Lionsgate Acquires Rights to Turn Dead Island Into a Movie

  • 128 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

Memento didn't use backward motion. What movie were you people watching?

#52 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

@Brendan said:

Memento didn't use backward motion. What movie were you people watching?

I was watching the first 2 minutes of Memento.

#53 Posted by Moonshadow101 (555 posts) -

@manthorp said:

I hope the entire movie is in reverse.

Clearly the way to go.

#54 Posted by Airickson (120 posts) -

@TheKing said:

You know, because movies based on video games are always successful.

Ah, but this is a movie based on a TRAILER of a video game. So, I'm sure it will be...oh, who am I fooling...

#55 Posted by kmg90 (415 posts) -

As long as they showcase a possessed truck at some point in plot, I'll be satisfied

#56 Posted by Jeffk38uk (715 posts) -

So add this to the dozens of other video game movies that were licensed and never heard from again...

#57 Posted by Phished0ne (2482 posts) -

FETCH QUEST: THE MOVIE

#58 Posted by RagingLion (1363 posts) -

@manthorp said:

I hope the entire movie is in reverse.

I'm in for that to. Someone get on that. Dialogue might be a bit of a problem though.

#59 Posted by Rekt_Hed (846 posts) -

@manthorp said:

I hope the entire movie is in reverse.

FUCK you just won this comments section imo

also this article just makes me think 'good'

#60 Posted by JCee (9 posts) -

I hope the movie's physics are based on the in-game world. eg: Cannot drive trucks over picnic tables or beach umbrellas.

#61 Edited by Pr1mus (3811 posts) -

@manthorp said:

I hope the entire movie is in reverse.

I would totally watch this. And if the movie is garbage, which is likely with any video game movie, you can safely walk out knowing how it ends!

#62 Posted by lightsoda (540 posts) -

Yay..? Just, no Uwe Boll, please.

#63 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

If I could name all the video games that have been licensed for movies, and nothing has come out of it I wouldn't because it would take too long. But whatever, it's news.

#64 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

@ryanwho said:

@Brendan said:

Memento didn't use backward motion. What movie were you people watching?

I was watching the first 2 minutes of Memento.

Which was the only time in the movie that it even happened. An opening style shot isn't what the movie was about in the slightest.

#65 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2089 posts) -

@emem said:

@manthorp said:

I hope the entire movie is in reverse.

Memento style would work and I think it would be the first in that genre.. I'd watch it.

seconded.

#66 Edited by MisterMouse (3540 posts) -

If the entire movie is cut like the trailer I am in!

also they need to use the Giles Lamb song as well as Mad World.

#67 Posted by PulledaBrad (612 posts) -
@manthorp

I hope the entire movie is in reverse.

Irreversable but with zombies?
#68 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I don't see why they bothered to get the rights to this, surely they could just make a zombie movie. Dead Islands plot is the weakest part of the game and nothing original comes out of it.

#69 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

I would love to be able to get a grand total on the amount of money that's been spent to acquire the rights to video game movies that have never happened.

#70 Edited by ghostNPC (761 posts) -

Sounds like something Lionsgate would do. Wonder if Uwe Boll will direct this. Also, Lionsgate trying to do 'sophisticated' stuff? Now I've heard everything :P

#71 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

Better than a broken gane that still gets high ratings

#72 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

@PulledaBrad said:

@manthorp

I hope the entire movie is in reverse.

Irreversable but with zombies?

YES! YES!

#73 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

@Brendan said:

@ryanwho said:

@Brendan said:

Memento didn't use backward motion. What movie were you people watching?

I was watching the first 2 minutes of Memento.

Which was the only time in the movie that it even happened. An opening style shot isn't what the movie was about in the slightest.

Okay. But you said it didn't happen at all. So yeah.

#74 Edited by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

The shoe and boot budget on this movie is gonna be RIDICULOUS!

#75 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

I am immensely interested to see how they plan to make a trailer that was only a few minutes long into a worthwhile feature length film. Good. Luck.

#76 Posted by DarkbeatDK (1239 posts) -

They kinda already made one.

#77 Posted by Xaviersx (157 posts) -

I'd rather see the makers of the trailer do a full length version of Dead Island, same style . . . except not so much reverse play

#78 Posted by Sarnecki (690 posts) -

Dead Island is the hallmark card of trailers. It`s empty cheap emotions and a reverse time gimmick that`s implemented for no reason but style.

