Behold the DOA 5 fight stick from Hori

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -
As is the case with most major fighting game releases these days, Dead or Alive 5 is getting its own custom arcade sticks. Made by Hori, the sticks are based on the same case as their Soul Calibur V and Gundam Extreme Vs arcade sticks. The sticks are scheduled to be released on September 27 in Japan for ¥14,801, which is around $185 in US currency. Amazon Japan has pre-order pages up for the PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 versions. No word yet from Hori whether these will be released in the US as well.

Source

Not sure I wanna spend near $200 on a fight stick but... damn that thing looks really cool and I've never played DOA with a stick so I'd like to see how much better (or worse) I'd become playing with one. I know buying the MK fight stick helped with MK tons. Heres to hoping we get a release!

#2 Posted by InformationHigh (21 posts) -

I imagine they will release it in the US. If the Virtua Fighter stick made it, I can't imagine them passing on DOA.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

I'm not a fan of that button layout.

#4 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

The minute they release a pinball controller, I will be all over that shit.

In the mean time, I will continue to be terrible at fighting games.

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4672 posts) -

I have played too much Dead or Alive 4 with a 360 controller to get this. Would feel weird to me.

#6 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

that is some ugly ass artwork on that thing would have to take it of straight away

#7 Posted by Grimhild (720 posts) -

I still want to see an EVO tournament played exclusively with flight sticks.

#8 Posted by DustoMan (30 posts) -
#9 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Grimhild said:

I still want to see an EVO tournament played exclusively with flight sticks.

Wait? Flight sticks? Things are getting serious around here!
#10 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4672 posts) -

I wonder if this will sell well. I think many Dead or Alive player use pad and the ones that don't probably already have a stick. If they want DOA5 art work. they could always get custom art.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -

Damn that is tempting.... already spending $100 on the game itself. Don't think I need to pony up for a stick yet. If it keeps on being a game I go back to constantly then I think I might have to get that though.

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4672 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Damn that is tempting.... already spending $100 on the game itself. Don't think I need to pony up for a stick yet. If it keeps on being a game I go back to constantly then I think I might have to get that though.

Why 100? The collectors edition is 80$. I guess it is a currency thing in different country's.

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Demoskinos said:

Damn that is tempting.... already spending $100 on the game itself. Don't think I need to pony up for a stick yet. If it keeps on being a game I go back to constantly then I think I might have to get that though.

Why 100? The collectors edition is 80$. I guess it is a currency thing in different country's.

With shipping from Gamestop it comes out to about $100 for me.

#14 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

i don't like the stick art :< and i don't think playing DOA with a fight stick would be fun but only because i'm so used to playing with a controller.

#15 Posted by coaxmetal (1569 posts) -

That looks identical, other than art and button colors, to my HORI Soul Calibur 5 stick which I got for $100 and it also had sanwa parts. I want to change the art on that thoguh because I don't like SC much.

#16 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4672 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Demoskinos said:

Damn that is tempting.... already spending $100 on the game itself. Don't think I need to pony up for a stick yet. If it keeps on being a game I go back to constantly then I think I might have to get that though.

Why 100? The collectors edition is 80$. I guess it is a currency thing in different country's.

With shipping from Gamestop it comes out to about $100 for me.

Oh, that make since with tax. I am still debating whether or not to get the collectors edition.

#17 Posted by BBAlpert (1349 posts) -

@Grimhild said:

I still want to see an EVO tournament played exclusively with flight sticks.

Pulling off 360 spins could be kind of tricky with Track IR, haha.

#18 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1485 posts) -

Looks a bit bland really. They never seem to turn out well when they put characters on them. The only one I really like the look of is the Madcatz round 2 because the art is subtle and stylish. Its the same thing with fighting game box art. Its always just; stick a bunch of characters on there, I dunno.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.