Hey you DOA fans who are your favorites?

  • 54 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14590 posts) -

So, Starting to really get pumped up for DOA5 later this year I've been jamming on DOA4 to get prepared and was wondering of anyone here that considers themselves fans who are you favorites from the first four games?

I tend my top 3 (in no real order) are Tina,Hitomi and of course Ryu Hayabusa. I really enjoy Tina for her grapple based moves I'm also a big wrestling fan so being able to juggle people into a powerbomb grapple mid-air is pretty cool. Ryu...well... I'm a huge Ninja Gaiden fan how could I not play as Ryu? And as for Hitomi well for one I think she's super cute but I also really dig her form of martial arts. I'm not sure of the exact style she uses though. Also pretty excited Hitomi is apparently the covergirl for the game. That is as long as the current box art doesn't change. So, who are your favorites?

#2 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

I usually play Kasumi, Ayane or Hitomi. I don't really have favourites.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (23973 posts) -

I've played Kokoro so much in DOA Dimensions that it's a wonder my game doesn't just boot past the character select screen at this point. :P But after her, I generally play Hitomi and Ayane.

Online
#4 Edited by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

i.. well..

apart from you know, i like Lei Fang and Eliot a lot. also, while i don't play as him, and despise playing against him, i absolutely love Brad Wong as a character. one of the best characters in the entire roster.

#5 Posted by kyokushin_nanaya (40 posts) -

@Demoskinos: Hitomi does a variant of karate that's fictional to the DOA universe. So far, the only karate consultant is a Kyokushin karate practitioner.

I personally really look forward to play Kasumi, Ayane and Hitomi. Kasumi's fast, Ayane's a little more tricky with her back stances and Hitomi feels like a powerhouse. It helps to vary the game time and again. Since I've only got a PS3, the only chances I've had to play the DOA series was on my friend's XBox. I fully intend to spend hours and hours to unlock costumes.

#6 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1174 posts) -

Hayabusa, Bass, Zack

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (14590 posts) -
@kyokushin_nanaya Admittedly the costumes are one of my favorite parts of the game. I wish you could make your own outfits like in DOAX2. The Alpha demo of DOA 5 is pretty fun can't wait to see what changes they make in the final version.
#8 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

In DOA is mostly play Jann Lee and Eliot. I sometime play Ein, Hitomi and Hayate when I want to mix it up. I would love to get good with Helena, but I am not meant to be.

#9 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Hitomi and Ayane mostly. Zack occasionally if I feel like trolling with his alt costume.

#10 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

In DOA is mostly play Jann Lee and Eliot.

nice! it's great to see someone else who likes Eliot. he's the next character i want to learn well.

#11 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

hitomi

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (14590 posts) -
@AjayRaz Eliot is mostly like Gen Fu isn't he?
#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

In DOA is mostly play Jann Lee and Eliot.

nice! it's great to see someone else who likes Eliot. he's the next character i want to learn well.

Eliot is a lot of fun. I would not have bothered if it were not for someone pointing out that my play style suits the character. I need more practice with him thought. I'm not great with him parrys or optimal juggles.

#14 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@AjayRaz said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

In DOA is mostly play Jann Lee and Eliot.

nice! it's great to see someone else who likes Eliot. he's the next character i want to learn well.

Eliot is a lot of fun. I would not have bothered if it were not for someone pointing out that my play style suits the character. I need more practice with him thought. I'm not great with him parrys or optimal juggles.

same here. i need to practice a lot more Eliot and brush up on Lei Fang. we should play sometime if you ever get gold again (unless you already did.) it's been a while~

@Demoskinos: while Eliot is the successor to Gen Fu, i've never felt that they were very similar characters in terms of playstyle. Eliot's strikes feel a lot more hard hitting

#15 Posted by Village_Guy (2507 posts) -

Ayane, Bayman, and Leifang - in that order.

Though I haven't really played any DOA in yeeaars... Kinda excited for 5 though.

#16 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I played Ayane and Hitomi until DOA4 then it was pretty much only Kokoro.

#17 Posted by ESREVER (2671 posts) -

I like Kasumi and Christie... I don't remember fighting styles specifically, its been too long. But they're nice to look at. Oh, the luchadore chick is pretty cool too. I forgot her name.... Lisa is her name.

Online
#18 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Brad Wong and Eliot. Specially Brad Wong.

#19 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@AjayRaz said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

In DOA is mostly play Jann Lee and Eliot.

nice! it's great to see someone else who likes Eliot. he's the next character i want to learn well.

Eliot is a lot of fun. I would not have bothered if it were not for someone pointing out that my play style suits the character. I need more practice with him thought. I'm not great with him parrys or optimal juggles.

same here. i need to practice a lot more Eliot and brush up on Lei Fang. we should play sometime if you ever get gold again (unless you already did.) it's been a while~

@Demoskinos: while Eliot is the successor to Gen Fu, i've never felt that they were very similar characters in terms of playstyle. Eliot's strikes feel a lot more hard hitting

I don't have gold yet. I was planning to get it a month or two before Dead or Alive 5 comes out to get some practice in with 4.

