Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

Worth getting on PC for $11.99 if I have nobody to play with?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

It's 60% off on steam right now, but I'm not sure if it's worth playing if none of my friends have it, or are interested in buying it.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

It's not really, its just another hack and slash fps, the co-op helped it along a little for me but it grows really old really quickly.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Aetheldod

Go for it ... I really liked the game and for 11/12 bucks I thinks it is a good deal

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Grillbar

i liked the game and i diddent care about playing with other people, random people made the game worse so yeah but it is better with people you know.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Deranged

@CL60: It's worth it, the RPG elements are quite present and it's not just a typical FPS. It's open-world, plenty of quests to do, amazing weapons to craft, although the story isn't the most engaging it makes up for it with engaging gameplay and a beautiful world.

If you're a fan of Left 4 Dead or anything zombies, I recommend it.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By alistercat

It is so monotonous. The first few hours in the resort will be fun but after that... no. I finish every game and I just can't finish it. I should just do it.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By M_Shini

I got something out of it even if i didn't finish it, i didn't really like playing co-op though, its fairly neat for awhile, for that much its pretty much a win unless you totally hate it and i never thought it was a terrible game.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Isn't the summer sale coming up soon? It might be even cheaper.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vitor
    @CL60 said:

It's 60% off on steam right now, but I'm not sure if it's worth playing if none of my friends have it, or are interested in buying it.

It's one of those rare games I didn't finish but, considering it's size, that's not a huge criticism. You'll get at least 6-8 hours of great fun out of the initial island stage, and the following city environment is almost as entertaining (minus a few awful missteps into poorly designed sewer sections) and will last you another 6 hours or so. I never made it past that because it does get a little repetitive, but it's one of those games I'm glad to have experienced. For that price, you can't go wrong. 

Just be sure you have a controller. I don't know if the analogue fighting ever got ported to the mouse but its vital to the enjoyment of the game that you plug a pad in and enable the setting in the menu.
    Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Nentisys

Not worth it, in my opinion. This game got super boring after an hour.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By JTB123

If you're the kind of person who is prepared to put in a bit of time first then Dead Island certainly has its moments.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.