Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

weapon type distribution

Avatar image for deactivated-5b047a335a3c2
    deactivated-5b047a335a3c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Anybody played this game enough to know about this? Which weapon type is the most common? Do the weapon types you find change depending on the character? I started a game as xai(?) but I haven't been finding a lot of sharp weapons. Also is there a way to tell what weapon type it is? I haven't seen any weapon description other than what type of damage stats it has. I'm thinking of starting over mainly because the sharp weapon character runs around in high heels, which is kinda dumb. But she also seemed the least obnoxious. All the other characters seemed pissed off about something.

Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shadowsquire

Not sure how far into the game you are, but I've found that blunt weapons are a little bit more common when just wandering around, but sharp weapons are still plentiful. You just need to look a little harder to find them. You can also usually buy some good sharp weapons from the traders too.

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Divina_Rex

I'm playing as Xian and sharp weapons aren't a problem a little bit later after some main quests. Although her low health is presenting a problem at higher levels where even walker zombies take away half my health in one hit.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By david3cm

I have been running into plenty of sharp weapons, satisfying cutting off limbs as well.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By JTB123

Mainly blunt weapons for me, it's a shame because cutting arms off is way more satisfying than breaking them. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.