Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

How to Guarantee a Save?

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Wraxend

Ok simple question how do I make sure this game saves?
    hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hbkdx12

still have my copy shrink wrapped (ps3) although i think im gonna give it a go. Saw this on gamefaqs, but i haven't seen anyone else on, more credible sites seem to confirm this....

If your options are set to "Game Type <Single Player>" and you sign out of PSN you will NOT get this glitch. Players using this setting have reported zero save glitch problems. If your settings are set to "Game Type <Cooperative>" and "Game Visibility <Playstation Network>" you have a chance of obtaining this glitch. All four times I've been glitched have occurred while playing under these settings. Players on my friends list and Gamefaqs users in other topics are also posting similar results.

Normally when the game auto-saves you'll see small text on the left side of the screen saying "Game Saved." Also note that at the exact same time a biohazard symbol will appear at the top right of your screen showing that the game is indeed saving. This is what you want to see at all times.

Secondly whenever you fulfill the requirements to unlock a trophy you'll see small text on the left side of the screen saying "Trophy Obtained: [name of trophy]." At the same time you'll see said trophy 'ping' on the top right of the screen. This is what you want to see at all times.

another user wrote...

No, of you REALLY set it the single player before ever playing the game at all... you don't need to sign out of PSN.

I set it to single player before creating my first character, it was the first thing I did. Not once have I ever had a notification that I could join another person's game or that they were in my area. If you set it to single player before doing ANYTHING else, it will be just like a single player experience, and you won't get any save glitch (25 hours in for me, 0 glitches for me).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/622414-dead-island/60276986 

So basically, IMMEDIATELY set it to singleplayer and don't be online
    Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wraxend
    @hbkdx12:  Ok just turned it to singleplayer and its saved thanks for finding the tip.
    nodachie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By nodachie

Over 13 hours of gameplay gone. does not save past chapter 4. this dam game has driven me mad. 

Oh, by the way, I did set a character to single player and still lost several hours of gameplay. 

Do not touch this game until they relase another patch for the PS3.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really want to buy this game but I'm terrified of the technical issues.

Piglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Piglet

I don't know if this helps-but I played significant amounts with a friend through coop and never had any save issues. When I played by myself for about 3 hours right before the patch I lost all that progress. The patch also reset ALL of my in progress trophies to 0. So even though I have found a lot of the collectibles-it now says 0 found, which means I will never be able to get it unless they somehow fix it as the collectibles I have already found are not there anymore.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hbkdx12
    @Nodachie: Were you ever online at any point? That seems to be the sticky point (atleast with the ps3)

Seen people on other forums popping up saying that if you have it set to singleplayer and don't go online AT ALL that things work fine. Apparently having it be singleplayer and being online still creates the risk for things to mess up

I just put in about 4 hrs solo offline so fingers crossed :)
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By cstrang

Hearing about all of this game's technical fuck-ups is actually becoming quite interesting.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By uberexplodey

if there's a vehicle available, you can trigger a save by hopping in the driver's seat.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By DarkShaper

Beat the game in one sitting. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Hizang

It really bugs me that there is no save option anywhere, I hate having to rely on checkpoints. I'm so afraid I'm going to get to a part where I am stuck in a wall or something and it is going to checkpoint there.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Subjugation

It's unfortunate so many people seem to be having problems. I haven't had any yet and I'm on PC of all platforms. If the internet is to be believed, my computer should have gone up in flames a while ago.

the_red_mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By the_red_mage
    @DarkShaper said:

Beat the game in one sitting. PROBLEM SOLVED!

If you have a job ;D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.