as someone bellyaching to have a feature that was never included in a product.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Jams

@countstex:

I don't know if anyone has recommended this even though it may be a little expensive. Have you ever thought to have separate Xbox's? I know you'd have to then have separate TV's, an extra LIVE account, and buy 2 games, but at least you wouldn't run into this problem anymore. If you guys really love playing together it might be a worthwhile investment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.