Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 4

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 29, 2005

The fourth official installment in Team Ninja's Dead or Alive fighting game series is brought to the seventh generation of video game consoles, complete with expanded online gameplay and a hidden crossover with the Halo franchise.

question regarding gamer pictures

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By bed

i'm buying a used copy of dead or alive 4 online and i was told that when you start the game up for the first time, the game awards you with gamer pictures to use on xbox live. while that's pretty neat, i have a feeling that i won't be getting them with a used copy.  

while gamer pictures aren't important, i'm just curious; will i still get the new gamer pictures even though my copy is used? i'm thinking that it varies from console to console but i'm just making sure.  

thank you! 

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

@AjayRaz: I really think it is based on just when YOU start up the game for the first time, regardless of whether the disc is used or not. This was a long time before developers started giving people incentives for buying new I think. Also, I don't think there is any way for the disc to know whether it is used or not. It isn't like the game comes with a code or anything when you buy it.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64
    @AjayRaz:   I bought my copy used so you will get them still.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By bed
    @Vito_Raliffe: @JJOR64: thank you both :). quick responses! 
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

I wouldn't really know but if I had to guess I say that you should get the gamer pictures since the disk might detect that it's a different system so it'll automatically give them to you. At least it should since it's just a bunch of pictures really rather then DLC or something like that. Just my guess anyway.

Edit: Fast response gentlemen!

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By frankxiv

they actually just came standard on the 20gb hard drive. my friend never played doa4 and he has them.

i also started with a core and a memory unit and doa4 and it didn't install any gamerpics to it so that's like two strikes?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By EpicSteve

If there's no code, I'm sure you will get it. But their were standard DOA gamer pics that came on original harddrives.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

@AjayRaz said:
    " @Vito_Raliffe: @JJOR64: thank you both :). quick responses!  "
    Indeed. The benefit of new threads going on the front page! If they didn't, I don't think you would get a response for at least a year :P
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @Vito_Raliffe: @JJOR64: thank you both :). quick responses!  "
    Indeed. The benefit of new threads going on the front page! If they didn't, I don't think you would get a response for at least a year :P "
    And that is why I love the GB forums.  :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.