Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

Dead Island on sale at Newegg

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ravenlight

Looks like Newegg is starting their pre-Black Friday sales. The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dead Island are on sale for $19.99 with free shipping.

If anyone's interested, it seems that the sale is on for 72 hours, so get your goodies while the getting is good.

There's also a ton of other crap on sale too. If you're building a PC, now's the time of year to shop for components.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By djou

I'm torn on whether I should wait to get Dead Island at the Best Buy Black Friday sale. It will be $7.99 but I have to deal with the mobs.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Flappy

@djou said:

I'm torn on whether I should wait to get Dead Island at the Best Buy Black Friday sale. It will be $7.99 but I have to deal with the mobs.

Dead Island isn't worth getting bumrushed. Then again, I don't expect many people to be rushing to pick it up...

Your call.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Dead Island is kind of meh. Remember the trailer? That's what they were going with initially, and then in early development they said "fuck it, we're taking the easy road". It showed a lot of promise, but it's still fun for the first half of the game, so 20$ might be worth it.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By djou

My interest was piqued by the GB Quicklook. Am I off base in labeling the game as a FPS open world RPG with an emphasis on melee combat, skill customization, and an drop in/out coop system? Not RPG like a Fallout game (or as deep) but with better combat mechanics? I'm excited to play Far Cry 3 and I thought about this game as a hold over until its release. And again $8 or $20 seems like a deal.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Marcsman

I kinda liked the game, but after the 3rd lost data fiasco with it I was done. PS3 version BTW.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@djou: Yeah that's a perfect description. It entirely depends if you're interested in loot based RPGs. I love those types of games, but I couldn't bring myself to finish Dead Island.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By djou

@TheDudeOfGaming: I'm really fascinated, I also love those types of games and the odd controller setup that Brad displayed in the Quick Look looked really interesting. Its on my list of games to play, most likely I'm going to pick it up over the holiday when I see a deal, questions is how cheap do I wait it to go, $20 seems like a good deal for the goty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.