What's up with Hitomi?

#1 Edited by AssInAss (2746 posts) -

As I was watching the latest DOA 5 trailer, I caught myself staring into Hitomi's eyes.

When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you.

I hope they fix the derp facial emotions.

#2 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

"she be derping"

eurgh..

#3 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

I think the faces look a lot better now, you just took her worst angle

#4 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4893 posts) -

It looks like they're trying to add realistic skin to animu face design. That... looks creepy as fuck.

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

The character finally don't look like god damn dolls. They've had the same texture quality since DOA2 on the PS2, damn glad they finally changed the character design.

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@Oldirtybearon said:

It looks like they're trying to add realistic skin to animu face design. That... looks creepy as fuck.

Agreed. We're deep in the Uncanny Valley here.

#7 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

I like the new designs generally speaking but Hitomi looks horrible. It's a shame she is one of my favorites. Hopefully no other character suffers this fate.

#8 Posted by FulgoreSenpai (73 posts) -

I i wasn't told that it was Hitomi, I wouldnt have known on the spot. She just looks like some brunette now.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (15162 posts) -

I think it looks fine..... =\

#10 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (489 posts) -

She's wearing a bra. Whats up with that?

#11 Posted by kindone (2833 posts) -

@Oldirtybearon said:

That's pretty much what it is, it's not "derpy." If you just get over that realism/anime factor it's fine, whenever you take a still photo of a moving person you're bound to get a funny face.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.