Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

The downloadable prologue to Dead Rising 2 (exclusive to the Xbox 360) gives players a taste of the new "Combo Weapon" mechanic, as Chuck Greene must escape the zombie-infested rural town of Still Creek while preventing his daughter from succumbing to the zombie plague.

All survivors achievement

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78

Does it need to be one play through?  Does it include katey?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9ee8b9b3047
    deactivated-5e9ee8b9b3047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No it doesn't include Katey and I'm pretty sure it's to be done in one play through, not sure though. I found it really easy to do by just not killing any zombies that I don't require to kill and just racing to the objectives, you can also pick up Sharon, since she walks slow, to save time (something I didn't do).

Dr_VonBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dr_VonBoogie

Yes and yes. Here's a video if you don't know the locations of all the survivors. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Yes, it has to be in one playthrough for any of the achievements that say something about collecting all of... or whatever "all" you have to take care of. 

The survivors one can be tricky.  Just remember that you can pick up and carry Sharon, which took me a whole playthrough before the prompt to carry her popped up as I abandoned her, Tina, and Nikki because I needed to get on my bike and ride off.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By WickedCestus

Remember, the last one only unlocks after the final boss. That screwed me up the first time.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By ReyGitano
    @supermike6 said:
    " Remember, the last one only unlocks after the final boss. That screwed me up the first time. "
    No, she unlocks at 7pm. You don't need to even fight the boss to get this achievement.
    McDunkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By McDunkin

This wasn't nearly as hard as saving all the survivors in a given day in Dead Rising but it still took me a couple tries to get all the timing right.  It seems like there will be infected survivors in Dead Rising 2 and finding enough zombrex to keep them alive will be part of the challenge since if you look at the notes or whatever section of shows survivor status has a section for turned survivors.  

I would have liked to see something a little bit more challenging in case0 but for the scope of what it is it doesn't bother me that saving all of the survivors wasn't crazy difficult.

Avatar image for cletusthefoetus
    CletusTheFoetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By CletusTheFoetus

Yeah, it wasn't too hard after once I figured out that I could pick up Sharon. She goes a stupid route which can fuck everything up. Also, go to the Diner and mix some food and get a couple of Repulse, that way they wont bother you.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By RichardLOlson

I downloaded it and not played it yet.  I'm still curious about the unlimited time glitch.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#10  Edited By alistercat
    @RichardLOlson:  No survivors spawn using the unlimited time glitch, so doing it to get achievements won't do any good except for getting PP and killing zombies.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Sooperspy
    @AlisterCat said:
    " @RichardLOlson:  No survivors spawn using the unlimited time glitch, so doing it to get achievements won't do any good except for getting PP and killing zombies. "
    What glitch? Tell me, please.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By EpicSteve

Keep in mind certain survivors wont appear until certain times. They're really easy to get.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat
    @Redbullet685:  Look in the forum for my thread detailing the glitch.
    InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By InKtOiD

Getting most of the survivors is a cake walk. I've played through Case Zero a few times now and all of games but my first sometimes it will glitch and he won't tell you about survivors so you just need to know around the times they show up and go get them yourself.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By MetalBaofu
    @CletusTheFoetus said:
    " Yeah, it wasn't too hard after once I figured out that I could pick up Sharon. She goes a stupid route which can fuck everything up. Also, go to the Diner and mix some food and get a couple of Repulse, that way they wont bother you. "
    Weird....when I went and talked to her it automatically put her in my arms, so I just ran with her.   I didn't have to manually pick her up.   But, yeah...whatever you have to do make sure you pick her up.  Can pretty much just run right through the zombies then and they sorta get pushed away. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.