Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

Is it worth playing the PC version?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So my PC 360 controller has broken and now I can't use the analog system in Dead Island, do you guys think it's essential to play it with analog or will it be okay playing it digital until I get a new controller?

Thanks!

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

Well haven't they patched the analog controls in the PC version now ?  

GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GuyIncognito

Do you also have a PS3 controller?  If so, you can use it as an xbox360 controller with MotionJoy.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By JTB123

I think the digital control scheme is fine, you can still target limbs with that system very easily. 

ze_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ze_ro
    @JTB123 said:
    I think the digital control scheme is fine, you can still target limbs with that system very easily. 
    what he said
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sooty

The analog scheme is actually quite awkward and shitty, I was surprised Brad was able to praise it so much.

I think the PC version is now quite alright.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Apparently, this game is meant to be played with a controller. I personally am a M+KB fanboy, yet even I agree that this is played best with a gamepad, especially that aiming and shooting is not essential in the game

Graphics wise, its looking fucking awesome

Tech wise, people are saying that the developer already patched some stuff and surely they'll patch it more and fix it

Content wise, its looking like a zombie RPG, something that i believe is unique, right?

Totally worth it. One thing is stopping me from buying it though: Where or not the combat gets tedious and too intense.. I don't wanna be running into body snatchers and pushing them away 24/7, I'd lose my fucking mind

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mmmslash

PC version is comparable to the console versions, they had the patch that night that fixed everything. 

Analog control is kind of irrelevant when it comes to PC. Since you can aim with the mouse much easier, you can easily hit limbs or the head using the digital scheme it defaults. 

I think the real issue is that the game is boring, regardless. It's very repetitive, and it's like Borderlands, only less polished, less fantastic loot, and instead of having the ability to explode into invisibility or send a flaming hawk at guys, you get a kick button.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By finstern

I'm playing the PC version and I have no problems hitting legs/arms/heads with the mouse and keyboard.... at all, I can see why they give you analogue on the consoles, because to aim so slightly at a different body part might be a challenge to some with the sticks, isn't a problem at all on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.