I like this game

#1 Posted by Jackel2072 (2237 posts) -

just goes to show you. if a game peaks your interest and it gets poor reviews you should still give it a shot. I really enjoy the games heavy focus on finding choke points and crowd control. It kind of reminds me of the Guardian of Light. which i loved to death. Its too bad it didn't sit right with most people like my friend who thinks the aiming is horrible. Over all its well worth your time if you enjoyed the guardian of light.

#2 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -

I like it too, for free its great, and for free Wipeout is nothing short of incredible. 

#3 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5117 posts) -

I hated it.  The weapons didn't feel good and it seemed sluggish.  I didn't care about the story and the game was ugly.  It was also hard to see.

#4 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I liked it, too.

#5 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@Jackel2072: It didn't really get poor reviews. I don't like to bring up Metacritic all that much, but it averages a 77 on that site. That ain't too shabby.

#6 Posted by Lukeweizer (2608 posts) -

Who asked?

#7 Edited by Sign (291 posts) -

I am having fun with it, if anyone else is looking to play it because they got it for free from the Welcome Back deals I recommend turning up the brightness and gamma in the games settings. There are still a few really dark settings but it makes it a lot more enjoyable when you can see your enemies. I also recommend fully upgrading your rifle ASAP because you are going to rely on it, a lot.

#8 Posted by SHADOWINFINITE (545 posts) -

I downloaded the game for free recently, I'll be playing it really soon. 

#9 Posted by Oddface (85 posts) -

Pro tip: Play it in co-op with someone you can communicate with. Everything is better with a friend and it can get pretty tactical in spots.

#10 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

I just finished it, may try to platinum if I can get my buddy to play it with me.

Really enjoyed it, had some difficulty at first getting used to controls but picked up on it quickly.

Also got Wipeout but have yet to play. Also got the Magic The Gathering game as it was part of Plus and I am a huge MTG nerd.

#11 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Jackel2072: It didn't really get poor reviews. I don't like to bring up Metacritic all that much, but it averages a 77 on that site. That ain't too shabby.

Way to bring up Metacritic not all that much.....

#12 Posted by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

I haven't played it yet, but this and Stardust were the ones I picked for Welcome Back, the game looked pretty cool to me.

#13 Posted by MetalBaofu (1350 posts) -

I had absolutely no interest in it at all, but I enjoyed it.  It felt really odd at first, but once you get the rifle/grenades/flares/mines upgraded it gets better.  One trophy left to go in it....the 53k zombie kills.

#14 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

I loved it and only need two more trophies for the platinum, great game overall.

#15 Posted by rawrsair (819 posts) -

I liked it too, but it's insane on the hardest difficulty - so many zombies

#16 Posted by copycatzen (816 posts) -

100%ed it

#17 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

One of my favourite games this year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.