Oh man, 7 years later and the ending movies are still great.

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (15152 posts) -

So, I've been getting really amped up for DOA 5. So I remembered that I still had DOA 4 and my original save back from 2005 which has somehow managed to last being transferred over 3 different HDD's over the 5 or so 360's I've gone through. Anywho, man I forgot how dumb and awesome some of these movies are I can't wait to see what they cook up this time. I hope its equal on some of the level of stupidity as things like this:

Stupid pop music playing while she apparently slices tomatoes in 5 pieces by slicing them once god this is so dumb but I love every second of it. And then there are some of the other endings like Ayane's that is just Ayane and Hayate being a bunch of Ninja badasses and blowing shit up.

And then there is Helena's ending which has a more somber tone to it and sorta makes me wish DOA's story wasn't so obtuse. From all the things i've deciphered about the story in the series theres actually some interesting things going on. Despite it being fairly somber it has some pretty great action shots of Kasumi fighting Alpha-152 amongst a burning and collapsing DOATEC oddly punctuated by and Aerosmith song who apparently Itagaki has some odd obsession with.

So here is to some hopefully dumb shit happening in DOA 5 with the endings. I'm surprised the CG actually is still fairly competent compared to what we have today for being 7 years old. Here's to ya DOA4!

#2 Posted by Ammut (25 posts) -

How could you forget these gems... my favorite is Lei-Feng's

Just... what?

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

If DOA5 does not has elaborate and dumb CGI ending for all it's characters I will be disappointed. I get the feeling that will not be the case because they will have a linear story mode ala Mortal Kombat.

#4 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12115 posts) -

I still think Tekken is better in the "excessively silly fighting game endings" department. But these are... pretty great.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (15152 posts) -

Also, holy shit.... people 7 years later are still fucking playing DOA 4 online. And its not like one guy or something sitting alone in a lobby. There are lists of matches to choose from. I thought it would be a ghost town. My mind is kinda blown here.

#6 Posted by Vonocourt (2164 posts) -

@Ammut: That poor dude.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (15152 posts) -

@Ammut said:

How could you forget these gems... my favorite is Lei-Feng's

Just... what?

That ending is kinda totally fucked. Guy ends up getting a feel by accident... she kicks him out of a moving train and then everyone on the train applauds her for it. Thats some messed up shit~!

#8 Edited by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Also, holy shit.... people 7 years later are still fucking playing DOA 4 online. And its not like one guy or something sitting alone in a lobby. There are lists of matches to choose from. I thought it would be a ghost town. My mind is kinda blown here.

totally. my friend and i were online today causing havoc in public lobbies. it's still a game i play regularly

also, the Lei Fang ending in DOA4 is probably one of my favorite DOA CG endings

#9 Posted by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

@Ammut: They don't even need to change that ending. All they have to do is spruce it up with newer CG and release it. I can't imagine any way to improve upon that.

#10 Posted by aurahack (2289 posts) -

@AjayRaz: Seventh reply into the thread. I'm disappointed, Ajay. I expected better from you.

#11 Edited by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

@aurahack: yo, fuck you. i was watching Breaking Bad. my DOA radar is off during that.

#12 Posted by aurahack (2289 posts) -

@AjayRaz:

No excuses.

#13 Posted by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

@aurahack:

#14 Posted by aurahack (2289 posts) -

@AjayRaz: How the fuck do I counter a sad ginger kid.

At any rate, the fuck are people still doing playing DOA4 online? Is the Undertow community also booming or some shit?

#15 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Dudes, Dead or Alive is awesome.

#16 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Ayane's and Bayman endings were great. I loved both of them. I loved everything they did with the story and closing out Helena only to have Zack save her in the end. Kokoro's was also decent

#17 Edited by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

@aurahack: it's always been somewhat active. when i started playing a couple of years ago, there were some lobbies here and there, usually 3 or 4. pretty much empty, but it was enough to get a few games in. familiar names would always show up, and people came and went, but ever since Dead or Alive 5 has been getting promoted, there have been a lot more lobbies popping up. it was always rare for the list of lobbies to span more than one page, but now one page is fairly common-- or at least from when i've been playing recently.

i occasionally run into no lobbies at all when i hop on sometimes, though. it can be a bummer. the people that do play however are.. well, they're quite the crowd. no one comments on my Xbox bio usually [pic], but when i play Dead or Alive 4 online it's common to get a message every so often asking about Naruto or Sauske or something like that. hell if i know. today i got a message asking if i wanted to 'hanasu' which is.. well, i guess i was asking for it.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (15152 posts) -

@AjayRaz: Oh my god. That picture just made my brain hurt. O_o;;

#19 Posted by aurahack (2289 posts) -

@AjayRaz: Your bio makes me want to kick babies.

And I suppose that makes sense. I'd imagine people want to brush up for 5 or whatever, but even in that situation I am surprised.

#20 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I have no game anymore. It's been ages since I played DOA4. Always Kasumi and Christie. We all should try to coordinate something.

#21 Edited by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

@AjayRaz: Oh my gosh. Your XBOX bio is almost certainly the best bio I have ever seen. While reading it, I nearly got a brain aneurysm and flashbacked to every annoying person I have ever known in my entire life. I have always enjoyed anime, but some fans who talk like that just flip a switch in my brain that few things outside of seeing famine or genocide can trigger.

Great job. Just, fantastic.

#22 Posted by ESREVER (2698 posts) -

@Dany said:

I have no game anymore. It's been ages since I played DOA4. Always Kasumi and Christie. We all should try to coordinate something.

I like you.

#23 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@ESREVER

@Dany said:

I like you.

Fistbump.jpg
#24 Edited by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

@AjayRaz: Oh my gosh. Your XBOX bio is almost certainly the best bio I have ever seen. While reading it, I nearly got a brain aneurysm and flashbacked to every annoying person I have ever known in my entire life. I have always enjoyed anime, but some fans who talk like that just flip a switch in my brain that few things outside of seeing famine or genocide can trigger.

cheers, friend! i had a great time writing it and disgusting myself at the same time so i'm glad that someone got some enjoyment/discomfort out of reading it.

#25 Posted by Demoskinos (15152 posts) -
@AjayRaz

@TruthTellah said:

cheers, friend! i had a great time writing it and disgusting myself at the same time so i'm glad that someone got some enjoyment/discomfort out of reading it.

The only thing worse is the people who try to act out anime tropes in real life. Makes me want to punch kittens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.