Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 03, 2013

Upgraded release of Dead or Alive 5, including: DOA5+ feature integration, more characters, stages, costumes and BGM customization options.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate getting another new character.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

In light of everyone getting the screaming mimis last night over Ultra Street Fighter IV's fifth character being a masked Cammy lookalike, Tecmo Koei released a trailer of their own in the past day showing off a new downloadable character that will be coming to Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. A Kasumi clone.

No, not Alpha-152 II (thankfully), but the character, Phase-4, is a an actual clone in terms of her origin; she was supposedly created by the villain Victor Donovan. Maybe a hint at what's to come in the story for Dead or Alive 6?

Although, with a name like Phase-4, I'm honestly disappointed that they didn't just make her some crazy mutant ant queen or something:

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

I'm not even seeing the differences between her and Kasumi. I mean she literally looks like Kasumi with a new costume which I know shes a clone blah blah but still I'd hope her moveset was different enough to justify her place on the roster.

Also is is just me or is there weird white bars on the right hand side of the YouTube embeds?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

...There's a lot of this going around huh?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not even seeing the differences between her and Kasumi. I mean she literally looks like Kasumi with a new costume which I know shes a clone blah blah but still I'd hope her moveset was different enough to justify her place on the roster.

Also is is just me or is there weird white bars on the right hand side of the YouTube embeds?

I see those bars, too. Looks like they're inactive scroll bars. Maybe an embedding bug?

Anyway, I'm interested to see how Phase-4 actually plays in full. It doesn't surprise me that at least some of her moves are like Kasumi's, but I have to imagine that her moveset and tactics have some significant differences.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@hailinel said:

@demoskinos said:

I see those bars, too. Looks like they're inactive scroll bars. Maybe an embedding bug?

Anyway, I'm interested to see how Phase-4 actually plays in full. It doesn't surprise me that at least some of her moves are like Kasumi's, but I have to imagine that her moveset and tactics have some significant differences.

I mean I reconized most of the moves that they showed off as kasumi moves and combos. I'm going to guess her versions of those moves might have different properties ect but I didn't see a huge difference right away. That being said I am pretty excited for Marie Rose. She could be pretty fun.

Loading Video...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Yeah, Marie Rose looks like a fun addition. It's cool to see that the game is still getting content more substantial than bundles and bundles of costumes.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I can't believe this is still getting supported. I will have to pick this up on Vita during my annual summer FG thirst.

edsone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Fighting games and clones...

I almost got excited about it before reading it's a clone.

On the other hand makes me happy the game is not dead yet. It's a surprisingly good game. Deserves more respect from the fighting game community.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.