Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

Patch is out (on Ps3 at least)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So for anyone who was waiting for it I am currently downloading it. I will check in later to give an update on any changes I can spot.

cheweqfp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cheweqfp

so after i downloaded the patch and tried to load my game, about 4 hours of game progress went poopsie. went from level 14 back to 6 and lost a bunch of equipment. All the quests i had done, and trophies i had made progress on were also gone. YAY Techland. Oh well still trhilled with the game itself. Im guessing all the problems are from rushing it out the door so it didnt get crushed next month by all the big dogs. Smart move business wise.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chop

Yeah, AVOID THE PATCH people. It's broken as all fuck and will rape your progress and trophies. 

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By aurahack

The game will rape your progress and trophies regardless if you've patched or not. I lost about two hours of playtime yesterday before the patch. I hadn't played since that reset and the patch has kept me at the original reset so... we'll see. So far it's saving my progress when I put myself into LAN mode, but I haven't played extensively (It saved after messing around for about 15 minutes). It seems like other people are getting it to save for them by putting it into LAN mode as well. 

It's a bummer, because I really like the game but I really haven't felt this burnt by a purchase in a pretty long time. I should of gotten Deus Ex and waited for this shit to sort itself out.

Heimdal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Heimdal

Ditto losing progress. I think it has something to do with choosing that really obvious 'Continue' button over loading from the Play menu. I think Continue is just completely broken. Try loading from Play?

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By aurahack
    @JantShira: I'm pretty sure it's the same thing, but I will try that out later today. When I played earlier today and checked to see if it saved my progress, I went to play and it was properly saved and updated. We shall see, I suppose. I'll update later on to see if it fixes it.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Sooperspy

Fuck. Hopefully they don't release the 360 patch anytime soon.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By The_Martian

I'm having a lot of glitch errors. Like picking up a crate out of the back of a truck just to have my character place it right back down again or with quest errors like activating a computer and it didn't do anything. This last one really annoyed me cause it wouldn't let me activate the computer again, so I had to quit and do the whole quest over again.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Hizang

Ok so I downloaded the patch before I had started the game, its working fine for me

Concise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Concise

Does this patch actually fix the save/trophy glitch? I'm unclear on this fact. The list of fixes doesn't seem to mention it.

By the way, somebody posted on Gamefaqs that the way to avoid getting your saves set back is to play the game set to "single player" *and* while signed out of PSN. Apparently, however, once your saved game is effected by the glitch there's no going back to a fixed state so you have to do this before you're effected. After getting hit with the glitch, I deleted my old saved games and started playing this way--and it's been working fine ever since. Still, it's kind of crazy that they released this game with such an obvious, wide-spread, and devestating bug. It kind of reminds me of the PC gaming scene circa 1996.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By HydraHam

@Hizang said:

Ok so I downloaded the patch before I had started the game, its working fine for me

This, downloaded the patch and my game save, character and everything is working perfectly fine.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By figurehead00

I had about 4 or 5 hours before I downloaded the patch and haven't had any problems.

CanadianHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CanadianHero

Is anyone not getting a patch prompt for the ps3? I cant connect to any friends games because I'm running a different version and cant get it to patch.

Bandit_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Bandit_Fox

Yeah, I haven't gotten the prompt for the patch either. Did they take it down? If it's as broken as everyone suggests...

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By huntad

I just rented the game today and am very disappointed. The game has froze once, locked up 5+ times for as long as a minute, and been running at 15-20 fps most of the time. The combat is meh, and the rest of the game is just lackluster. Story sucks, enemies just run at you (i know they're zombies, but zombies are the problem), and it's just fetch quests and repetitiveness. Gonna return it tomorrow. Anyone looking to try this game, I recommend you read as many reviews as you can. A lot about this game is broken/boring. For those that like it, great - more power to you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.