Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

Here's How To Change The FOV In Dead Island On PC

jamesg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jamesg

Here's a tutorial on how to change the FOV in Dead Island. Tried it out myself and it works fine. (Not my video btw)

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NekuSakuraba

That's good... I guess?

I've never gotten FoV so this doesn't really matter to me but this is good for anyone who does.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By JoeyRavn

This tutorial here is a bit more comprehensive. It shows some other tweaks too, like better shadows, using a better shader and all that. This is the thread in the Steam forums he shows in the video. There're a lot more tweaks to be found there.

@NekuSakuraba said:

That's good... I guess? I've never gotten FoV so this doesn't really matter to me but this is good for anyone who does.

What do you mean with "I've never gotten FoV"?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By benjaebe

FOV doesn't bother me, but it's useful for other people who feel the need to change it. Don't set it too high though, or you start seeing some wonky animations.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Heltom92

@JoeyRavn said:

This tutorial here is a bit more comprehensive. It shows some other tweaks too, like better shadows, using a better shader and all that. This is the thread in the Steam forums he shows in the video. There're a lot more tweaks to be found there.

@NekuSakuraba said:

That's good... I guess? I've never gotten FoV so this doesn't really matter to me but this is good for anyone who does.

Yo I knew a guy who got FoV once, I think he got it from stripper or something.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @JoeyRavn

@NekuSakuraba said:

I mean I've never understood what it does, doesn't it just make it so you see more on screen? Why is that a big deal?
    Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Zelyre

@NekuSakuraba said:

I mean I've never understood what it does, doesn't it just make it so you see more on screen? Why is that a big deal?

Quite a few gamers get sick/queezy feeling games. FOV is one of the reasons. I'd explain, but I think this video does a much better job of it than I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blZUao2jTGA

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.