Oh my god! This game is beyond awesome.

#1 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Oh my god.

Guys.

Guys.

This game.

This fuckin' game.

It is, incredible. I'm at the level Highway To Hell right now, and the insanity has just been ratcheted up at least ten levels. So I come out of the gate, pick up a couple pick ups, and then I move to this arena-like area. All of a sudden, the music kicks in, and I can hear the shrieks of at least one hundred zombies barreling towards me.

"Oh, FUCK."

I quickly throw a flare to deter them, and then I start blasting away with the shotgun, switching to my trusty rocket launcher if there's a jumper or bladed zombie nearby. I keep track of my mines, and throw them behind me, for which all four detentions kill in excess of fifty zombies in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately, two bladed zombies took me out of the game, but I'm about to go back in, head first.

This game is insane, and it's fucking amazing, and I love it.

I feel like I'm near the end. Jesus Christ, what a pitch-perfect crescendo of zombie-killing insanity and weapon/explosive management like I've never seen.

Please. Please god tell me that I'm not the only one who feels this way about Dead Nation.

Like, holy shit.

#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5401 posts) -

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

So, my final kill count for this level was 2,042 zombies killed. Holy crap. This game is amazing.

#4 Edited by ColinWright (741 posts) -

Glad to see you're enjoying it. Couldn't get into it myself.

#5 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Is it true that there are zombies in this game?

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Oh, sounds interesting. Might as well check i-*goes to page, sees 2 star score and PS3 exclusivity* I retract my statement.

#7 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Oh, sounds interesting. Might as well check i-*goes to page, sees 2 star score and PS3 exclusivity* I retract my statement.

I assume you don't have a PlayStation 3?

#8 Posted by TheHT (11777 posts) -

Yeah, it's pretty fun. Nothing revolutionary or anything, but a good ol' good time.

#9 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@TheHT said:

Yeah, it's pretty fun. Nothing revolutionary or anything, but a good ol' good time.

I think it should be praised for its amazing pacing. The build-up and zombie count quickly rises without overwhelming you, and they create enough interesting scenarios to always keep you on your toes.

#10 Posted by MetalBaofu (1440 posts) -

I got it as one of my games from the welcome back stuff earlier this year. I ended up liking it a lot more than I expected(enough to get a platinum in it), but I don't think I liked it quite as much as you seem to.

#11 Posted by Three0neFive (2304 posts) -

I might have liked it more if I could actually see what the fuck I was doing.

#12 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Three0neFive said:

I might have liked it more if I could actually see what the fuck I was doing.

I never had any issues, honestly. Even if you can't see the ground directly in front of you (a very small percentage of the time), you can still see periphery elements, and certainly with your flash light you can see a lot more. They don't make long stretches pitch black. There's only a few scenarios later on in which they do.

#13 Posted by 49th (2844 posts) -

It's fun when you can actually fucking find anyone else playing who is also not retarded.

#14 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@49th said:

It's fun when you can actually fucking find anyone else playing who is also not retarded.

You have to lone-wolf that shit, dude. That's what I did. I had a hell of a time.

#15 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

So you shelved Uncharted 2 after the first chapter and now you're losing your shit over Dead Nation. I'm not saying Dead Nation is bad, but your taste certainly is.

#16 Posted by Strife777 (1612 posts) -

Meh... I liked it better than most critics did, but I wouldn't call it that awesome, it was alright.

But hey, good for you if you enjoyed it.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Napalm:

Correct. Would you be willing to gift me one through Steam?

#18 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@EVO said:

So you shelved Uncharted 2 after the first chapter and now you're losing your shit over Dead Nation. I'm not saying Dead Nation is bad, but your taste certainly is.

Aw, looks like somebody is taking this a little personally.

You go enjoy your Uncharted. I'll be over here with my Dead Nation.

#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Napalm:

I meant a PS3. That was the joke.

#20 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Napalm:

I meant a PS3. That was the joke.

Yeah, I knew that.

Dick.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Napalm:

Sounded like you genuinely thought I meant Dead Nation.

#22 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Dead Nation is a good time. I'm more than happy to get more people into it.

It probably helps I played the shit out of Renegade Ops before hand, so I had a familiarity with twin stick shooters.

#23 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -

@49th said:

That pretty much rings true to every game.

@Napalm: I picked it up last summer when it Sony offered it as a free game after the whole PSn outage. I played half way through and never had any desire to finish it. The game is not bad but it gets boring very fast, but hey...it was free.

#24 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Napalm: You're the guy that loves SR: The Third and God Hand, right? You have good taste in games, i'll check this out.
#25 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@Napalm: You're the guy that loves SR: The Third and God Hand, right? You have good taste in games, i'll check this out.

Yep! It should be noted: it's not a spastic shooter. It's methodically paced for a reason. Don't go thinking it's Renegade Ops where you just hold down the fire button.

Also, followed.

#26 Posted by BionicRadd (616 posts) -

The trailer looks like I MADE A GAME WITH ZOMBIES IN IT, only fancier graphics and 15 times as much cost (doesnt automatically make it better)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.