#79 Posted by Ronald (1342 posts) -

I hope the writers watch the TNT of Dead Island before writing the movie. Imagine four characters all fighting over a truck that is stuck on a tree, and then ramming each other with said truck, for the whole movie.

#80 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

When I saw lionsgate for some reason I thought lionhead and I got really confused

#81 Posted by shhetghost (59 posts) -

Will the movie have noclip because that would cement my purchase

#82 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

It would make a better movie then game

#83 Posted by Creamypies (4051 posts) -

So Hollywood is getting licenses based on trailers now? If that's the case, where the fuck is the Deus Ex movie?!

#84 Posted by Corvak (901 posts) -

Buying the rights doesn't mean there'll be a movie made...but it covers their bases in case Dead Island becomes a lucrative property in the future. If the game does well, and goes into sequels, the movie rights will be more valuable.

#85 Posted by SpaceBoat (171 posts) -

@Creamypies said:

So Hollywood is getting licenses based on trailers now? If that's the case, where the fuck is the Deus Ex movie?!

He didn't ask for it.

#86 Posted by leinad44 (503 posts) -

This Movie can only succeed with ghost trucks!

#87 Posted by Creamypies (4051 posts) -

@SpaceBoat said:

@Creamypies said:

So Hollywood is getting licenses based on trailers now? If that's the case, where the fuck is the Deus Ex movie?!

He didn't ask for it.

Touché.

#88 Posted by Xeirus (1293 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

It would make a better movie then game

"than" the game, and if you haven't played it I wouldn't speak because that game is pretty badass.

#89 Posted by Xeirus (1293 posts) -

@Sarnecki said:

Dead Island is the hallmark card of trailers. It`s empty cheap emotions and a reverse time gimmick that`s implemented for no reason but style.

you don't say............. you could say that for any game trailer in the past 5 years.......

#90 Posted by Bloodlines (172 posts) -

@Ronald said:

I hope the writers watch the TNT of Dead Island before writing the movie. Imagine four characters all fighting over a truck that is stuck on a tree, and then ramming each other with said truck, for the whole movie.

This! And the gay zombies from Otto, or Up With Dead People too add some extra flavor.

#91 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

@Creamypies said:

So Hollywood is getting licenses based on trailers now? If that's the case, where the fuck is the Deus Ex movie?!

They're in negotiations with Keanu Reeves.

#92 Posted by Nightfang (376 posts) -

That was pretty fast.

#93 Posted by Pop (2606 posts) -

Did they really have to acquire the rights to it, I hope hoodoo you voodoo bitch makes it in :D.

#94 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@Xeirus said:

@Sarnecki said:

Dead Island is the hallmark card of trailers. It`s empty cheap emotions and a reverse time gimmick that`s implemented for no reason but style.

you don't say............. you could say that for any game trailer in the past 5 years.......

No you can't. Most game trailers don't try to elicit any emotion from the viewer other than, "Are you psyched about shooting guns at people?!?! Hell yeah, bro!"

#95 Posted by plaintomato (598 posts) -

Can't be any worse than Zombieland. I was pretty disappointed with the run of the mill zombie dispatching after playing Dead Island.

#96 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -

They gonna call it Obnoxious Stamina Bar 3D

#97 Posted by CannibalFerox (280 posts) -

Why waste the money buying the rights? Re-title it Island of the Dead, or something, and make the 897th zombie movie. I'll watch it.

#98 Posted by Xeirus (1293 posts) -

@Meowshi said:

@Xeirus said:

@Sarnecki said:

Dead Island is the hallmark card of trailers. It`s empty cheap emotions and a reverse time gimmick that`s implemented for no reason but style.

you don't say............. you could say that for any game trailer in the past 5 years.......

No you can't. Most game trailers don't try to elicit any emotion from the viewer other than, "Are you psyched about shooting guns at people?!?! Hell yeah, bro!"

Please don't comment on anything I post on this site from now on thanks. At least until i find a way to block people. I don't want you following me to each post, "kid".

#99 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

guess there aren't enough zombie movies on tropical islands.

#100 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

@ryanwho said:

@Brendan said:

@ryanwho said:

@Brendan said:

Memento didn't use backward motion. What movie were you people watching?

I was watching the first 2 minutes of Memento.

Which was the only time in the movie that it even happened. An opening style shot isn't what the movie was about in the slightest.

Okay. But you said it didn't happen at all. So yeah.

You got me there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.