Who's your Favorite character for Dead Island?

#1 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Mines is Sam B he's the strongest and has more stamina. He's fury mode is fun going into a pissed off rage mode, and beating the shit out of zombies with a brass knuckle is satisfying. Who your Favorite character?

#2 Posted by Deadmanforking (577 posts) -

Yea I really like Same B aswell. But I've been playing along with my fiancee, shes playing Sam, so I went with Xian Mei. And shes really fun to play as.

#3 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

My first character was Logan, some of his late game powers were sweet!

#4 Posted by Sweep (8859 posts) -

I hate them all. I wish there was the option to just play as a normal dude and not some obnoxious stereotype.

#5 Posted by Rabid619 (1097 posts) -

I just started today and chose Logan to start with. I'm considering starting again as Purna though, I like the Aussie accent, but I don't like the idea of having guns available at the press of a button when the going gets tough. Seems like it'd take away some of the tension.

#6 Posted by MVP1101 (209 posts) -

I am with Sweep, I think they all suck but I liked Mowen and the Shaman

#7 Posted by ShinjiEx (625 posts) -

The white dude I guess forget his name...

I guess he is the jack of all trades character for the game

#8 Posted by sushisteve (183 posts) -

@Rabid619 said:

I just started today and chose Logan to start with. I'm considering starting again as Purna though, I like the Aussie accent, but I don't like the idea of having guns available at the press of a button when the going gets tough. Seems like it'd take away some of the tension.

Definitely enjoying my run as Purna. Having the gun fury mode doesn't take away from the tension because she takes a lot of damage when enemies get up close.

#9 Posted by RuneseekerMireille (325 posts) -

Xian Mei is my first and favorite character. I cannot deny the satisfying effectiveness of a lightning katana in her hands. Purna would be my second favorite; rough start, but once you get a gun, she requires quite a bit less management of resources than the others.

#10 Posted by Koshka (187 posts) -

"I'm from Neuorlans. Loua nif wad."

And if you think that's a steriotype, talk to a rapper fresh from New Orleans and tell me otherwise. (I live and south florida and produce music, I'll save you time) haha

I played as Sam B. with my friend, who played as Logan, through the whole game and man, I got jealous.

As far as health and soloing go Sam is the shit. You get health regen, crowd control, good reach, etc...

but Logan? Instakiller from a distance...

I mean he literally gets upto a 9%(?) chance to insta kill anything on a hit... that mixed with this 50% chance to return his weapon and the high DPS of his weapons make him a crazy killer.

#11 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

@Koshka said:

"I'm from Neuorlans. Loua nif wad."

And if you think that's a steriotype, talk to a rapper fresh from New Orleans and tell me otherwise. (I live and south florida and produce music, I'll save you time) haha

I played as Sam B. with my friend, who played as Logan, through the whole game and man, I got jealous.

As far as health and soloing go Sam is the shit. You get health regen, crowd control, good reach, etc...

but Logan? Instakiller from a distance...

I mean he literally gets upto a 9%(?) chance to insta kill anything on a hit... that mixed with this 50% chance to return his weapon and the high DPS of his weapons make him a crazy killer.

Sam B gets 30% chance to knockdown on hit and then you just stomp their heads.

#12 Posted by Cogzwell (238 posts) -

I find the all stupid, unbearable, and very linear. This in regards to both their character and the way they play.

#13 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

Purna has this ability where she stomps a dude so hard it kills him. So I use Purna, jump kick a dude, and then stomp their head in. It is awesome every time.

#14 Posted by Eckshale (76 posts) -

If you go through the game as Logan while playing solo you will hate every other character in the game as they pop out of nowhere and tell you to fuck off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.