Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 17, 2015

The final update to Dead or Alive 5 brings the game to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Last Round features more characters, stages, and costumes than any other Dead or Alive game to date.

PSN Pricing Errors?

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MVHVTMV

After hearing this thing was F2P, I decided to download it and give it a go, because I actually really like the way some of the previous DOA games play, even though the character design is almost unbearable. In any case, I live in Australia and got it on PS4, and while I was looking at the prices I noticed this one massive outlier.

Every other character is 5.95AUD, but this one character pack including her costumes is on sale for 67.95AUD. I looked at the other options on the store, and to buy her alone is still only 5.95AUD, is this a massive pricing error, or is this one set of consumes somehow "special" and they're actually trying to trick people into paying this much for them?

Something else I noticed was there is an "All Female Characters" pack, but none of the male characters are in any kind of pack. Obviously no-one playing a DOA game wants to have to look at dudes.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That's Last Round: Core Fighters. It's basically just a demo but you can buy characters for it if you are insane.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks like a pricing error to me. The number isn't even well rounded.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

It's totally a pricing error. I think it's supposed to be something like 12$ or something with the costumes, or something like that. Definitely not some crazy 67$ bundle.

I also remember seeing a dudes bundle alongside the ladies bundle, though I wonder if that's going to get any sort of attention whatsoever. They barely get any costumes.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yeah, the dudes don't get a lot of costumes but honestly Raidou is my favorite addition in Last Round he is goddamn Japanese Kano and its great. As to the question in hand yes...I think there are some errors with the DLC when they put it up.

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajayraz said:

I also remember seeing a dudes bundle alongside the ladies bundle, though I wonder if that's going to get any sort of attention whatsoever. They barely get any costumes.

I could've completely missed it, all I did was scroll through quickly and then set the sorting to price from high-to-low to see if there was any other weird shit like this. Maybe it's just more weirdness with the Australian PSN store, but I expected some kind of "Hey I just want everything" option to be there as well.

I don't really have any intention of buying any of the characters or outfits, I just haven't played a DOA game in years and I wanted to see if it still felt the same as I remembered.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She get's three boobs in that one.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeh, looks like a pricing error to me, but you can never be sure I guess, PSN has some weird wording and price points issues sometimes.

On a lighter note though:

Do the dudes in the DOA universe have dong physics like the characters in mount your friends, It doesn't seem fair to me that only the ladies get jiggly bits.

chessamv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burgavo No dong physics unfortunately, they really should put that in alongside some man-kinis or speedos or something. No reason not to cater to people who like that kind of thing! Come to think of it, DOA5 mount your friends edition? I'd play that.

Yeah it's a pricing error, also the retail version of the game isn't even on the European PSN. I haven't been able to find any statement saying they're gonna fix it but considering all the crashes and other issues the xbox versions are having and the fact some arcade sticks don't work with DOA5LR Team Ninja might be a little busy. Eurogamer reported on it:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-20-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-launches-with-plenty-of-issues

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As an addendum to the dong physics conversation above:

The game finally finished installing the options menu (Wait, what? The initial unlock gives you 4 characters and a couple of maps but you can't open the options menu?) Anyway, there is an option for breast physics in there which just makes the whole thing even weirder, especially when the options are "NATURAL", "DOA", "LR" or just off entirely.

FallenZen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: One might buy them because they're insane... Then again, one might wind up buying a character pack because the "Ultimate" purchase option seems to have been mysteriously absent from the "related items" list, which could easily result in a user being led to believe that no such option existed.

That's what happened to me, and I'm fairly pissed off about it. It was only several days after I'd decided the game was fun enough that I felt it was worth a little support from my wallet and so I purchased the male and female character packs for the combined sum of just over $53 USD. Still no story mode, but that was fine with me since I enjoyed playing against my friends and that was all I'd been doing anyhow. Imagine my surprise when, a day or two later as I was snatching one of the free costume catalogs an in-game notification had announced, I discovered the "Ultimate" bundle (which included all characters except two, as well as the story mode) being offered for $40 USD! Adding insult to injury, would you like to guess at where I found this cheaper and more complete option? That's right, it was in the aforementioned goddamn "related items" list! Oh, by the way, "no refunds, returns, or exchanges on PSN purchases. Gotcha!" says Sony. So now, if I want to enjoy the full content of this $40 game then I'm going to have to pay nearly $70?! What, the actual fuck, is this? Certainly looks, to me, like a sheisty shenanigan... And it smells an awful lot like the southern end of a northbound cow.

I'm going to be hard-pressed to justify giving either S(hit)ony(ou) or Koei Tecmo anything more than the finger after this one. I mean, I don't ask for much: but if you're going to fuck me in my console without so much as the courtesy of a reach-around, you should at least have the decency to buy me dinner first. That's what Microsoft would have done. Hell, even Nintendo would have tried offering to take me to a club where people Wii on each other.

Thinking about it, that last part may be a bit insane. Perhaps you were right all along.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.