#20 Posted by Demoskinos (14590 posts) -

I'll be down for some online... as soon as I finish these time attack runs... long story short. My original orginal save got corrupted somehow (back in 2005) so I started a new save and never did get around to unlocking Tengu again. Alpha-152 is being a pain in the ass as usual.

#21 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

I remember mostly playing with Jann Lee and Leon.

#22 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

I haven't really liked DOA since the 3rd one, but I played a lot of scuba Bayman back in the day.

#23 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@Alkaiser said:

I haven't really liked DOA since the 3rd one, but I played a lot of scuba Bayman back in the day.

I dunno if it changed in 4, but wasn't Leon and Bayman's style basically the same?

#24 Posted by EuanDewar (4791 posts) -

the halo chick

#25 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Alkaiser said:

I haven't really liked DOA since the 3rd one, but I played a lot of scuba Bayman back in the day.

I dunno if it changed in 4, but wasn't Leon and Bayman's style basically the same?

Thats crazy talk. Bayman was clearly a muscular man in a hat, while Leon was a muscular man in a hat. Get it right.

#26 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@Alkaiser: Aha! I caught you, villain! Leon was clearly a muscular man not in a hat.

#27 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Alkaiser: Aha! I caught you, villain! Leon was clearly a muscular man not in a hat.

You deny that turbans are hats? I am offended, good sir!

But seriously, yeah they pretty much were the same but with different grapples. I just found the scuba outfit to be funnier.

#28 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@Alkaiser: Yeah, that's how I remembered it. I also recall finding Leon's shades funny because his head was so big and they were so small.

#29 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Alkaiser: Yeah, that's how I remembered it. I also recall finding Leon's shades funny because his head was so big and they were so small.

Heh, yeah. The only other thing I remember about Leon was the thing with Zack. Dude hates mirrors. Don't show him one, he'll flip out and backfist it.

#30 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@Alkaiser: Lol! Oh, man, now I wish I still had my xbox. I'd go back and re-play DOA 3..

#31 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Alkaiser: Lol! Oh, man, now I wish I still had my xbox. I'd go back and re-play DOA 3..

As far as I can tell, DOA3 is backwards compatible on the 360. Don't know how well it runs, but you can probably find the game for a buck at this point. Lemme check Amazon... yup. 47 cents used.

#32 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -

Hayabusa and Hayate. Because... Ninjas.

#33 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@Alkaiser: I'll consider it sometime. That game was a pretty good time-waster.

#34 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Ayane and Ryu , well it's been a while since I played DOA didn't played 4 so I don't know how Eliot , Brad Wong and Kokoro play , still those 2 are my favorite plus the make the perfect ninja duo (even though Ayane likes to pair up with Hayate for some reason... story stuff don't know).

#35 Posted by jagenheim (147 posts) -

Christie. She needs a friend.

#36 Posted by HadesTimes (803 posts) -

Helena used to be my go to, but I have played since around DOA 4 launch.

#37 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

Hayabusa has always been my main, but I like using Jan Lee purely because of his WA-TA! at the end of his strings. Really looking forward to the QL later today.

#38 Posted by Slay3r1583 (601 posts) -

I've really only played 2 and 3. In 2 Helena was my go to character and 3 was Hitomi. I dabbled with Jann Lee in both games also.

Online
#39 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

Hitomi, Kasumi and Ryu. I lent my copy of DOA4 to my mate so I'm just playing DOA: Dimensions instead.

#40 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

Always Brad Wong, always shenanigans. Sometimes I'll dabble in some Bayman or Kasumi, though.

#41 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

These two.

#42 Posted by Phr4nk0 (349 posts) -

Tina and Ein/Hitomi usually. When I want to mix it up I'll replace one for Christie.

As said before the Karate style used is really similar to Kyokushin, I've done a form of karate based off Kyokushin for over 10 years now and it's really cool that basically all the moves are actually the same or really similar to the ones we do. Also the kata she does in the into to DoA3 and in DoAX2 is prety much exactly like one we do.

#43 Posted by mrfluke (5103 posts) -

Probably kasumi and jann lee, and throw in some brad wong when i want to fuck around, and hayabusa because he is a badass

#44 Posted by Vorsic (34 posts) -

Tina. I love the way she plays and her story modes because it's just she decides to do something and then does it. Model, movie star, rock star. I'm hoping she eventually decides to become president or something.

#45 Posted by oldjack327 (133 posts) -

Ein, Brad Wong, and Leifeng... sad about Ein being absent.

#46 Posted by GunstarRed (5047 posts) -

As of today with a little messing about in training and online I am really, really fond of Helena.

#47 Posted by Demoskinos (14590 posts) -
@GunstarRed Been thinking about checking her out myself. I think she is by far the most improved character model.
#48 Posted by Ravelle (1198 posts) -

As a MMA fan I'm enjoying Mila a lot, currently getting familiar with her and trying out what combo's are good.

#49 Posted by Gargantuan (1881 posts) -

Leon and Bayman

#50 Posted by MikkaQ (10270 posts) -

I'm not a DOA fan anymore, but when I was... no one could beat my Christie. My Brad Wong was pretty great as well, but my moves got pretty predictable with him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.